Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Old Oct 20th 2009, 11:19 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is this heating/cooling system for real

Originally Posted by perper
I hardly think R134a is rubbish...bit of a simple statement that one

If your not associated with Calfri that would make some sense, if you are and I guess everyone suspects you are, that shows its a joke.

I don`t know much about Spanish company names, but is Calfri S.A aware your using there name.

See them here, I sent your web details to there office.

http://www.calfri.com/index.asp?e=emp
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Only if dont insulate your home?
Wasn't it you that said in an earlier post "Have lived in many Spanish homes old and new. None had insulation!"
What I choose not to do in my own (rented) property is nothing to you but the landlord!
As for moving seats...not always possible in a busy restaraunt...you probably eat in Macdonalds though so no problem there eh.
I have no problem eating in McDonalds with the kids - and your point is?
If the tin boxes were easy enough to hide they would since its one of the customers biggest objections...your speaking like a true academic...ie;not in the real world.
"one of the customers biggest objections". You're not in the industry are you by any chance, possibly?

So, back in the real world - where do you propose to hide the box that your (I mean Calfri's) system obviously uses?
woopeedoo...you have a couple of letters after your name..I wont write what I think they are...clearly you like shoving them down peoples throats..who else but an egotistical boring big head would write all those ridiculous equations on here for everyone to see and thoroughly yawn about.
With all those wonderful qualifications..I would have thought you should know better than get involved in tittle tattle
I think you'll find the maths I've used quite accurate. I don't "shove" my post nominals down anyone's throats, but please - do tell me what you think they might be I'm dying to know

Remember honey that it was the scientific community that developed the Internet and applications such as newsgroups and forums out of its military roots in the first place. So joining an Internet forum and then calling anyone who questions things with any kind of analytical rigour an "egotistical boring big head" isn't the brightest thing one can do!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carter71
What I choose not to do in my own (rented) property is nothing to you but the landlord!

I have no problem eating in McDonalds with the kids - and your point is?

"one of the customers biggest objections". You're not in the industry are you by any chance, possibly?

So, back in the real world - where do you propose to hide the box that your (I mean Calfri's) system obviously uses?

I think you'll find the maths I've used quite accurate. I don't "shove" my post nominals down anyone's throats, but please - do tell me what you think they might be I'm dying to know

Remember honey that it was the scientific community that developed the Internet and applications such as newsgroups and forums out of its military roots in the first place. So joining an Internet forum and then calling anyone who questions things with any kind of analytical rigour an "egotistical boring big head" isn't the brightest thing one can do!
FYI - This post is about "Is this heating/cooling system for real"

Move over to another area if the post must deviate into a match of sorts.
DSB.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
FYI - This post is about "Is this heating/cooling system for real"

Move over to another area if the post must deviate into a match of sorts.
DSB.
Well, hopefully this will answer your question as to whether or not it's for real.

"Tezza" from this forum has just had his wonderful system installed, and blow me down has the very same problems that Perper has with "bloody air blowing constantly". Don't you think all this makes familiar reading?

http://www.nerjanow.com/NerjaForum/p...php?f=4&t=1220
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following this thread for the 6-7 weeks it has been running and finally something clicked.

I saw the following in a property in Portugal, I understand it is quite common and as both the heating and cooling cycle run off an aircon unit I was told it was very efficient when used in larger properties.

The aircon unit heats / cools the water contained in the tank underneath, this is then pumped to radiators in the property. The radiators I believe are equipped with fans to circulate the air.

Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

danny26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Fredbargate, what is the name of the heating/cool system you found in Portugal(atleast the brand and manufacturing company) looks interesting and would appreciate if you post possible details...
As far as CALFRI, i think its just fairy tale................
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:46 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

You can buy the business here for 9,000 Euros, it turns over 490,000 a year and was established in 1990

I thought it was invented this year.

Wow 9 grand and 500,000 turn over.You even get 20,000 worth of stock.

Don`t buy the system, buy the company.

http://spain.businessesforsale.com/s...-For-Sale.aspx

Last edited by chulo; Oct 20th 2009 at 1:54 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:05 pm
Banned

perper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I have been following this thread for the 6-7 weeks it has been running and finally something clicked.

I saw the following in a property in Portugal, I understand it is quite common and as both the heating and cooling cycle run off an aircon unit I was told it was very efficient when used in larger properties.

The aircon unit heats / cools the water contained in the tank underneath, this is then pumped to radiators in the property. The radiators I believe are equipped with fans to circulate the air.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...P6230069-1.jpg
Fredbargate...interesting.
Do you think the air con unit will be able to get the water to the desired temperature to heat the water?
Also..its still air con isnt it?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:31 pm
Banned

Well, hopefully this will answer your question as to whether or not it's for real.

"Tezza" from this forum has just had his wonderful system installed, and blow me down has the very same problems that Perper has with "bloody air blowing constantly". Don't you think all this makes familiar reading?

Ok Fred ill keep it to response only.

According to Carter me and some bloke called Tezza are the only people on the planet who dont like the air-con air blowing thing....well I guess that means we are related...I must look him up

On top of that she's now taken to calling me honey!...Im getting to like you too!

And would you know it, Im also running this Calfri organisation according to Chulo...he has even sent my web details to some outfit called Calfri SA!
Well I hope you didnt include the pics of me and the missus!...that would really have them reaching for the off button!..
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

According to Carter me and some bloke called Tezza are the only people on the planet who dont like the air-con air blowing thing....well I guess that means we are related...I must look him up
I just find it strange that two people can say such similar things in the same paragraph. I mean, I would struggle to think of anything to say about anyone that installed a central heating system - but the self-same stuff? I mean, what are the odds of that happening

Tezza:
It's the invention of a prolific British inventor who is based in Spain and only came to market this year.

Perper
he is quite a prolific and very successful inventor

Tezza:
The bloody air blowing constantly around you and ON you, noise,

Perper:
Have you ever sat in a restaraunt and had the damn thing blowing down the back of your neck?

Tezza:
the horrible looking mechanical box of tricks you have have bolted on the side of your property..

Perper:
Or seen the ugly dripping tin box shoved on the side of a beautiful building?

Tezza:
and they also make you feel so dried out if you know what I mean.

Perper:
Felt dried out after youv'e been in its presence for too long?

You ARE Calfri, or an 'agent' - I claim my 20 centimos

Last edited by carter71; Oct 20th 2009 at 3:05 pm. Reason: Typograficalistic wotnot (bad speeling!)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look at the thread on that forum.

Tezza claims to have installed a Calfri system installed in Almunecar in June and is extolling the virtues to all and sundry.

I have a personal email from Graham Smith (the inventor and owner of the company), dated September 6th, who specifically says that there are only 2 sites in Spain and that neither of them are prepared to allow people to visit them as a reference.

Strange.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:18 pm
Banned

Well then he can sue me for copywrite carter!
Its close but no cigar!......

Dear oh dear this is getting ridiculous..I can't believe I have let myself respond to this churlish tittle tattle.....Im off to do what I do best...paint!

Last edited by perper; Oct 20th 2009 at 3:34 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny26
Hello Fredbargate, what is the name of the heating/cool system you found in Portugal(atleast the brand and manufacturing company) looks interesting and would appreciate if you post possible details...
As far as CALFRI, i think its just fairy tale................
Sorry I do not remember.

However I think it was a company one would consider to be American like say General Electrics
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Fred James

I am the OP of this thread.

I notice you say you have been in personal contact with Graham Smith. I genuinely want to know about this system (even if only to rule it out) so is he saying that he has no facility to view a working system anywhere?

Also like to say that I wouldn't have believed this topic could have created so much passion and dissent. I really think that any post with personal attacks or remarks should be removed even now retrospectively. That is not to say there should not be strong differences of opinion that is good but no name calling.

What happened to the responder from Calfri Murcia cannot they provide a demonstration to a member who lives close by?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Reference biomass. I've spoken to a friend and apparently there are grants from 500 euros to 20-40 percent, but it depends what you buy, where you live and when you buy it. Each region is different, and they have deadlines and money set aside which once it's gone it's gone until they allocate more.

This is for Valencia region: http://www.aven.es/energia/biomasa.html

Anything which is "really" energy efficient (air-con, or low carbon / renewable) seems to be eligable in some way. The best thing is to speak to your local (Spanish) heating supplier who will be able to confirm what funding is avaiable in your area at that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.