Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by geisterbahn
well ,lets say in touch with reality ! or would you risk loosing your cash ,future, etc through landgrab! this is not a maybe , its real and I personally a friends who have been grabbed ,are being grabbed , and have sold up in case they maybe grabbed, whatshall I say ! yeah ,just do it and hope for the best ,or maybe your a realestate agent on the CB. AND THIS PUTS PEOPLE OFF BUYING.
Oh dear another one!!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Do i take it you are talking about the Costa Blanca?? ts not the same on the Costa Del Sol is it?? We came over in Dec, vile weather to look at a plot on Monte Mayor and are coming back again next week briefly to confirm that that is where we want to buy. Anyone on here knw anyting about San Pedro International School, any pulling power??? Only joking, Happy New Year to you all, hope I will be there for next year.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Hopefully before 3 years we will just have to see how things go.My daughter lives in Ossett.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Always understood the Land Grab laws where a Valencian issue,and are currently being overhauled,is this not the case?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Originally Posted by lcortez
Always understood the Land Grab laws where a Valencian issue,and are currently being overhauled,is this not the case?
I would like to know as well,, pleese
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Googled it,the law has been looked at,and EXTENDED!!!!!!,Apparently other councils on the Costas think its a great idea,and are looking at adopting it as well
The site states the best way to be sure you dont fall victim to it,is to check that the land you are either buying on,or building on is classified as 'Urban Land'
As a Spaniard I have to say I find this law totally outragous,both morally and legally,and hope it's repealled soon as it brings shame on Spain:curse::curse:
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that/ Oh god, I thought it was only in other areas. Will check it out next week. Is there any way I can find out if the land we are thinking of buying on a golf course is covered.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It had been declared illegal by the European court, and the replacement has been deemed no better. One good idea, is to buy in a village or town, and buy a property with little land. If you ain't got the land, then they can't grab it!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It had been declared illegal by the European court, and the replacement has been deemed no better. One good idea, is to buy in a village or town, and buy a property with little land. If you ain't got the land, then they can't grab it!
Does the land mentioned include a garden?,saw a show on itv1,where a couple had half their garden taken in order to build a road for access to a new urbanization
Another in same show had a small cottage (or something) knocked down and again half gdn taken
All seems highly illegal to me,isnt taking someones property theft?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Does the land mentioned include a garden?,saw a show on itv1,where a couple had half their garden taken in order to build a road for access to a new urbanization
Another in same show had a small cottage (or something) knocked down and again half gdn taken
Not if its the state doing it. In the UK its called "Compulsory purchase". My mothers house in Liverpool is now part of a Tesco carpark.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Although they maybe slightly biased, they include info HERE.

LOads more if you google it.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple
It looks as if I'll be moving end of June, early July, too.

Bit of a bump with this one.

I wonder if I.N. ever arrived and if he did, how he's getting on.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:59 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Landgrab has certainly come to the UK. South Cambs council take half your land if you want to build on it.