Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old May 19th 2007, 10:21 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Chris,you keep counting luv,Iv lost use of my fingers now Hey the bathroom is very nearly finished,just the grouting.O/H has a few days hols again at the end of next week,so we will be a bit closer.The radiaters were delivered yesterday,so he has them to fit,but we are nearly there,Im going to set some balloons off when this place goes on the market,still its all getting us nearer to retirement
ps;did you recieve my pm
Jean xxx
Lol! Well done Jean and OH! I will keep my eyes peeled for a mass of balloons flying overhead! (some are bound to stray this way!) I will know that all the jobs are done and the house on the market! Yay!!
Old May 19th 2007, 10:26 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by Mrs P
Eve

I have friends in Competa, Tina and Pete. Don't suppose you know them

Mrs P
Hi, No I don't know them, well don't think so. trouble with the village is that although I know a lot of people by name I also know, and know of a lot by sight, so not really any use when a name is given.
Have you visited Competa.
Love to hear from anyone in that area or the village. Wish I was there all the time. One day!!!
Luv Eve
Old May 20th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

kevinbeddow is on a distinguished road

Hi valandgef
It looks as though you will be going the same route as we go eveytime?
The hotel we stay at is the mercure in rouen,on the riverside.very easy to find just follow sighns for centreville and you will come to traffic lights then turn right on right.

campanile also are good and will take dogs.
when you come out you have to turn right (one way)to the lights then right again to mini roundabout u turn then stay in left lane as you are crossing the dual carrige way.keep to the right and take first exit on right.

follow this to paris,you now want to be of at junc 10 heading for Rambouillet this is very easy as the sighns are green as this is tourist route.this will take you through the country side as it gets you off motorways.

you niow want to be looking for Orleans on A10,you should be at Orleans around lunch time 11.30-12.00.
we take this route because now you do not have many toll to pay i think only 3 to cahors?
next A20 limoges and I think depending on how you drive you should be in cahors between 2-4,we would carry on to barcelona having said that we are flying,90 -100 mph.cahors have a campanile just of motorway near town centre.
After this,it is very straight forward,toulouse,perpignan,barcelona.
perpignan to barcelona with a very conservative drive will take you 2 hrs then just straight on the dual carrige north of barcelona to valencia.
Hope this helps
Kevin
Old May 20th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Valandgef
just had a thought,if you get down to perpignan you have done great,hotels in perpignan are of junk 41.then this will leave you the next day to get to your destination.
kevin
Old May 20th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

valandgef
If you fancy a chat on your route i am only 30 min away by car,blanchland,you will catch me in the lord crewe arms hotel on a sunday lunch?
kevin
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Hello Peter,a big congratulationsto you,its very exciting and you are bound to be a bit nervous,but you have the confidence so go for it.I really hope that your business is a great success( any clues to what it is ).We are hoping to start a business when we move down,not quite sure what yet,we have a few ideas mulling around,I think we will be better deciding when we are living there.We just bought a new tv a couple of weeks ago(needs must )we will take it though,even though we will rent initially.
I expect you have loads to do with your impending move so close,I wish you a safe journey,please keep us updated.GOOD LUCK
Things are selling fast now to clear our house. I have sold my motorbike, our big 42 inch tv, our 6 seater dining suite, our push bikes, our drums and our coffee table.
The only BIG thing left really is our 2 piece suite and the patio heater.The beds and wardrobes will go to a second hand shop and our small bric a brac type stuff down to the car boot sale in a week or 2.
We go to Benalmadena to look at an apartment that we should be renting out long term in 2 days (Friday 25th May).
After that we are looking for premises for our business around Fuengirola possibly (any empty shops let us know).
I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see something leaving my house, it is very wierd.
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:38 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Things are selling fast now to clear our house. I have sold my motorbike, our big 42 inch tv, our 6 seater dining suite, our push bikes, our drums and our coffee table.
The only BIG thing left really is our 2 piece suite and the patio heater.The beds and wardrobes will go to a second hand shop and our small bric a brac type stuff down to the car boot sale in a week or 2.
We go to Benalmadena to look at an apartment that we should be renting out long term in 2 days (Friday 25th May).
After that we are looking for premises for our business around Fuengirola possibly (any empty shops let us know).
I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see something leaving my house, it is very wierd.
Well done pwblackbelt! You are really selling things quickly! I wish you well with the rest, but looks like you have everything pretty much under control. Your house must be getting bigger and bigger with every new item you sell! Good luck to you!
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:00 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

(Friday 25th May).
Morning Peter,hey you are really moving things along now,its very exciting for you but naturally you will be nervous and apprehensive has well.It must be like you say quite wierd selling all your items,a big move.
Im sure you will be successful with the business,if you set up in Fuengirola we will have to bob in and see you when we are down that neck of the woods.I really hope that all goes to plan for you,and have a safe journey,I suppose you will be offline for a while,but keep us posted when you can.
GOOD LUCK
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice

Count me in too!!!

I will be moving over in a few weeks, just tying up loose ends. I have my eye on Alhaurin el Grande. Does anyone have any info on that town? I have never been but researched it a lot and sounds like a lively town.

I have just had some very good news. After much discusssion my Daughter has decided to come over with me. She is 18 in July and it's a big step for her.

So thats two of us, and by the reaction of most ppl I have told, and the growing list on this thread, they may be an exodus of brits to Spain that is just growing by the day!
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:54 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jondee
Count me in too!!!

I will be moving over in a few weeks, just tying up loose ends. I have my eye on Alhaurin el Grande. Does anyone have any info on that town? I have never been but researched it a lot and sounds like a lively town.

!
Hi Jondee,its really good news that your daughter has decided to make the move with you Im sorry I dont know anything about the area but Im sure you will recieve some feedback from here.Looking at your other threads I noticed that you mentioned having to have a licence for three years,I really dont think that is the case at all,are you thinking of driving down? I can assure you it really is a nice drive,if you are,anyway good luck with everything ,Im sure we will be in touch again
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice

Hi,

We have been talking about driving down, that would be so cool!! I am deciding on whether to buy a LHD car over here, drive down and then re-register it in Spain. There has been some discussions on this on a few forums and is helping a lot, God I love the internet! (especially this forum)

Will definatly keep you all updated and will be following in the footsteps of the great ONLINE AMIGA (respect) and be filming my travels, especially if we drive down!!

hasta luego!

Last edited by Jondee; May 23rd 2007 at 12:15 pm.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Morning Peter,hey you are really moving things along now,its very exciting for you but naturally you will be nervous and apprehensive has well.It must be like you say quite wierd selling all your items,a big move.
Im sure you will be successful with the business,if you set up in Fuengirola we will have to bob in and see you when we are down that neck of the woods.I really hope that all goes to plan for you,and have a safe journey,I suppose you will be offline for a while,but keep us posted when you can.
GOOD LUCK
it is funny when you see something sold?????
I do feel a kind of sadness as I know I am closing a chapter of my life down. I obviously know it is just another step to a new life in Spain (Which is what I want) but if you say "New Life" then you have to have an old life.
Can you be happy and sad at the same time??
A load more stuff went today and we are sitting in a half empty house (I feel like a squatter)
2 days and we will be in Benalmadena looking for a place to stay and looking at premises for our business.
We only stay for the long weekend though.
After being over to Spain I will post and let everyone know how we got one (if you want me to that is)
I have a lot on tomorrow so maybe not get a chance to look at the site. See ya later
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

it is funny when you see something sold?????
I do feel a kind of sadness as I know I am closing a chapter of my life down. I obviously know it is just another step to a new life in Spain (Which is what I want) but if you say "New Life" then you have to have an old life.
Can you be happy and sad at the same time??
A load more stuff went today and we are sitting in a half empty house (I feel like a squatter)
2 days and we will be in Benalmadena looking for a place to stay and looking at premises for our business.
We only stay for the long weekend though.
After being over to Spain I will post and let everyone know how we got one (if you want me to that is)
I have a lot on tomorrow so maybe not get a chance to look at the site. See ya later
Hi, Are you flying or driving? We are going for a visit in 2 days as well - can't wait. All seems to be working out really well for you. We've got the clearing out/selling off stuff to look forward to.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

prettypolly90 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am finding it very interesting at the momement to find that there are so many making the move.When I joined the forum there just appeared to be a handful.It will make interesting reading to follow everyone,s progress,it appears that all walks in life are on the move,so far we can congratulate at least 14 ,how many more is there ? please keep us posted

I have finally agreed to go back to spain and take a proper look at the area (Yecla), Nursery's Schools etc. We have seen a house we really like.......

We have put the house on the market. I got all excited cos someone made an offer last Friday and then withdrew it over the weekend Could do without the stress to be honest but hey looking on the bright side they are shelving these new inforamtion packs you have to fork out for

I have to give 3 months notice in my job. I'm a great believer in fate, if it all comes together smoothly then it is meant to be If not then, who knows

So why am I stressing
Old May 24th 2007, 9:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prettypolly90
I have finally agreed to go back to spain and take a proper look at the area (Yecla), Nursery's Schools etc. We have seen a house we really like.......

We have put the house on the market. I got all excited cos someone made an offer last Friday and then withdrew it over the weekend Could do without the stress to be honest but hey looking on the bright side they are shelving these new inforamtion packs you have to fork out for

I have to give 3 months notice in my job. I'm a great believer in fate, if it all comes together smoothly then it is meant to be If not then, who knows

So why am I stressing
Normal, natural life changes bring their own stresses and strains but what you are contemplating is making a life change that you yourself and your family are 'forcing', 'endorsing' or what ever word you would prefer. In other words it is a huge decision so with this comes stress even when it is something that you really want. We tend to deal with normal life changes as we go along because we have to to survive but something as huge as moving to a different country, different lifestyle etc throws us into a real turmoil because we are the ones making that decision. The onus is therefore on us and this is why we panic and get the gitters. Good job too because it makes us think everything through very carefully and then there are hopefully less wrong decisions made.

You will suffer stress but having a good plan and a long list of things to do will lessen the stress and either validate your decision or make you change it.

Good Luck in dealing with all of the 'ticky boxes'.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.