Gibraltar 2

Old Jan 13th 2021, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by EuroTrash

Are there any restrictions on fruit and veg going into the UK from the EU?
Whereas, this is absolutely shocking and the UK government should be ashamed of itself https://www.bananalink.org.uk/news/p...anana-imports/
Read what it says and do the maths , the figures that gives means there will be 8-10p per kg added , I`m sure the UK consumer can raise that .
Old Jan 13th 2021, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Read what it says and do the maths , the figures that gives means there will be 8-10p per kg added , I`m sure the UK consumer can raise that .
again.
Are we talking about the same thing? What's the cost to the UK consumer got to do with anything?
My point was that the UK compelled a developing country to pay tens of thousands of pounds in additional tariffs because the new trade agreement wasn't finalised by 31.12.20 (because the UK decided to try and bully Ghana into signing a deal it was uncomfortable with)..
Old Jan 13th 2021, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Products like meat and dairy items which it is prohiibited for private individuals to bring into the EU from a third country can still be imported into the EU, provided that the correct documentation is presented to Customs and the required phyto-sanitary inspections have been carried out.
Thank you Lynn
Do you have a link to the source information?
Old Jan 13th 2021, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Thank you Lynn
Do you have a link to the source information?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-o...-food-products

There are exceptions including minced red meat, raw sausages and dairy products made from unpasteurised milk (which I don't think most British cheeses are?). It all looks so complicated it made my eyes glaze over just reading it, I wouldn't like to have to deal with it all as a job.

It's amazing the stuff you find when you start looking for information about food exports.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/the-dair...650435.article

Things certainly don't seem to be going very well for the Scottish seafood industry

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...fishing-brexit

Last edited by Lynn R; Jan 13th 2021 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 5:35 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to get entertaining, and more than a bit smelly, next week.

Old Jan 14th 2021, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-o...-food-products

There are exceptions including minced red meat, raw sausages and dairy products made from unpasteurised milk (which I don't think most British cheeses are?). It all looks so complicated it made my eyes glaze over just reading it, I wouldn't like to have to deal with it all as a job.

It's amazing the stuff you find when you start looking for information about food exports.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/the-dair...650435.article

Things certainly don't seem to be going very well for the Scottish seafood industry

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...fishing-brexit

Thank you Lynn

What I first noted was this paragraph :-This guidance applies to businesses in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) exporting or moving composite food products to, or through:
  • the EU
This of course applies to Gibraltar with food coming from the UK through France and Spain, which is being done successfully without any fuss.

So why the moaning elswhere ?
Old Jan 14th 2021, 7:12 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Gibraltar was not part of the trade and cooperation agreement, which may mean it's dodged a lot of the paperwork that's causing problems elsewhere.

I'm also guessing British-branded processed food which is made in the EU is going straight to Gibraltar and that which is made in the UK is sent by boat or by bonded transport.

Last edited by DLC; Jan 14th 2021 at 7:18 am.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DLC
Gibraltar was not part of the trade and cooperation agreement, which may mean it's dodged a lot of the paperwork that's causing problems elsewhere.

I'm also guessing British-branded processed food which is made in the EU is going straight to Gibraltar and that which is made in the UK is sent by boat or by bonded transport.
There has always been paperwork and customs agents operating on both sides of the frontier with taxes charged as necessary on the Gibraltar side ( unlike other EU frontiers ) and as far as I am aware nothing has changed other than the Spanish customs on the road access into Gibraltar do not have the right to handle any animal produce leaving the EU.
The nearest competent customs for this are based in Algeciras which has lead to the use of ferries for the last four miles to Gibraltar. The trucks using this service come direct from the UK
With reference to Bonded goods I used to operate my own Bonded Store and therefore have good knowledge in this area.

The link below takes you to the 627 page document Imports and Exports INTEGRATED TARIFF REGULATIONS 2017 Which is newer than the one I used to operate under and a quick read through appears to show lower tariffs

https://www.gibraltarlaws.gov.gi/leg...-2817/download

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jan 14th 2021 at 8:02 am. Reason: Import duty paperwork link
Old Jan 14th 2021, 8:17 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Fred - have you found the regs that prohibit UK protected geographical status products being exported to the EU yet?

Or are we agreed that's not the case?
Old Jan 14th 2021, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Fred - have you found the regs that prohibit UK protected geographical status products being exported to the EU yet?
That is not what I am querying

My query relates to animal products which appear to be banned or restricted as per Lynn R's post

I also queried if the geographical status is still in place after Brexit.

However non of that will affect Gibraltar but may do so to EU residents.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 2:11 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

So the problem seems to be getting lorries into the EU, as EU countries are using the same rules on lorries from the UK which are applied to all third countries. These rules were barely mentioned in the British government's advice to British businesses published on the 31st of December.

Click on the date to see the whole thread.

Last edited by DLC; Jan 14th 2021 at 2:13 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Rich1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
I suspect a lot of it is just for show and it will soon die down.
I'm afraid not, that's the rules from now on.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
As far as I can see other than logistics there are no problems putting things on boats to deliver to Gib. Gib is no longer in the EU and therefore EU rules no longer exist unlike NI.
Also these deliveries to Gib are now taking place.
Problems being experienced with deliveries from the UK, according to local news source:-

https://www.gbc.gi/news/teething-pro...aks-local-supe

I was prompted to look for news after reading something posted on the Brexpats in Spain public Facebook group, a post from a Gibraltar resident claiming the availability of meat and dairy products in Morrisons had been severely limited since the New Year and that a very recent delivery of several containers had included many items which had rotted in transit. Could be fake news, though.

Last edited by Lynn R; Jan 24th 2021 at 9:50 am.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Problems being experienced with deliveries from the UK, according to local news source:-

https://www.gbc.gi/news/teething-pro...aks-local-supe

I was prompted to look for news after reading something posted on the Brexpats in Spain public Facebook group, a post from a Gibraltar resident claiming the availability of meat and dairy products in Morrisons had been severely limited since the New Year and that a very recent delivery of several containers had included many items which had rotted in transit. Could be fake news, though.
Maybe it has maybe not ,the poster doesnt seem to have considered covid being the cause IF its even true, I`m sure a forum Gibraltar resident will confirm , if so it could also be covid ,obviously its creating logistics nightmares worldwide.

Last edited by Rotor; Jan 24th 2021 at 9:59 am.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 9:05 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

I know it's a long shot, but perhaps you should click the GBC link and read the article.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.