Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Is this heating/cooling system for real

Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this heating/cooling system for real

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
That works out at 2.4Euros a day, so on a 31day month it would be 74.4Euros ?? Not that cheap then compared to central heating ?
Although the "average" would bring down the annual with the cooling cost being less..

Hmmm
DSB.
that's actually more than my leccy bill over the last two months with the aircon on waaaaaaaaaaay to much (big, south facing, open plan, 3 bed apartment)

we haven't been in this apartment through the winter yet, but I reckon we'll probably use the heating less than we have used the aircon, because of the south facing aspect, we didn't use much in the east facing one we used to live in - we found that the sun in the morning was enough to heat the place for most of the day - just had heating on very first & very last thing

we use electricity for everything except water heating
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The running costs would vary also due to the different tariffs available. In Spain it is possible to pay between 6 cents and 16cents per KW hour used, but on the heating cycle you could expect around 10 cents an hour and the cooling less.
Working back from those figures, it works out that the system uses about 1kw when running - that's about half the amount of a decent electric kettle!

Taking a better comparison, that is the consumption of a smallish aircon unit, which is known to be super efficient as it uses the same heat pump method for heating and cooling that this system uses.

Would anyone seriously try and heat/cool a two bedroomed house with one small A/C unit? Or more to the point would anyone pay over €5000 to have one installed.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
Working back from those figures, it works out that the system uses about 1kw when running - that's about half the amount of a decent electric kettle!

Taking a better comparison, that is the consumption of a smallish aircon unit, which is known to be super efficient as it uses the same heat pump method for heating and cooling that this system uses.

Would anyone seriously try and heat/cool a two bedroomed house with one small A/C unit? Or more to the point would anyone pay over €5000 to have one installed.
My opinion is how does this system in it's own right compare to say central heating with a/c, or a/c alone.

Costs annually.

DSB.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

There is an application for a Patent for the system (2007). But as they say in the Dragons Den come back when its granted.

Ref is GB 0900765.9 Hot and Cold Boiler

Jim

Last edited by Bigger Jim; Aug 31st 2009 at 6:16 am.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
There is an application for a Patent for the system (2007). But as they say in the Dragons Den come back when its granted.
Even having a patent granted is no guide. All that means is what you've described in the patent is "novel" and "original". It says nothing about it's practicality - or whether the commercial claims (for running costs) are valid, or how reliable the system would be, or whether the company will go bust in a year ot two; leaving you with an unsupported heating system, that you can't get servied or spare parts for.
Don't read into a patent more than is actually there.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

My opinion is how does this system in it's own right compare to say central heating with a/c, or a/c alone.

Costs annually.

DSB.
Ok - The person running the Spanish Companies Division has emailed me back.
He has seen the questions raised in this post and will be chiming in with us over the next few days..

:PASTE:
Many thanks for your email.

I have read with interest the comments posted on the site, many of which are a little off track. I will make a response to you over the next day or two in order to give other members a chance to show their interest.

I am pleased that our product has caused such interest and debate.
:END PASTE:

We shall see..
DSB.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future

interesting this, seen threads on this on another forum, started off by someone who has a franchise, they called the thread the death of a/c and really slagged off how bad a/c was. i do not see how this works without alot of condensation causing damp problems when cooling.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1debbie2
interesting this, seen threads on this on another forum, started off by someone who has a franchise, they called the thread the death of a/c and really slagged off how bad a/c was. i do not see how this works without alot of condensation causing damp problems when cooling.
FYI - For the record I didn't start the thread nor am I connected in any way to the company.
However, I am very very interested to see the final outcome - As we already know the grounds of gas / oil / a-c / electric and so on..

DSB.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

I started the thread

I am not connected in any way with any company or organisation.

This system came up in a search for low cost heating systems and then I saw a reference to it in an expat free paper. In truth I wouldn't have thought the claims for this system can be substantiated.

As some on the forum know I am soon to be moving back to Spain but have a problem with getting an electricity supply so, in fact, will probably have to stick with the wood burner on convert to bottled gas.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by campolife
I started the thread

I am not connected in any way with any company or organisation.

This system came up in a search for low cost heating systems and then I saw a reference to it in an expat free paper. In truth I wouldn't have thought the claims for this system can be substantiated.

As some on the forum know I am soon to be moving back to Spain but have a problem with getting an electricity supply so, in fact,will probably have to stick with the wood burner on convert to bottled gas.
Which is very interesting as that is what i have done, I have fitted a back boiler plate to my Wood burner, and connected up to 5 rads with a standard C/H pump that comes on when the water in the back burner is above 50C, and off it cooks ( Have put in expansion vessel and open top up/Exanpsion tank to prevent overspill on overheating which can happen if power fails), Last year my total heating bill for a 5 bed house, was just under 500€,, that was with the burner on 24/7 from late Oc through to March, (there were a couple of times it went out, my fault) and the house was kept at a really good temp, really pleased with it.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Which is very interesting as that is what i have done, I have fitted a back boiler plate to my Wood burner, and connected up to 5 rads with a standard C/H pump that comes on when the water in the back burner is above 50C, and off it cooks ( Have put in expansion vessel and open top up/Exanpsion tank to prevent overspill on overheating which can happen if power fails), Last year my total heating bill for a 5 bed house, was just under 500€,, that was with the burner on 24/7 from late Oc through to March, (there were a couple of times it went out, my fault) and the house was kept at a really good temp, really pleased with it.
Sounds a good idea, we had one in the UK always had a kettle on it ticking over for a cup of tea too.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Sounds a good idea, we had one in the UK always had a kettle on it ticking over for a cup of tea too.
I Got the idea from here

http://www.villager.co.uk/pdf/owners_wood.pdf, read the pages in section three for diagramms etc,
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read their latest ad in our local Freebie paper.

I quote:-

"It cost just €5200 to have 10 hot and cold radiators installed in this villa. The value of the villa increased by €30000 overnight."

Are these guys for real? Anyone who believes this crap is certifiable!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future

also just seen the ad in our free mag, think they should do so many houses for free so people can see it working, I dont see how the boiler which is shown on website can work it looks so small.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
I quote:-

"It cost just €5200 to have 10 hot and cold radiators installed in this villa. The value of the villa increased by €30000 overnight."
Hmmm

DSB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.