Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this heating/cooling system for real

Originally Posted by campolife
Fred James

I am the OP of this thread.

I notice you say you have been in personal contact with Graham Smith. I genuinely want to know about this system (even if only to rule it out) so is he saying that he has no facility to view a working system anywhere?

Also like to say that I wouldn't have believed this topic could have created so much passion and dissent. I really think that any post with personal attacks or remarks should be removed even now retrospectively. That is not to say there should not be strong differences of opinion that is good but no name calling.

What happened to the responder from Calfri Murcia cannot they provide a demonstration to a member who lives close by?
Hi Campolife

I can understand your interest in this system - we all would be if we could really believe the claims made for it.

I personally cannot easily believe these claims based on a reasonable understanding of the physics involved.

I did contact Graham Smith for more information and his reply did confirm that, at present, there were no sites in Spain that were prepared to offer a viewing of his system. I cannot post a copy of his email as that would contravene the site rules.

I hear what you say about personal attacks and they have been dealt with.

Differences of opinion are perfectly acceptable on this forum but personal attacks, in any form, are not.

I think you must make up your own mind on the merits or otherwise of this system but I have to say that the lack of availability of recommendations from existing users would make me very wary of spending any money on such a system.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Is this heating/cooling system for real

Originally Posted by campolife
Fred James

I am the OP of this thread.

I notice you say you have been in personal contact with Graham Smith. I genuinely want to know about this system (even if only to rule it out) so is he saying that he has no facility to view a working system anywhere?

Also like to say that I wouldn't have believed this topic could have created so much passion and dissent. I really think that any post with personal attacks or remarks should be removed even now retrospectively. That is not to say there should not be strong differences of opinion that is good but no name calling.

What happened to the responder from Calfri Murcia cannot they provide a demonstration to a member who lives close by?
I agree with the remarks inside the post / getting a bit out of hand.
And, on the other hand, I too would love to get facts and photos of this system in an actual house / as I mentioned before...

I'm in some form of agreement that it appears that this thread has been compromised by some sort of spam - as in 'the other thread' the conversation patter is almost like a play script..

Will we ever know if this system IS any good ? I personally want to see pictures of an installed system - as oppose to glossy web site rads sitting against a plush wall etc etc..

Ho hum
DSB.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Question Re: Is this heating/cooling system for real

I have given this thread nothing but good input. I even went and emailed the Spanish Agent when I started to get sick of people commenting about placing a fridge with the door open would do as good. The rep in Spain, Roger, his replies were quick and mostly effective.

I informed and posted him the page link of this thread back when we were on page#1, he did say he appreciated the info and was following it. However he has yet to chime in it appears.. I informed him in the hope of getting some REAL answers back then.

I'm about to have my whole Villa remodelled & extended, and are considering the possibilities of having either central heating or two nice fire places in the main front room/kitchen & master bedroom. Now, at the point of re-modelling it would be perfect to have either system installed, or at least quoted for. Roger quoted my between 4500-5500 Euros / roughly without a visit.
(the quote for the most part was for all rooms with a rad etc)

The price is not the short term issue with me, as I can kind of tell in the long term it'll be worth it. But, and this is my but - I cannot see or feel this system in it's natural habitat. So how can I trust it's statements, however well it's put across ?!?

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the people who have their installs are 'not willing for photos to be taken', so again there goes another option. Bottom line, I want this system to work, but I also want to get legit consumer feedback too. At this point I have none, other than statements on the Site itself etc.

Understand me when I say I would love this system, when I also retort with "I would love to see & feel this system working in action"

DSB.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You'd really have to see it working or get genuine feedback I think. I'm not sure how genuine comments on here were from certain posters, hence three posters who were the same person on this thread have had their posting priviledges removed.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You'd really have to see it working or get genuine feedback I think. I'm not sure how genuine comments on here were from certain posters, hence three posters who were the same person on this thread have had their posting priviledges removed.
Such as shame - Well spotted though
If possible agents or people related in some way with this system/contract/company-lease are willing to dupe people is such a way then it put's the integrity of the system into disarray.

I simply 'aint interested anymore..
DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Oct 21st 2009 at 10:51 am.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Three?

bealerDSB: my friend bought in the brochure from their system and the web address was on the back. They have it installed for almost a year, and apparently it's available through the whole of Spain - you just have to walk into your nearest heating supplier.

www.ecoforest.es

They run on biomass pellets which they produce and are eco-friendly and easy to use - either as a fireplace or a furnace or both. The additional expense of the equipment is covered (or should be) by grants, the supplier handles the application, so you just pay the difference but it can take some weeks / months to sort out and depends on what grants are available in your area.

She has the thing installed in the kitchen for central heating and not as a main fire - there is a constant whir from the fans inside the thing and the flame doesn't look like a 'proper' fire anyway apparently. They still have a woodburning stove in the main part of the house - that's mainly for show, now.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

FWIW Biomass, a renewable energy source, is biological material derived from living, or recently living organisms.

If you use a wood burner then you are using Biomass fuels, albeit inefficiently.

Coal and Oil originally started as Biomass but are not considered to be Biomass as their CO2 has been out of the carbon cycle for a long time.

If you wish to find out more - Google Biomass.

Wikipedia has an article on it.

Jim
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:31 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

For me the whole scam was obvious when you read the sales info for the business.

You don`t need any skills to install says the blurb, according to F gas Regs which cover Spain, you need to have certificates which can only be obtained by persons within the refrigertaion industry.

How can a system developed this year be turning over more than 450,000 Euros and be purchased for 9,000 Euros including 20,000 Euro worth of stock.

No there the Aircon version of time share.

Plus I sent the info to a friend who designs commercial Aircon, the compressor shown in the brochure and the system could not work, there is a vital piece missing.

Plus the output from the rads could never cool a room down.

For the rads to acheive the cold equivalent of a hot rad, you`d find it would be a safety issue for children and would never get approval.

For a domestic fridge to cool the internal compartment, the evaporator has to reach -11 degrees to cool the food to +5 degrees.

For a radiator to chill a room similar to a conventional Aircon unit, they`d have to achieve similar temps or even less to be able to lower a hot room to anything near Aircon temp.

I guess there lookin for expats unable to find work in Spain to part with cash and set up there own business, i fear if you did you`d be in business a yr if your lucky.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by perper
Well then he can sue me for copywrite carter!
Its close but no cigar!......
Originally Posted by Fred James
I had a look at the thread on that forum.

Tezza claims to have installed a Calfri system installed in Almunecar in June and is extolling the virtues to all and sundry.

I have a personal email from Graham Smith (the inventor and owner of the company), dated September 6th, who specifically says that there are only 2 sites in Spain and that neither of them are prepared to allow people to visit them as a reference.

Strange.
And stranger still by fluke or miracle - "Tezza" edited out all of his posts just ten minutes after you wrote this Fred, according to the timestamp on the other forum.

Maybe it was something I said?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as Mitzy said, there is someone who is trying very hard to put his commercially motivated views across on this forum and others.

If people have to stoop this low to promote a product I think we can all draw our own conclusions.

I have no desire to close this thread but I do think it has probably run its course and there is not much more to add.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:58 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Gasoil c/heating works a treat for us, so to offset it & save the planet
We use this video (continues play) and it can indeed make you feel warmer

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Is this heating/cooling system for real-camera-october-09-001.jpg