Gibraltar 2

Old Nov 29th 2023, 7:49 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I first posted in the Gibraltar section.
I can't believe there was a separate Gibraltar section when (for example) there was never a Greece section, or a Poland section (or anything else Eastern Euroeran bar Hungary)

Who on earth sanctioned that .

It'd be like having an "Isle of Wight" section
Old Nov 29th 2023, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Finknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I can't believe there was a separate Gibraltar section when (for example) there was never a Greece section, or a Poland section (or anything else Eastern Euroeran bar Hungary)

Probably because Hungary is in central Europe!
Old Nov 29th 2023, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Finknottle
You're right, after all he sold out Britain with his ridiculous referendum - oh, wait a minute.
Well look on the bright side, at least it's not Jimmy Dimly!
Old Nov 29th 2023, 10:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Gibraltar has never had its own forum. It has always been part of the Spain forum, When we had the siesta sub forum BE provided Gibraltar a place in that area. When Siesta was closed it was decided to move the Gibraltar thread into the main body of the Spain forum as it was of interest to many members who lived in Spain and visited Gibraltar. Over the years Fred has unsuccessfully tried to get BE to have a separate forum for Gibraltar.
Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 30th 2023 at 4:54 am. Reason: changed post
Old Dec 1st 2023, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Carry on being sceptical and burying your head in the sand.
Was there ever an update on the reason the geezers from you boozer were refused entry? I keep scanning the press and haven't seen anything tangible about this which is quite surprising as it surely would have fanned the flames in diplomatic circles.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
Was there ever an update on the reason the geezers from you boozer were refused entry? I keep scanning the press and haven't seen anything tangible about this which is quite surprising as it surely would have fanned the flames in diplomatic circles.
There have been others that have been refused for no apparent reason or at least no reason given, but it is no longer headline news.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Gibraltar has never had its own forum. It has always been part of the Spain forum, When we had the siesta sub forum BE provided Gibraltar a place in that area. When Siesta was closed it was decided to move the Gibraltar thread into the main body of the Spain forum as it was of interest to many members who lived in Spain and visited Gibraltar. Over the years Fred has unsuccessfully tried to get BE to have a separate forum for Gibraltar.
Rosemary
At least when as you say when there was a Siesta forum Gibraltar had a heading of it's own which allowed sub headings, unlike todays situation were everything is added to a very long thread
Old Dec 1st 2023, 12:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

At least when as you say when there was a Siesta forum Gibraltar had a heading of it's own which allowed sub headings, unlike todays situation were everything is added to a very long thread
The choice at the time was to move Gibraltar into the Spain forum or to put it into the general Europe area as Gibraltar did not warrant being a stand alone forum. The decision was that it was better to put it in the main Spain forum due to peoples interest in visiting the area. At the time one concern of the moderators was that you were the main contributor and often the only person posting to the thread so in fact you could be viewed as "bumping" the thread and it was agreed that this aspect would be ignored in order that the thread and your posts could remain for people to read. Recently there has been an upsurge in people taking part in the discussion which I do not believe would be occurring if the thread was in the Europe section instead of the Spain forum.

Maybe it would be a good idea to close the Gibraltar thread at the end of the year and start a new one named Gibraltar 2024 in January and do this every year.

Rosemary
Old Dec 1st 2023, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, I like it where it is. It's like checking up on an elderly neighbour. You sometimes forget they're there until they invite you in for a cup of tea and tell you their stories from when the world was a better place.

I also enjoy bantering with Fred. One day I'll track him down and buy him a 568ml jar of ale.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 1:00 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, I like it where it is. It's like checking up on an elderly neighbour. You sometimes forget they're there until they invite you in for a cup of tea and tell you their stories from when the world was a better place.

I also enjoy bantering with Fred. One day I'll track him down and buy him a 568ml jar of ale.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 1:02 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed that Hungary has its own section indeed. My money would have been on there being more expats in the likes of Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech R., Slovakia or Croatia but judging by the total number of posts it seems that more people have posted in the Hungary section than in the German or Irish ones even...

The choice at the time was to move Gibraltar into the Spain forum or to put it into the general Europe area as Gibraltar did not warrant being a stand alone forum. The decision was that it was better to put it in the main Spain forum due to peoples interest in visiting the area.
Seems reasonable and geographically the two will always be associated. I'm curious as to how many people have actually been there and whether it was part of a cruise, a Spanish road trip or a flight into Gib.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Finknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Spanish discovered that they voted for Brexit!
Old Dec 1st 2023, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-determination

Another example of the Spanish view on the right to self determination
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe it would be a good idea to close the Gibraltar thread at the end of the year and start a new one named Gibraltar 2024 in January and do this every year.

Rosemary
Point noted

Fred
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apple juice is my drink of choice

Magners. Stronbow etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.