Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old May 15th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

You can count me in. Just returned from looking around Valencia. ( days there of which 3 were doing the property thing, and the rest just imbibing the atmosphere. I've already put my Budapest flats on the market, and so far have had a very positive response. But, with summer almost here, I'm in no big hurry...we'll let those Spanish prices stew a little longer.
Old May 15th 2007, 7:23 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linken1647
We put our house on the market on Sunday so will be moving to Spain once we have sold. We are hoping to go to Adra or somewhere there abouts.
Hello Linken 1647,the very best of luck with the sale of your house,I have not heard of Adra,I will take a look at the map,I take it your user name is from the american car the Linken.
Do keep us informed of your progress,are you retiring to Spain,we are planning on setting a business up,not quite sure yet,one or two ideas but nothing definite as yet.I will be happy to move and feel the water so to speak before we decide anything.Good Luck...........
Old May 15th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice
Red face Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Hi Jandy44 - we are American car enthusiasts but don't have Lincolns. We have two proper USA Chevrolets (not ex-Daewoo!)
We won't be retiring. I am hoping that I will be able to work for my UK employer from home in Spain. They are warming to the idea and it is something that I could do. I work in Event Management organising flights for group travel. My husband is older than me and has always said that I am his pension! Hubby is a fabricator/welder so I am sure that he will find something. Or maybe he buys his own welding equipment and works for himself. Adra is on the coast about an hours drive from Almeria airport and two hours drive from Malaga airport. Good luck with your plans too.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:42 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jandy44 - we are American car enthusiasts but don't have Lincolns. We have two proper USA Chevrolets (not ex-Daewoo!)
Hi Linken1647,that sounds wonderfull,its half the battle if you have employment,I dont think your hubby should have trouble with finding work in Spain as a welder.I hope everything goes to plan for you,will you be taking the cars down? we will be taking my hubby,s Capri.No chance of leaving that behind I wish you all the very best and hope it all works out for you,and do keep us posted.Take care ...............
Old May 15th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jean,
Just wanted to say what an excellent thread this is
I've tried to give you karma, but I've got to "spread some around" first!

You've come up with a great idea, and it will certainly help us all try to keep track of everyone and their plans.
Good on you

Love Sam xx
Old May 15th 2007, 8:51 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
You can count me in. Just returned from looking around Valencia. ( days there of which 3 were doing the property thing, and the rest just imbibing the atmosphere. I've already put my Budapest flats on the market, and so far have had a very positive response. But, with summer almost here, I'm in no big hurry...we'll let those Spanish prices stew a little longer.
Good on you littlelambfound,what a really nice username,I hope you are successful in selling your flats in Budapest,sounds like you have been quite busy,did you live in Budapest,or was that an investment.Im no expert by a long stretch of the imagination,but I think it may be wise to wait for the summer season to end before investing,we will rent initially,we want to take our time and find the right property,afterall we are hoping to stay there a long time.I hope everthing works out for you,good luck.............
Old May 15th 2007, 9:07 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by brisca
Hey Jean,
Just wanted to say what an excellent thread this is
I've tried to give you karma, but I've got to "spread some around" first!

Love Sam xx
Thank you Sam,its quite amazing how many are moving in the very near future,there must be lots of others who dont subscribe to BE.I hope that everyone keeps in touch.I suppose it makes you think that the world is becoming a smaller place.I will PM you soon,Andy has been on a working holiday,not much fun to be had,he is still in the bathroom now and will be for a few hours yet,I will be so relieved when this house is finished,he will be back at work on Sat.hes hoping to finish both the kitchen and bathroom.
It is all bringing us a step closer..........
Old May 15th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice

We spent most of the winter finishing those little jobs that you never get round to, ready to put it on the market. It looks great now. Almost seems a shame to sell! We will be renting to start with when we eventually get to Spain. We want to get a good feel for the area before we decide to settle there.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:58 pm
Young at heart

We spent most of the winter finishing those little jobs that you never get round to, ready to put it on the market. It looks great now. Almost seems a shame to sell! We will be renting to start with when we eventually get to Spain. We want to get a good feel for the area before we decide to settle there.
Hi again,we decided two and a half years ago now to refit the bathroom and kitchen,he is just laying the floor tiles,mind you there has been various other ups and downs along the way that has held the job up,but these things cant be helped.He has done all the work himself,the only time he got anyone in was to change the gas point.His Dad was around to help,and what a great help he was,but sadly we lost him two years ago tommorrow.

I know what you mean,this house will be perfect when its finished,just as we wanted it,Its a shame we cant pick it up and move it,my O/H is such a perfectionist it takes a lot longer,I just have to have patience,I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel,just.

I can agree,I think it is best to rent,we are the same ,its wise to make sure you settle where you are going to feel at home,I dont want to go on the coast,I love the country side and the mountains,I v always dreamt of having a house on the side of a mountain with views of the sea in the distant.Mmmmmm nice to dream,but I hope soon it will be reality.......
Old May 15th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi again,we decided two and a half years ago now to refit the bathroom and kitchen,he is just laying the floor tiles,mind you there has been various other ups and downs along the way that has held the job up,but these things cant be helped.He has done all the work himself,the only time he got anyone in was to change the gas point.His Dad was around to help,and what a great help he was,but sadly we lost him two years ago tommorrow.

I know what you mean,this house will be perfect when its finished,just as we wanted it,Its a shame we cant pick it up and move it,my O/H is such a perfectionist it takes a lot longer,I just have to have patience,I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel,just.

I can agree,I think it is best to rent,we are the same ,its wise to make sure you settle where you are going to feel at home,I dont want to go on the coast,I love the country side and the mountains,I v always dreamt of having a house on the side of a mountain with views of the sea in the distant.Mmmmmm nice to dream,but I hope soon it will be reality.......
As you rightly say dreaming is nice.............. But when they turn into reality, Thats real goosepimply................. Keep dreaming, I know I will
Old May 15th 2007, 10:06 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

My goodness is the whole of the uk moving to spain this year!
Good luck everyone, one day it will be me.
luv Eve
xx
Old May 15th 2007, 10:17 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Eve

My goodness is the whole of the uk moving to spain this year!
Good luck everyone, one day it will be me.
luv Eve
xx
Hi Eve,hey you already have a solid foot in Spain,you will be returning shortly to your little bit of paradise,we are going to have to keep that part of Spain a secret you are lucky to have at the momement the best of both,and you can look forward to retiring already set up,wonderfull xxx
Old May 15th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Wow, so many of you!!! I'm very jealous. I shall be holiday-homing it, then in around 10 years (at a guess) spending the winters out there, thereafter, who knows...

I'll just have to bring the teabags out for lot then, won't I!
Old May 16th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

Add us to your list, end of June. Cant wait, first job is to fill the fridge with beers, second is to hoover the pool and third is to sit next to the pool and drink the beer.

Best of luck to all of those making the right move.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Firstly i would also like to say what a good thread this is,it must of taken you some time to look up all the people that are moving out to Spain and put their details on here!But it has made it all worth while by the responses you have got.........but it does look like you are going to have to make that list a little longer as more and more are coming on here to say they are going too!
Anyway glad you did it and keep your ideas flowing Jandy because obviously by the replies everyone is enjoying this thread............Well done!
HimnHer (and son)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.