Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Oh that's a relief, not as bad as I thought
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:29 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Oh that's a relief, not as bad as I thought
They have a contingency plan to get out of debt, sack Mickey Mouse and employ Roland Rat, get rid of Snow white and the 7 dwarves and employ Kerry Katona and her kids.

It has been approved by the shareholdersatthe AGM.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

LAROCCAML is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how easy it is to get from the airport or the beach to Camposol without a vehicle?
I am thinking on buying a property there, but my husband want to be able to rent it out whilst we are not there and he is having doubts as to how tourists will find it if they don't have a car.
I still think is would be a great buy to have just for us and hopefully leave as an inheritance to our children but I have to admit, making a bit of money off it is not a bad idea.
Any thoughts on the matter?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have a Happy New Year All

Maria La Rocca
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you read this first.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...s-growing.html
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Johnny as that was a good read, however, it's not putting me off from buying a property there and providing them with another sale. If anything it will help me and them.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:29 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAROCCAML
Thank you Johnny as that was a good read, however, it's not putting me off from buying a property there and providing them with another sale. If anything it will help me and them.
Well it's good to see someone who doesn't wish ill on the expats based in Spain who need to sell. I'd still check the rental market carefully though if you're basing your ownership on letting the place out - the Spanish government is tightening up tax wise on rental income. Hope things work out for you.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I still think is would be a great buy to have just for us and hopefully leave as an inheritance to our children but I have to admit, making a bit of money off it is not a bad idea.
Don't rely on rental to make money from the property, there are thousands of properties on the letting market that stand empty all year.

Also be aware of the tax implications of owning a holiday home in Spain, you will in fact pay tax as if it were rented out... even if it's not, and yes the tax man is catching up on those who are not submitting a tax return here.

The time for property as an investment here in Spain is long gone, on the other hand if you want to just live in it or use it for holidays then it really doesn't matter that the value is more likely to go down than go up.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:42 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

<LMAO> You ought to familiarise yourself with spanish inheritance tax rules.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
The time for property as an investment here in Spain is long gone, on the other hand if you want to just live in it or use it for holidays then it really doesn't matter that the value is more likely to go down than go up.
Agreed.

Even then I do think you have to choose your location carefully as some of the developments built before the bust are turning into ghost towns, with few residents, resulting in a lack of maintenance with the inevitable downward spiral that follows.
To limit the downside you should buy in an established town, village or urbanisation.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you all,

After reading this thread and researching more, I've decided to stick to stick to an established town, even if it means to buy a repossed property and fix it up. As long as it's in an established town, I don't think it will be demolished, even if it means to go further inland. Any thoughts or any areas where I should be concentrating on in particular?
After all I want it for our own personal use and family and if I someone comes along and wants to rent it out for the holidays, then be it, but if not it's the same to me.

As far as taxes go, having lived in the USA myself I was expecting to pay taxes regardless of having a tenant or not.

Thank you all very much for your insights.

Maria La Rocca
Old Dec 29th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all,

After reading this thread and researching more, I've decided to stick to stick to an established town, even if it means to buy a repossed property and fix it up. As long as it's in an established town, I don't think it will be demolished, even if it means to go further inland. Any thoughts or any areas where I should be concentrating on in particular?
After all I want it for our own personal use and family and if I someone comes along and wants to rent it out for the holidays, then be it, but if not it's the same to me.
How long is a piece of string?

For any of us to answer your question you need to give us more information....
What kind of place have you in mind, what are your interests...do you want easy access to the coast or would you rather be in the campo areas where the walking is good and the views are spectacular?

I personally as my location shows live in a small hamlet some kms from Alora, it's about 40 kms inland from Malaga in the Guadalhorce valley.
I love it here, but am aware that it wouldn't be everyone's idea of the perfect place.
We like the open spaces, the lovely views and walks and the fact that we have three beautiful lakes just a few minutes drive from here where we can swim or kayak, have a picnic or go into a venta to eat.

Our neighbours are lovely people but not one of them speaks a word of English, so we have to speak to them as best we can in Spanish...it's not always easy but we have fun trying, and though it's mostly Spanglish we manage to have long conversations with them, and they appreciate the effort we put in.

There are many such places here up and down the coastal area...the 'White Villages' are much the same in many ways, but are all at the same time very different.
Only you can decide which one if any is right for you, put in the research, it's easy on the computer!
Look at the web pages of the towns..most have their own, use Google Earth to see what the places are like and if you see something that you fancy use your holidays to visit.
Research the transport situation....how far is it from the airport, is there a bus or train service, and an important one....is there easy parking for your car.

As I said, only you can decide on an area as we all want different things!

Good luck.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Michalekv is an unknown quantity at this point

We just bought outside Oliva in the Valencia region. Closed on 12/31. My husband wanted land and I actually wanted to live in the town of Oliva so we both compromised and have a little land, sea views and a motor scooter ride to the beach. It is lovely. We initially met with oranges and lemons real estate who were fabulous but then found our home through hello2spain. Vanessa our agent was awesome and our solicitor was extremely knowledgeable. They made everything so easy for us.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michalekv
We just bought outside Oliva in the Valencia region. Closed on 12/31. My husband wanted land and I actually wanted to live in the town of Oliva so we both compromised and have a little land, sea views and a motor scooter ride to the beach. It is lovely. We initially met with oranges and lemons real estate who were fabulous but then found our home through hello2spain. Vanessa our agent was awesome and our solicitor was extremely knowledgeable. They made everything so easy for us.
From seeing your comments on a previous post, it seems we are neighbours