Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ever met a genius?

Ever met a genius?

Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever met a genius?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
There you go again Matt, dropping yourself right in it once more, attributing to me an opinion which I have never ever expressed on this forum or any other.
Yeah you did Dick.... you implied it by the tone and content of your post. Stop making yourself look a twat Dick, it just doesn't become some one of your advanced years.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah you did Dick.... you implied it by the tone and content of your post. Stop making yourself look a twat Dick, it just doesn't become some one of your advanced years.
Well insults and abuse should not become you, unfortunately it becomes more common each time you come unstuck.
Obviously you have again been far too presumptuous.
I have clearly never implied my approval in any way of those big fat wage packets.
Possibly it may be advisable for you to study more carefully what is written in future, before spitting your dummy.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well insults and abuse should not become you, unfortunately it becomes more common each time you come unstuck.
Obviously you have again been far too presumptuous.
I have clearly never implied my approval in any way of those big fat wage packets.
Possibly it may be advisable for you to study more carefully what is written in future, before spitting your dummy.
You're not even good at this are you?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:13 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

You're not even good at this are you?
Seems like I don't really need to be.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:17 am
Straw Man.

Seems like I don't really need to be.
Its amazing, you are getting all excited and telling me that I have been tripped up yet all you have done is deny that you said something when its in print that you did, I'd have though even you could see the flaw in your cunning plan to be the smartest person on the forum.

Oh and don't flatter yourself into thinking that because I am replying to you you have drawn me in to you "trap", I'm simply bored stiff and since no one else wants to play I am humouring you, when someone more interesting comes along I shall simply go back to ignoring your inane drivell and pish.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I'd play if it was about who's met a genius - come on guys, thread? topic?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:45 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Dick, if you go to "My Profile" and then scroll down you will find the option buddy/ignore list. You can put certain usernames on there and won´t see their posts. Handy, isn´t it?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:50 am
Straw Man.

Can someone tell me what Jur said.

Back to the thread topic, I've never met a genius as such but I have worked for a couple of people in Florida some years ago and despite my initial reticence about them when I first went out there they proved every bit the definition of Genius when it came to horses and indeed in life in general, and I will carry what they gave me through my life.

In an ideal world I would have to say I'd love to have met Wilfred Thesiger or maybe King Hussein of Jordan, both in their own way were genii.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:52 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the thread topic, I've never met a genius as such but I have worked for a couple of people in Florida some years ago and despite my initial reticence about them when I first went out there they proved every bit the definition of Genius when it came to horses and indeed in life in general, and I will carry what they gave me through my life.

In an ideal world I would have to say I'd love to have met Wilfred Thesiger or maybe King Hussein of Jordan, both in their own way were genii.
What, if you rubbed them the right way you'd get three wishes?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:54 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
What, if you rubbed them the right way you'd get three wishes?
I am pretty sure the plural of genius is genii.... having said that I didn't check! Ooops, have I "slipped" up again?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Which raises the question are most of the folk we dub geniuses only ever highly specific in their field of knowledge? - (I was once told by a rather pissed off tutor that a little knowledge was a dangerous thing & that's possibly the story of my life, Jack of all trades master of none) - maybe we do need many people who are geniuses in their own field and there's no such thing as an all-round genius - hmmm

oh, and google has no one answer about geniuses or genii, as you might expect!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:01 am
Jur

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;9127114]Can someone tell me what Jur said.QUOTE]

:-) Touché
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:01 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur

Touché
I couldn't resist.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:02 am
Jur

I couldn't resist.

It was genius.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:04 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jur
It was genius.
... and were back in the room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.