Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

It never fails to amaze me how individual people on this forum appear to attack each other whether this is about their beliefs or their life choices.

Programmers always highlight the negative things in life as they believe that this gains them viewers. As I said before I did not see the programme and to be honest it is not the type of programme that I watch anyway. Obviously if there are huge problems with a place it is good to show this in order to stop the developers from continuing with bad building and to stop people buying shoddy buildings. On the other hand they should show a balanced view and also give the opportunity for the positive aspects to have an airing too.

I would absulutely hate it if someone verbally attacked my choice of town but I also acknowledge that many would not like to live where I do, it is my choice and for me it is a good choice.

Many people would not wish to live in a traditional old white village or a traditionally built new white village but that does not give them the right to castigate those who have made the choice of buying in these villages. Others live in the campo which suits them but would not suit others, again these are choices made by people according to thier own likes and dislikes.

It is always sad when people move to another country and encounter problems due to unscrupulous builders and greedy developers. It is wonderful when people find exactly the type of place that they want to live in and it works out well for them.

The new members from Camposol have felt the need to ensure that people gain a more balanced view of the place and for this we should applaud them. It is very noticeable to me that many of them have lived there for quite some time so obviously their choice has worked out for them, which is pleasing to hear. Can I ask them to remain on the forum and join in with other discussions as I am sure that their experiences in Spain would be of value to others.

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:24 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
It never fails to amaze me how individual people on this forum appear to attack each other whether this is about their beliefs or their life choices.

Programmers always highlight the negative things in life as they believe that this gains them viewers. As I said before I did not see the programme and to be honest it is not the type of programme that I watch anyway. Obviously if there are huge problems with a place it is good to show this in order to stop the developers from continuing with bad building and to stop people buying shoddy buildings. On the other hand they should show a balanced view and also give the opportunity for the positive aspects to have an airing too.

I would absulutely hate it if someone verbally attacked my choice of town but I also acknowledge that many would not like to live where I do, it is my choice and for me it is a good choice.

Many people would not wish to live in a traditional old white village or a traditionally built new white village but that does not give them the right to castigate those who have made the choice of buying in these villages. Others live in the campo which suits them but would not suit others, again these are choices made by people according to thier own likes and dislikes.

It is always sad when people move to another country and encounter problems due to unscrupulous builders and greedy developers. It is wonderful when people find exactly the type of place that they want to live in and it works out well for them.

The new members from Camposol have felt the need to ensure that people gain a more balanced view of the place and for this we should applaud them. It is very noticeable to me that many of them have lived there for quite some time so obviously their choice has worked out for them, which is pleasing to hear. Can I ask them to remain on the forum and join in with other discussions as I am sure that their experiences in Spain would be of value to others.

Rosemary
Well said!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:12 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well said!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sithering
Surely no-one actually believes that ITV makes these kind of programmes in the interests of prospective purchasers? That's like saying the X Factor is a genuine talent show....not just a money-making exercise. This isn't public service broadcasting, it's a company trying to make money!

I and other posters are not so much concerned about defending where we live as telling the truth- something ITV did not do.

The structual problems the programme referred to are real, but to put it into perspective this has happened to about 0,5% of the total build. I agree it is still 0,5% too much, but the programme appeared to suggest it affected the whole development, which is ever so slightly inaccurate;0) There are a handful of owners with serious problems, and my heart goes out to them, but there are also a number of other developments in this region (built by different developers) that have serious issues for one reason or another.

I naturally understand that many people would not want to live in close proximity to their neighbours, in which case an urbanisation is totally unsuited to them. We chose our home carefully as my wife is disabled and has very poor mobility, so for us it was essential to go for a one-size-fits-all solution. We have friends here who live in small Spanish villages, some miles out in the Campo, and one or two on the local campsites. None of these would have been possible for us.

@megmet It is obvious from your stated location that you are one of those people who likes wide open spaces, so why do you feel the need to justify your opinion by deliberately referring to an aerial photograph which is at least four years old? It does you no credit at all.
personally you couldn't pay me to live on that kind of urb - and just the fact even 0.5% of the properties are so badly affected would put me off buying there, even if it was the kind of urb I wanted to live on

tbh we are thinking twice about a property we had been seriously considering buying, because we have seen that nearby properties built by the same developer have much more minor problems than are being experienced where you live...........

but thank you for a balanced post - it does put things in perspective
Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sithering
So let me get this straight- the current TV News portrayal of the UK as having descended into violence and chaos is wrong, but you are willing to accept the 'Homes From Hell' programme as gospel?

Would someone care to explain why some of you think it is reasonable to pass what you appear to regard as authoritative judgement on a place you've never actually seen? All I and a few others are attempting to do is to put our side of the story, as we consider that ITV have got it wrong. The clue is in the thread title.

@johnnyone : please re-read the posts, the line about London being a war zone was posted by someone else, not me.
I stand corrected.
I never saw the TV programme and have made no comment on it one way or the other. I only posted in reply to an earlier post agreeing that I preferred towns to urbanisations as a place to have a house. Personal taste.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

A pleasure to read a well thought out reply without rhetoric etc. Becoming more and more unusual on this forum.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by agoreira
Quite true, but all services seemed to be connected there, they lived there quite happily for 2 years, how come they were allowed to erect and connect up all the dwellings there if it was all illegal. Even though they admitted it wasn't "completely legal yet" I'm always a bit confused as to how people can simply erect chalets, build houses on land that hasn't planning permission. At best, someone in authority must have been turning a blind eye, you couldn't miss them, they were there for years.
'Builders' supply' maybe?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

gerard123 will become famous soon enough

Hola

If anyone is wanting further info about what is happening in Camposol and the surrounding area (inc n w Murcia) - we have an excellent free magazine which is published locally their web site is www.costacalidachronicle.com

I live on Camposol and agree 100% with the pro Camposol people but each to their own.It would be pretty boring world if everyones outlook was the same.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

PEOPLE...Don't knock it until you tried it.

Camposol is a lovely place, yes its got a few problems but they have been wildly exaggerated by the television networks. Every place has its problems....Spain/UK. There are some empty homes but I am pretty sure they will be snapped up in the next few years re: Paramount
There are fabulous villas, beautiful gardens, the most wonderful mountain views, plenty of green areas. The place has come on tremendously in the last few years....plus there is some wonderful community spirit.

It DOES NOT slope towards the sea....don't know where that comment came from?!?!?!?!

Golf club and 18 hole golf course...Sensol hotel, restaurants, shops swimming pools....whats not to like?

Paramount IS coming to the area within the next few years...and we shall all be laughing all the way to the bank....not that I would sell, have no intention of....never purchased there for investment....

I suggest those who knock the place...put your money where your mouth is and go and have a look now....

Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

PS.

Very well said Rosemary

Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbycats4
PEOPLE...Don't knock it until you tried it.

Camposol is a lovely place, yes its got a few problems but they have been wildly exaggerated by the television networks. Every place has its problems....Spain/UK. There are some empty homes but I am pretty sure they will be snapped up in the next few years re: Paramount
There are fabulous villas, beautiful gardens, the most wonderful mountain views, plenty of green areas. The place has come on tremendously in the last few years....plus there is some wonderful community spirit.

It DOES NOT slope towards the sea....don't know where that comment came from?!?!?!?!

Golf club and 18 hole golf course...Sensol hotel, restaurants, shops swimming pools....whats not to like?

Paramount IS coming to the area within the next few years...and we shall all be laughing all the way to the bank....not that I would sell, have no intention of....never purchased there for investment....

I suggest those who knock the place...put your money where your mouth is and go and have a look now....

Carole x
What not to like? From what I read and hear that it is a Brit enclave. Now that is fine if that is what you want but you did ask.

How about some photos showing how lovely it is.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

There are a lot of Brits living there, are Spanish Italian Dutch, Belgian, Chinese, Indian, French.. apologies for the nationalities I failed to mention..need I go on.
I will try to post some photos if I can....

Anyway....Have you been there lately? You are quick to jump on the 'Negative' band wagon....
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Don't know if these pic will show up! Hope so....

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-166812-other.jpg

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-560199-golf-course.jpg

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-710865-golf-course-views.jpg
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbycats4
There are a lot of Brits living there, are Spanish Italian Dutch, Belgian, Chinese, Indian, French.. apologies for the nationalities I failed to mention..need I go on.
I will try to post some photos if I can....

Anyway....Have you been there lately? You are quick to jump on the 'Negative' band wagon....
No, not negative, but as I said you did ask. For me the one reason is too many Brits. Not that I would know but it is what someone who lives there said earlier, "Yes, it has a largely British population, but the community spirit there is second to none." Also the fact that it seems to be purpose built over a large area. Just not my cup of tea but we are all different and it is great to hear that you and others are happy there. Thanks for the photos by the way.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read and re-read all the comments since my posting.

I stand by what we saw and by what I posted.

Maybe the locals would like to reread my posting again, yes we did see the place, yes I believe it is about 5km away from the sea, yes it is colorless, yes we did talk to the locals and I said that maybe we talked to the wrong ones, no we never intended to buy not even a birdscage, and no I have no wish to insult anyone and respect their choices.
But the program was homes from hell and from what I saw for myself it was certainly that.

I am very glad to hear from all the Camopsol posters how much they like it and how they all feel how great the place is. Nevertheless, I am very glad to have escaped what we @ home now call Camp-A$$hole.

OH and myself visited the place about 4 years ago.
Then, the houses where already falling apart. The urbanisation is built on a sloping side towards the sea (not really a mountainside). It is divided into four separate area's. We went to the highest part first and looked down towards the sea which was about 5 km away. My immediate thought then was: NO greenery in sight, no bushes or trees, no colour except sandy brown similar to the desert.

We talked to several people (maybe we did not talk to the right ones) but the general feeling was that they did not want to live with the Spanish.

As I said, maybe we spoke to the wrong people but why come to live in Spain when you have that sort of attitude.

We saw an estate agent who insisted that we should have a look at some property. That was his biggest mistake! The property that we saw was too small to swing a cat, and outside spiral staircase took us to the roof,well it would have done had it not come away from the wall! The estate agent said that the property was one year old!

The overall feeling was that this was a large housing estate, think Milton Keynes although I would not want to insult anyone from Milton Keynes.

We would never even consider living there and we were happy to leave the place.

This of course is only my opinion and as everyone is different the place probably appeals to many others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.