Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old May 24th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

prettypolly90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Normal, natural life changes bring their own stresses and strains but what you are contemplating is making a life change that you yourself and your family are 'forcing', 'endorsing' or what ever word you would prefer. In other words it is a huge decision so with this comes stress even when it is something that you really want. We tend to deal with normal life changes as we go along because we have to to survive but something as huge as moving to a different country, different lifestyle etc throws us into a real turmoil because we are the ones making that decision. The onus is therefore on us and this is why we panic and get the gitters. Good job too because it makes us think everything through very carefully and then there are hopefully less wrong decisions made.

You will suffer stress but having a good plan and a long list of things to do will lessen the stress and either validate your decision or make you change it.

Good Luck in dealing with all of the 'ticky boxes'.

Rosemary
Me and organized/ planning just don't go. I live my life in an organized chaos.

But I guess I will have to get myself sorted. I have got a 2 year old and a husband (who is so laid back he is horizontal) to organize. I am compiling my list of questions to ask when we go back to spain next week. So I guess thats a start
Old May 24th 2007, 9:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prettypolly90
Me and organized/ planning just don't go. I live my life in an organized chaos.

But I guess I will have to get myself sorted. I have got a 2 year old and a husband (who is so laid back he is horizontal) to organize. I am compiling my list of questions to ask when we go back to spain next week. So I guess thats a start
Unfortunately if one of you is horizontal it forces the other one to be organised. I have always found lists are a very useful tool because of the need to tick things as they are done, so giving an incenticçve to do more. Taught my OH to do this when we first got together and now I am the one who does things from my mental list and he is the one with the lists written down.

Before coming to Spain he had loads of different books full of lists regarding what had to be done in UK, Spain and the family. We found them yesterday and ripped them up. So satisfying.

Rosemary
Old May 24th 2007, 9:38 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prettypolly90
I have finally agreed to go back to spain and take a proper look at the area (Yecla), Nursery's Schools etc. We have seen a house we really like.......

I have to give 3 months notice in my job. I'm a great believer in fate, if it all comes together smoothly then it is meant to be If not then, who knows

So why am I stressing
Hi Prettypolly90,hey you have come a long way,when you joined the forum you were apprehensive about the move as it was something your O/H suggested you do.You seem more confident now and are about to visit Yecla next week,I do hope the visit is a success.
Its a shame about the people dropping out of their offer at the weekend,but these things happen,its one of the pitfalls of trying to sell a house.
I think its natural for you to feel a bit stressed,your house is up for sale,you are about to visit Yecla,and there is so much to plan and organise.
I hope you have a safe journey and you find that is the place you would feel happy and at home.
I will look forward to your posts on your return,I hope its all good......
Old May 25th 2007, 6:52 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi .
Good luck to all that are moving very very soon. Wish you a safe journey and best wishes. Have a great time, hope all your dreams come true.
Luv Eve
Old May 25th 2007, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

lambert is an unknown quantity at this point

My family are looking into Murcia region or Costa Calida area, there is place called Roldan which we may be moving to this is about 10 mins away from Mar Menor,does anyone know this town? whats it like? and any info about removals eg renting a lorry for 2 families furniture, any contacts that would be useful to me and any advice about setting up our own business on Mar Menor- water ski-ing? is there already alot of these types of business on there.

thanks
Old May 25th 2007, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

bernipops is an unknown quantity at this point

After looking around various areas of Spain my other half and I have decided on Lebrija on the Costa de la Luz. Our reasons for this decision was because Lebrija is a typical small spanish town and the development we are buying in will the one of the first big influx's from other countries. Exciting but also nerve wracking as we dont speak any Spanish - yet. We are hoping to leave the rat race early 2008 and have sold our house in anticipation so its definitely "no going back" for us. Is there anyone on this forum in this area or moving to this area?
Old May 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bernipops
After looking around various areas of Spain my other half and I have decided on Lebrija on the Costa de la Luz. Our reasons for this decision was because Lebrija is a typical small spanish town and the development we are buying in will the one of the first big influx's from other countries. Exciting but also nerve wracking as we dont speak any Spanish - yet. We are hoping to leave the rat race early 2008 and have sold our house in anticipation so its definitely "no going back" for us. Is there anyone on this forum in this area or moving to this area?
Hello Bernipops,first of all a big welcome to British Expats,you found us,brill.
I cant personally help with the area of Spain you are moving to has Im still in the UK and hoping to move to Andalucia,Im sure you will find someone from the area on here.
Have you seen the thread of JDR,s( moderator) at the top of the main page FREE BEER there is a lot of information there regarding various issues on moving to Spain,also if you take a bit of time and read a few threads,there are a lot of issues been covered.If you want you can open your own thread also.
I would not worry too much about not speaking the language,although it is far better if you can (at least the basics) ,there are a lot of us in the same boat,there are also many of us like yourself waiting in anticipation to move.

We will look forward to your postings and help has much as we can
Old May 29th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jandy44
Morning Peter,hey you are really moving things along now,its very exciting for you but naturally you will be nervous and apprehensive has well.It must be like you say quite wierd selling all your items,a big move.
Im sure you will be successful with the business,if you set up in Fuengirola we will have to bob in and see you when we are down that neck of the woods.I really hope that all goes to plan for you,and have a safe journey,I suppose you will be offline for a while,but keep us posted when you can.
GOOD LUCK
Just back in the UK after a long weekend in Benalmadena Pueblo.......and we have sorted out a lovely 2 bedroomed apartment in the Pueblo. It is lovely there so we feel very lucky.
When we landed back in Newcastle it was pouring with rain and freezing.
I wish I did not have to return but we need to sort out loads of stuff with our business etc.
ANOTHER FANTASTIC THING is we have 2 properties to look at for our business. We also have a guy that will assist us getting our business licence and NEI numbers etc (all the exciting stuff)
Things are really flying ahead. one of the properties to look at for our business is actually in the Pueblo just along from out apartment so we could walk to work if it goes ahead.
Our garage is now nearly empty and our living room is looking the same. Our suite is going this weekend so we will be sitting on our thumbs for the next few weeks.
I have to admit I am pretty nervous. Once we put the money down for the apartment it is like WOW a committment. SCARY stuff. Exciting also though.
A big worry is once we get the business premises we need to get the business going ASAP.
I feel we have made some great progress in our Spanish expedition though so all is going very well indeed.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Peter,
That's great news!
It sounds like you've achieved a lot this weekend, and it all seems very promising. Good for you!

Wouldn't it be great if you could get the business premises that would enable you to walk to work!?
Still, it's great that you now know where you're going to be living - and I'm sure it won't be long before the business side of things is sorted.

Oo-er, the house is really empty now, isn't it!?
You're bound to be feeling a strange mixture of emotions; it's only natural.

What's your next step? Have you actually got a move date sorted?
I take it your rented place will be furnished!!?

Glad you've found someone to help you with the paperwork.
Wishing you the very best of luck, and hoping that everything goes smoothly for you.

Please keep posting and letting us know what you're up to, and how it's all going once you get over here.
All good wishes to you,
Sam.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Just back in the UK after a long weekend in Benalmadena Pueblo.......and we have sorted out a lovely 2 bedroomed apartment in the Pueblo. It is lovely there so we feel very lucky.
I wish I did not have to return but we need to sort out loads of stuff with our business etc.
ANOTHER FANTASTIC THING is we have 2 properties to look at for our business. We also have a guy that will assist us getting our business licence and NEI numbers etc (all the exciting stuff)
Things are really flying ahead. one of the properties to look at for our business is actually in the Pueblo just along from out apartment so we could walk to work if it goes ahead.
Our garage is now nearly empty and our living room is looking the same. Our suite is going this weekend so we will be sitting on our thumbs for the next few weeks.
I have to admit I am pretty nervous. Once we put the money down for the apartment it is like WOW a committment. SCARY stuff. Exciting also though.
A big worry is once we get the business premises we need to get the business going ASAP.
I feel we have made some great progress in our Spanish expedition though so all is going very well indeed.

Wow! You have done really well in such a short space of time Pwblackbelt! You will have to buy yourself a couple of inflatable armchairs to sit on! That's great about finding an apartment and 2 possible premises for your business, AND someone to help you with the "necesarry paperwork". Wish you all the best, and keep us posted!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one well done , organised and so quick as well .. Nerves are to be expected so ride it through i have a feeling your going to do well in your new venture .

keep the updates coming ..
Old May 29th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Just to let you know we have got a 3 bed appt. sorted out for as long as we need (probably take it for 3 months) from August at a reasonable rent. The kids are both happy with the school they will be going to. And so am I. Going back tomorrow by myself - getting the train which will be fun. Will be taking my Spanish phrase book and dictionary in case I get lost.
OH is very good at driving on the right so I think I will give it a go cos it doesn´t seem so scary now.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Well Done Pete. Things are really starting to move for you now. Know the feeling about the house getting empty, We are waiting to sign up in around 3-4 weeks so clearing things daily.
Who knows we may become neighbours? as we are moving to the same area. We need to find the business first and then we will look for accomodation. Brenda doesn't drive so we dont want to be too far away, Although I am looking for 2 apartments, One For Brenda and me and the other one for my Son and his partner, So if you know of any cheap ones let me know.
Again Well done and good luck with everything. I jhave told my two lads about your plans and they seem interested in visiting you once you get established.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Just to let you know we have got a 3 bed appt. sorted out for as long as we need (probably take it for 3 months) from August at a reasonable rent. The kids are both happy with the school they will be going to. And so am I. Going back tomorrow by myself - getting the train which will be fun. Will be taking my Spanish phrase book and dictionary in case I get lost.
OH is very good at driving on the right so I think I will give it a go cos it doesn´t seem so scary now.

That's really good news sunnydee

Excellent that you're all happy with the school - that'll be a big relief.
Remind me, how old are your children? Are they excited about their new life over here?

I don't know whether you'll see this before you leave tomorrow, but just wanted to wish you a safe journey.
Ooh, you're definitely having some advenutures aren't you? Off on the train; that's great
I've never been on a Spanish train, but I gather the high speed ones are pretty impressive. It would be good to hear about your experience when you get back.
How long are you going for? What's this particular trip for - to do with your business plans?
Good luck, in any case

Don't worry too much about driving on the right. I was terrified when we first got here, but I am now "brave" enough to drive the 18km to the two towns either side of us!!
Well, "poco a poco" as the Spanish say, eh?

Wishing you all the best with your new venture, and please do keep us posted as to your progress.

All good wishes from,
Sam.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad all went well for you, and you liked the apartment, was told about the business premises near to the apartment, so good when everything comes together, hope everything continues to go well for you and you get settled and your business up and running soon, may even join myself!
Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.