Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old May 15th 2007, 4:12 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Oh dear...I have a bucket I can lend you..or a block and tackle !!... I do not have ANY long term plans at the moment...Its just great to know what a beautiful area we have to retreat to, tell your hubs to leave those cars alone and get the house finished...I think you will be in Andalucia before me...[/QUOTE]

Dont worry the bucket is on hand really dont need the block and tackle.Hubby has just bought some new headlights for his Capri ( his passion)he would love to go and fit them but just has not got the time.We will be driving the Capri down when we move,it will be really nice driving through the mountains,cant wait,we will have to have a bet who moves first....I bet it will be you.......
Old May 15th 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

.Hubby has just bought some new headlights for his Capri ( his passion)he would love to go and fit them but just has not got the time.We will be driving the Capri down when we move,it will be really nice driving through the mountains,cant wait,we will have to have a bet who moves first....I bet it will be you.......[/QUOTE]

You will loose your bet...I bet.. A Capri..now that brings back memories..I used to have a 3000 GT..that was a challenging drive..lovely cars, mini mustangs, all bonnet, don't see many about nowadays, tell him to fit the headlights in the loo so you can see where you are going when it is being refitted.......
Old May 15th 2007, 4:39 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Add us to your list, Me, the old boy, 7 year old son and 2 dogs are off in October!!
Old May 15th 2007, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

valandgef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jandy44
I am finding it very interesting at the momement to find that there are so many making the move.When I joined the forum there just appeared to be a handful.It will make interesting reading to follow everyone,s progress,it appears that all walks in life are on the move,so far we can congratulate at least 14 ,how many more is there ? please keep us posted

Congratulations to :

BigPete......house buying trip next week.......good luck

HimnHer...............1st week in July.............good luck

Pwblackbelt.......Last week in June...............good luck

Skippernicky....buying trip mid July...............good luck

Busters Mum....moving to Palma de Gandia.....good luck

Cornish Maid....off to Costa Blanca................good luck

Jorgi...........undecided between Spain and France.....good luck

Twyntub.......Sept.hoping to commute.................good luck

Bigbudda69........on with building his villa...........good luck

Chrisw..........waiting to sell house...................good luck

Sjrw.........moving to Sierra de Yeguas..............good luck

NzGrl........from NZ hoping to make the move......good luck

Tezra and Dylan......to join Andrew..................good luck

A big to everyone

And then of course there is ourselves,it will be interesting for everyone to post here,I have more than likely missed some one.We have all enjoyed listening to the ups and downs of everyone,s experience and look forward to all your posts,and to hear your progress...........CHEERS
Hi jandy44,
We are moving out to southern costa blanca in June hopefully if all goes to plan with house sale in UK, so you can add us to your list!!
Val
Old May 15th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

And me
Moving in August - job starts 1st September. Going out next weekend to sort out whatever we can for now.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:26 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hey i am the queen of bad luck
Hey dont say that! I am sure that next time you move it will all go smoothly. We are all rooting for you from the forum, so chin up get though the next couple of years and you will be on you way again
Old May 15th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough

Ooooh add me to the list! Me, boyfriend and 3 chihuahuas!! We are moving in the next 2 weeks - exact date still to be arranged!
Old May 15th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

..Last one out turn the lights off...then I can roam about unhindered....
Old May 15th 2007, 5:48 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
.:

You will loose your bet...I bet.. A Capri..now that brings back memories..I used to have a 3000 GT..that was a challenging drive..lovely cars, mini mustangs, all bonnet, don't see many about nowadays, tell him to fit the headlights in the loo so you can see where you are going when it is being refitted....... [/QUOTE]

His passion is his cars,the one he has at the momement is the 3000 Ghia,hes owned in the past the 3000 GTXLR THE 3000 E, 3000 S and his brother had the 3000 GXL,the RS 3000 and the 2.8 injection special,the one in the garage has only about 26,000 miles on it,his baby,he only wishes he had more time for it,I have not had the pleasure of driving it yet,once we get to Spain I will have a drive around in it,I love the roads around the Sierra Nevada,it is stunning,have you been around there?Its a fantastic neck of the woods
Originally Posted by silverchick
Add us to your list, Me, the old boy, 7 year old son and 2 dogs are off in October!!
Hi Silverchick,wow I cant believe how many are going,you will have to keep us posted,I shall look forward to hearing your adventure,Is your son looking forward to the move,I think its a nice age,he will soon be speaking the lingo,have you got your accommodation etc.The very best of luck...

Originally Posted by valandgef
Hi jandy44,
We are moving out to southern costa blanca in June hopefully if all goes to plan with house sale in UK, so you can add us to your list!!

Hello vanlandgef,good for you,I will be glad when our house is on the market,I hope you have a good move,do keep us posted with your progress,I think its interesting to hear about how everyone settles.Congratulations on the sale of your house,and I hope you find what you are looking for in Spain Are you looking to buy a property ,or shall you rent at first,we shall rent and make sure we like the area before we buy.Not long to go for you,Ill keep my fingers crossed,Good Luck.........
Val
Old May 15th 2007, 6:11 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by kevinbeddow
Me
As we have just put the house up for sale in uk,think it may be in Sept/Oct after all solicitors have finished?
kevin
Hey good luck with the sale of your house,I hope you get a quick sale,keep my fingers crossed for you,we are hoping to put ours on soon,but like you say the solicitors can take their time,best of luck kevinbeddow,and keep us posted..........
Old May 15th 2007, 6:18 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by midget gem
Ooooh add me to the list! Me, boyfriend and 3 chihuahuas!! We are moving in the next 2 weeks - exact date still to be arranged!
Congratulationsyou are very close to the move,I hope everthing goes to plan for you,are you driving down with your three chihuahuas?? you must post and let us know how it goes,I wish you the very best with the move and hope you are happy.........you must be very excited,its so close.........take good care
Old May 15th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

It looks as if I'll be moving end of June, early July, too.

I never realised just how much junk and bits I had collected, but I'm slowly getting it all cleaned up, photographed, itemised ready for eBay. What doesn't sell on there will go to car-boot, and failing that, FreeCycle.

I've decided to sell everything rather than hold some back and transport it over - I'm aiming to travel *very* light

I've got a week's trip to San Jose end of this month (Where 2.0 conference) and a couple of side-trips for work, plus I've got to get over to Málaga at some point to meet with a company involved in Wireless network infrastructure who are interested in me - so I could have a local job in a Spanish-speaking company, which is what I'd prefer to begin with.

I'm planning on doing similar to Andrew, then once settled I can work on my long-term plans.

Last edited by IntuitiveNipple; May 15th 2007 at 6:28 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

WOW

there wont be any Brits left over there
Old May 15th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice
Red face Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

We put our house on the market on Sunday so will be moving to Spain once we have sold. We are hoping to go to Adra or somewhere there abouts.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
dont want to put a downer on it but Im wondering how many will return - my guess (based on how many friends/aquaintances (cant spell it) I said goodbye to in the last 4 years) is at least 50%

but I wish you all the very best of luck with your move over here and your new lives in spain
true.........so many

I'm just glad dh has agreed to a few more years here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.