F1 thread.

Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Nearly everybody loves you here apparantly
Not everyone..................but I'm working on them.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:18 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Im not supporting him ...... hes a prat!

I mixed you up with somebody else.. I think Fortaleza is the one that supports Alonso.. and you are the one that has to be careful reversing the car ..
Old Aug 26th 2007, 5:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
I mixed you up with somebody else.. I think Fortaleza is the one that supports Alonso.. and you are the one that has to be careful reversing the car ..

My reversing skills are impeccable, I think you must be confusing me with someone else who is backwardly challenged
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:27 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Go Alonso!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:19 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Go Alonso!
We've been here before!!!! Twice!!! Tough end to season to win championship. Experience will shine through. Apparently the young pretender is a bit baffled as to why Alonso seems to be getting more performance out of his car recently whereas he himself is off the pace. Alonso's team are not as sharing with their info as they once were. Seems that ickle Lewis' dismissive comments a few weeks back that Alonso had not brought extra pace to the team is coming back to bite him on the ass!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Apparently the young pretender is a bit baffled as to why Alonso seems to be getting more performance out of his car recently whereas he himself is off the pace.
And you wonder why people get so p!ssed off with F1 when you cant even trust the teams within the teams to play fair. If "The Young Pretender" deserves to win the chapionship then he should be allowed to do so ..... at the end of the season if Alsonso wins, do you think people will be asking questions as to why Hamiltons car suddenly didnt perform as well as Alonso's? The team orders procession thingy was one of the reasons I stopped watching years ago.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:10 am

And you wonder why people get so p!ssed off with F1 when you cant even trust the teams within the teams to play fair. If "The Young Pretender" deserves to win the chapionship then he should be allowed to do so ..... at the end of the season if Alsonso wins, do you think people will be asking questions as to why Hamiltons car suddenly didnt perform as well as Alonso's? The team orders procession thingy was one of the reasons I stopped watching years ago.
I don't think it's on the car's performance but on the pilot's.. as Fortaleza well said the experience is there and definitely counts..

Last edited by anabella; Sep 10th 2007 at 4:07 am.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's on the car's performance but on the pilot's.. as Fortaleza well said experience the experience is there and definitely counts..
Well with my experience if I drove the car, they wouldn`t see my arse for dust.....
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:15 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Surely, though, if I remember some other points you made correctly (which I may not have done!!!), you would prefer to see teams within teams - this means every driver for himself and not nº1 or nº2 drivers etc.

My point was that Alonso shared with the team his experience and got the set up of the car just right to get the maximum out of it. This, as per team orders, was being shared with the rest of the team. Hamilton benefitted - whether he likes it or not, or cares to admit it, he benefitted. One could argue that he took the info and took it on one stage further - I don't share that view but understand it being made.

Since the big fall-out at the beginning of August, they have been allowed to work "indepentanly" up to a point, and it now seems that one is benefitting by not having to share his tips and strategy, whilst the other is dependent on his own (admittedly considerable) ability.

Last edited by Fortaleza; Sep 10th 2007 at 4:18 am.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:16 am
Senior Moment

I don't think it's on the car's performance but on the pilot's.. as Fortaleza well said the experience is there and definitely counts..
Well thats true, but up to a month ago Hamilton was clearly doing much better and leaving Alonso in his trail. So has Hamiltons driving got worse? Has Alonso's improved? Or will there be a conspiricy theory rife that Alonsos car was given a better set up than Hamiltons?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:18 am
Senior Moment

Since the big fall-out at the beginning of August, they have been allowed to work "indepentanly" up to a point, and it now seems that one is benefitting by not having to share his tips and strategy, whilst the other is dependent on his own (admittedly considerable) ability.
Mmmmmm .... maybe so. I guess we'll never know will we
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely, though, if I remember some other points you made correctly (which I may not have done!!!), you would prefer to see teams within teams - this means every driver for himself and not nº1 or nº2 drivers etc.

My point was that Alonso shared with the team his experience and got the set up of the car just right to get the maximum out of it. This, as per team orders, was being shared with the rest of the team. Hamilton benefitted - whether he likes it or not, or cares to admit it, he benefitted. One could argue that he took the info and took it on one stage further - I don't share that view but understand it being made.

exactly Alonso has sussed him out. Alonso was always the cleverer by distancing himself from mclaren -now we know- alonso is very clever - he is magician after all.

Now we'll see how good Hammy is, and If he is not at Mclaren next year (if they are racing) and a not so high performing car he wont win nothing,

And as for Ron Dennis well the FIA = Ferrari's Interest Always Ruling that Mclaren are now banned from the 2007 / 2008 Season's hopefully there will be nothing more of him and his cheating way's

People think this is good news for Hammy, I think this will scare him and now its Alonso's Title to lose.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have watched my last ever F1 race.....
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:38 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Well with my experience if I drove the car, they wouldn`t see my arse for dust.....
Aye, I suffer from a dusty arse too, I've tried everything, it's a social curse.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have watched my last ever F1 race.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.