Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:48 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Originally Posted by maureen Gritt
Thanks Tabbycats4,will give that a try in the morning,just sitting on my terrace with a bottle of wine watching the sun go down over the mountains,so feeling very relaxed at the moment.
I live in London now. I always thought that if I were to retire in Spain it would be in a Spanish city, as I feel more comfortable in an urban environment. However reading your post, and after the events of the last few days, I'm beginning to see the appeal of a settlement like yours. Of course another alternative would be a rural Welsh setting, but I'd be worried about hostile locals there too!

I wonder if enquiries about retiring to Spain (and other Med countries) may rise after the UK riots of recent days?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Originally Posted by sparkiestchica
There are approx 3500 units altogether split into 4 different sections, A B C & D. (We are re-naming these soon)

A was built about 12 years ago, and is on the other side of the main road from the rest of Camposol. Then came B, followed by C & D.

B has approx 500 villas, and can be seen form C, but D which is the largest sector, is over the other side of the mountain. So although it appears like a lot of units, they are all sperate, and not overlooking each other.

Also, there are no duplexes or flats etc, just villas. The majority of them detached in up to 800 sq meters, and the rest are mainly semi detached or terraced, very much as you get on any estate in the Uk, and in many parts of Spain
You seem to be further advanced than us! Costa Esuri was to have 2 Golf Courses, 2 x 4* hotels and one 5*. There would be 6000 units of accomodation and 900 villa plots. The developer Fadesa went into protective administration after he had finished the infrastructure and all his own houses but other developers did not quite make it so a large Tasa development at the back top of the site (not really visible) is semi derelict but another right at the entrance is completed but not much occupied. The only hotel started is only a skeleton and we have one shop and a Restaraunt/Club.

It is a fantastic place close to Ayamonte which has all the facilities and more. The other side of town Isla Canela has great beaches.

So we may not have all we were promised but it is coming slowly and there is talk of a Marina but the hotel would make it.

So don't be put down we all have our problems some more than others as the programme showed but we getting there and the sun does shine most of the time wherever you are in southern Spain.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:53 am
Just Joined

morsehorse will become famous soon enoughmorsehorse will become famous soon enough

Here is my permanent home on Camposol not a rabbit hutch but plenty large enough for the two of us!!
Jacqueline
Attached Thumbnails Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-our-lovely-home-may-2011-002.jpg   Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-courtyard-dec-2010-002.jpg   Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-latest-neptuno-010.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:20 am
Just Joined

morsehorse will become famous soon enoughmorsehorse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by morsehorse
Here is my permanent home on Camposol not a rabbit hutch but plenty large enough for the two of us!!
Jacqueline
Oops I forgot our 2 choccie labs!!
Attached Thumbnails Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-1st-feb-2010-006.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Rosemary,

It is a bit difficult to give an exact breakdown, but I think that approx 70% of the villas are permanent homes, and the rest are either holiday homes, or bought as rental properties.

The road where I live has 20 villas, and of these only 1 is a holiday home, but my other property on Camposol is for rental only, and I would say that approx probably 50% in that road are holiday homes.

Camposol is not a village, it is definitely an urbanisation, but all of the villas are one story, apart from some of the larger villas which have a separate 3rd or 4th bedroom on the second storey. The majority are painted white, which is where the expression 'white village' comes from.

Hope this helps, but if you have anymore queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Sandy
Hello again

Sorry, our postings must have crossed!!

When I first moved to Camposol 7 years ago, I would say that the majority of owners were in the 55+ age group.

However, a lot of Spanish are now moving in, and they tend to be working with younger families. Also, many Brits are moving over with children of school age ( There is a school bus)Next to me I have a Dutch man who is 60 ish, but frequently has his children and grand children visiting.

Even in the winter, Camposol is still quite lively, as we have several bars and restaurants, (Including an Indian, Chinese and Bulgarian) Also, we have many organised charities on Camposol varying from animals, cancer, age concern, homeless etc. and many of these hold fund raising evenings either at the 4* hotel of at the Golf Club House,so there is always something going on if you wish to join in.

As I said before, keep asking, and I'll keep replying

Sandy
Thanks for these answers. It is fascinating to hear of a place being built in this way and having a good range of ages who mix together to make the community work well.

Thanks again to those who have put photo´s on.

Where I live is an ordinary Spanish working town with 3000 inhabitants so we have a great mix of ages within the town which keeps it full of life. That was what I wanted and searched until I found it, the people are warm and friendly and very inclusive so we are very happy here. Just had another thought, our fiestas have been laid down by the Spanish for donkeys years, so with so many non-Spanish people living there how has your urbanisation worked out which days to celebrate and what happens?

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:45 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morsehorse
Jacqueline
Love the design of the houses. Hate square box style and sameness so these are really great. Hang on a minute I just realised that these houses are not white. So are there many houses that are not white and are there any rules about the colours used?

See me and my silly questions again.

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

This is our home, Its a good size villa, semi-detached with garden, rear courtyard and huge roof terrace...We have the most gorgeous views across to the mountains.

Your home is fabulous Jacqueline x

Ours is painted Crema, I think other than white and crema, you have to obtain permission to change it...someone correct me if I'm wrong please!!

Glad you are happy in your village Rosemary... sounds lovely. It's a good job we all like different places or the world would be a boring place to live Carole x

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-spain-2010-043.jpg

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-spain-2010-062.jpg
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:16 am
Just Joined

sithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Love the design of the houses. Hate square box style and sameness so these are really great. Hang on a minute I just realised that these houses are not white. So are there many houses that are not white and are there any rules about the colours used?

See me and my silly questions again.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary

I have to admit my house IS square....but it's also white! There are rules about colour with a limited number of choices, but it is also possible to get permission from the Town Hall to change it to something not on the list. This option is not available to owners on a couple of nearby urbanisations, and in addition many of the houses here have been modified in other ways, with extensions, conservatories etc. Some have done this legally, while some others I'm afraid to say have not.

There must be at least a dozen different house designs on Camposol- mine happens to be the second smallest, but is still plenty big enough for the two of us. They were originally constructed in a very basic way, but very reasonably priced, offering the option to make improvements as dictated by personal requirements and of course budget limitations.

Our villa has 46m2 of living space with a 30m2 roof terrace, accessed via a spiral staircase. Outside we have a small tiled garden area, around 50m2, and own a share of a fairly large communal pool directly opposite. Should we feel the need to expand, our villa has the added advantage of a 50m2 full height underbuild that is ripe for development.

As we say in Yorkshire- 'It'll do for me'

cheers
John
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by sithering
As we say in Yorkshire- 'It'll do for me'

cheers
John
Oh no not another yorkshireman.........my OH is from Sheffield.

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:21 am
Just Joined

sithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nice

Oh no not another yorkshireman.........my OH is from Sheffield.

Rosemary
Nobody's perfect....;0)
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by sithering
Nobody's perfect....;0)
Oh yes I am.

Graham
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Oh yes I am.

Graham
OK I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

It'll do for me too John, and I'm a Lancashire lass and proud of it
Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:49 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The pictures are very nice, perhaps we have been a little unfair. Just a suggestion, not a criticism...the urbanisation would look better with a few tall trees here and there
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Yes you are correct, Jackie, it does need trees, quite a few have been planted but have died off...however it will all happen I
I'm sure of that xxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.