Gibraltar

Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Not bigger just better!

An Iberian Tax payer
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:49 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day

An Iberian Tax payer
Still living in the 18th century are we .
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Distinct lack of understanding of how things work in the real world around here.

Why should Spain have a claim on Gibraltar?

The usual answer given is either that they had it first (they didn't) or that 'it is part of Spain geographically' (so is Portugal) and so is Alaska part of Canada and Northern Ireland is part of Ireland and Denmark is part of Germany and, of course, Ceuta, Melilla and all the other bits of Spain which are attached to Morocco are Moroccan.`

OK then so Spain has as much claim on Gibraltar as it has on Portugal and as Canada has on Alaska - it ain't going to happen.

So what rights does the UK have to Gibraltar? Well, many including a treaty, the possession is 9/10ths rule, the wish of the inhabitants and probably others.

But, we are told, the wish of the inhabitants means nothing because they aren't 'indigenous'. Get real - the same could be said about Australia, New Zealand, The USA, all of South America - in fact I suspect much of the world.

The problem with these anti Gibraltar/anti UK posts is that they are idealistic and even childishly simplistic.

IT'S COMPLICATED!
Here's the logic, simplified:

Every country should just give back any or all of it that ever belonged to anyone, because well, everything everybody ever did was wrong.

Does that "uncomplicate" it for you?
Old Dec 19th 2014, 3:15 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas

Every country should just give back any or all of it that ever belonged to anyone, because well, everything everybody ever did was wrong.

Yep that should do it. Easy wasn't it?
Old Dec 19th 2014, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Yep that should do it. Easy wasn't it?
Neanderthals rule the world

Or does anyone know of an earlier owner ??
Old Dec 19th 2014, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha.. let me award you an A++ for your ever so witty and valued contribution.
Put in in your pile of CSE "E" grades you´re no doubt very proud of.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:54 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
hahaha.. let me award you an A++ for your ever so witty and valued contribution.
Put in in your pile of CSE "E" grades you´re no doubt very proud of.
A testament to human irony.

I don't remember the last time I suggested you were educationally challenged simply because I disagreed with you. Besides, if that's the best argument you can come up with, then obviously you have nothing tangible to contribute, and instead of what you may have intended, that says a lot more about you than me.

On a more philosophical note, I believe your reaction also says a lot about our condition these days; our lust for sensationalism, over-reaction, blame-letting, and collectively, our failure to see the forest for the trees.

In all fairness, it's encouraging to know that many posses the wisdom to see the entire forest, rather than simply blaming the moon for the colour of the sky, for the sake of the trees.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 6:36 am
Banned

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

-Albert Einstein
Old Dec 21st 2014, 5:05 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

-Albert Einstein
Yet you insist on taking the piss out of posters and expect different reactions???
Old Dec 21st 2014, 6:54 am
Banned

Oh, sorry, you appeared to be oblivious.

But I don't think it's your fault. You seem to come by it naturally.

Perhaps you can browse gov.uk to find out whether you are eligible to receive a benefit or compensation for it. Surely you're entitled. Might help pay for those Christmas spirits!

Anyway, good luck with that.

And Happy Christmas!
Old Dec 21st 2014, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Oh, sorry, you appeared to be oblivious.

But I don't think it's your fault. You seem to come by it naturally.

Perhaps you can browse gov.uk to find out whether you are eligible to receive a benefit or compensation for it. Surely you're entitled. Might help pay for those Christmas spirits!

Anyway, good luck with that.

And Happy Christmas!
Do the moderators of this forum think that childish insults are appropriate ? Come on, do something about it ! This was a good forum.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 8:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Come on fellas, lighten up, you know that we have zero tolerance for these posts. If you value your membership at all stop now.

Rosemary
Old Dec 21st 2014, 9:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Come on fellas, lighten up, you know that we have zero tolerance for these posts. If you value your membership at all stop now.

Rosemary
The guy wouldn't stop with the personal attacks, even after being warned and getting zapped. I don't believe personal attacks serve either side of the debate, and I do consciously avoid it ... up to a point. But this guy was asking for it, and deserved more than what he got. Trust me, I was being nice. And I know you know that.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 11:02 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The guy wouldn't stop with the personal attacks, even after being warned and getting zapped. I don't believe personal attacks serve either side of the debate, and I do consciously avoid it ... up to a point. But this guy was asking for it, and deserved more than what he got. Trust me, I was being nice. And I know you know that.
Exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.