Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Energy Performance Certificate

Energy Performance Certificate

Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:10 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Energy Performance Certificate

Originally Posted by Sir John
Waste of TIME/MONEY does it help you?,just imagine all the expats living in older villas with no insulation in the walls or damp courses or insulation in the roofs?,energy rating minus 100?...how can you calclate the thermal effiency of a property properly?,maybe special expensive equipment is needed?,i do not think so!,this requirement is now only nescessary because you are supposed to have it if you sell or rent ou,the excuse CO EMISSIONS!... my arse,another f....g law passed to fleece us of more money and IVA!,when does it end?, just lines the pockets of another company now to fleece people like of their money like the ELCTRIC ICB LIMITER SWITH!!,already we have now be flooded with more scare mongering adverts on the radio and newspapers!,as if it was not enough hearing 10 times a day...................
WARNING,WARNING "how much too much tax do you want to pay we need to talk" ARSEHOLE DECLARATION "it must be made by 30th april deadline!,now we will now be plagued and its started already on BAY RADIO "WARNING AS FROM JUNE YOU WILL NEED AN ENERGY CERTIFICATE TO SELL OR RENT YOUR PROPERTY OUT!"...thank you so much for more grief bay radio and the expat newspapaers just to make our lives here a little bit more miserable than it already has been recently!

Tie a yellow ribbon song is very apt!.....hope my place sells quick i've had enough al this crap here....what's next on spains agenda for us all?.
Yes i'm ANGRY!
Whilst I agree with most of your sentiments - it's not Spain's fault! They are simply following EU law just like France, Italy, UK etc. have had to!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Whilst I agree with most of your sentiments - it's not Spain's fault! They are simply following EU law just like France, Italy, UK etc. have had to!
Thanks for comment/reply,yes i know its not nescessarily spains fault just follwing EU law!i know france have some stern laws,but it does just not sit well with us all its never ending and costly eh?,we are now all are seeing what the results of us being in the EU and being dictated to by brussels/germany/france and the effects it's having on us all,it seems there is no end to these new rules/laws/regulations which seem to be coming left/right and centre to be thrown at us all .
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

What did i say about scaremongering on this energy certificate!..here we go,excert from surveyinspain site:-

http://www.surveyspain.com/blog/cee-...cia-energetica,

So what’s going to happen over the next 53 or more days? Agents, who are going to be liable for a considerable fine if they market property without the rating shown, will have to add this item to the other papers that are required to comply with Andalucía’s Decree 218 and similar requirements in other Comunidades. However, not only is the time short, there will be a cost to obtaining this paper, which will be considerably more than that of the Nota Simple or Catastral information. What that cost is to be is as yet undecided as there is no national scale and it will depend upon each assessor. In addition, the certificate is likely to list the inefficiencies of the property, thus giving buyers ‘ammunition’ with which to reduce the price. I do not envy the agent’s task in persuading desperate sellers to put out scarce cash for these certificates.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

What did i say about scaremongering on this energy certificate!..here we go,excert from surveyinspain site:-

http://www.surveyspain.com/blog/cee-...cia-energetica,

So what’s going to happen over the next 53 or more days? Agents, who are going to be liable for a considerable fine if they market property without the rating shown, will have to add this item to the other papers that are required to comply with Andalucía’s Decree 218 and similar requirements in other Comunidades. However, not only is the time short, there will be a cost to obtaining this paper, which will be considerably more than that of the Nota Simple or Catastral information. What that cost is to be is as yet undecided as there is no national scale and it will depend upon each assessor. In addition, the certificate is likely to list the inefficiencies of the property, thus giving buyers ‘ammunition’ with which to reduce the price. I do not envy the agent’s task in persuading desperate sellers to put out scarce cash for these certificates.
Perhaps stipulate that the agent takes the cost of it out of his/her commission.
All these things get passed down the line somehow. Perhaps suggest to get the place on the agents books that they fund the certificate. They will then source a cheap certificate supplier PDQ!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonboy
Perhaps stipulate that the agent takes the cost of it out of his/her commission.
All these things get passed down the line somehow. Perhaps suggest to get the place on the agents books that they fund the certificate. They will then source a cheap certificate supplier PDQ!

A very GOOD idea there jonboy as the agents take a whopping 4-5% commision anyway so if they do not fund the certificate then they do not get the commision on the sale!..food for thought on their behalf..excellent.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Thanks for comment/reply,yes i know its not nescessarily spains fault just follwing EU law!i know france have some stern laws,but it does just not sit well with us all its never ending and costly eh?,we are now all are seeing what the results of us being in the EU and being dictated to by brussels/germany/france and the effects it's having on us all,it seems there is no end to these new rules/laws/regulations which seem to be coming left/right and centre to be thrown at us all .
As much as I agree with your sentiments about the EU bureaucracy, the origins of the EPC are actually from the Kyoto and subsequent global agreements in climate change control. Spain has actually been dragging its feet in introducing these, and they were introduced in the UK in 2007.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Apr 30th 2013 at 5:24 am.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:22 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
I like the idea of getting the agent to actually do something else for their commission but what would happen if you have joint agents?

Clearly you wouldn't have multiple certificates.

At the end of the day, it has to be down to the house owner.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Sandra Wolfe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morlandg
Has anyone any experiences of these certificates and willing to share them?
Procedure, cost etc
Hello, This will be introduced as from June 2013, it will be required to rent properties for a period of 4 months or more and to sell/buy a property. Registered architect will be able to provide it, will know more about this at the end of the week, if you need more information send me an email.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I like the idea of getting the agent to actually do something else for their commission but what would happen if you have joint agents?

Clearly you wouldn't have multiple certificates.

At the end of the day, it has to be down to the house owner.
Multiple agents need to show a gesture of good will or they need to show some creative thinking re the sourcing or such certificates e.g. that they can provide this in-house, in an independent sort of way. Why should it land in your lap?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

BUGS is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK has had these certificates since 2007 and nobody seems to be complaining about them in the UK. The certificates last 10 years, they are registered against the catastral registration number of the property. They stay with the property. How about gas safety certs. They cost around 55 euros a year in Spain, 500 euros over the 10 years the certificate lasts. If it was 27.50 a year nobody would be complaining, however because you are paying 10 years costs in one go it is a big lump to pay. No matter how much people complain, they are law, you need one, argue for or against till the cows come home, they are not going to go away and the simple fact is that if you have your property for sale it needs to have an EPC by law.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:16 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BUGS
The UK has had these certificates since 2007 and nobody seems to be complaining about them in the UK. The certificates last 10 years, they are registered against the catastral registration number of the property. They stay with the property. How about gas safety certs. They cost around 55 euros a year in Spain, 500 euros over the 10 years the certificate lasts. If it was 27.50 a year nobody would be complaining, however because you are paying 10 years costs in one go it is a big lump to pay. No matter how much people complain, they are law, you need one, argue for or against till the cows come home, they are not going to go away and the simple fact is that if you have your property for sale it needs to have an EPC by law.
if a gas boiler isn't tested annually to ensure it is operating correctly and the flue is not blocked - resulting in leakage of carbon monoxide (an invisible, tasteless, odourless, killing gas) into the living space - then there is the potential for loss of life.
We all know of instances where people have died due to defective gas boilers in holiday or long term rented or owned properties. And yet landlords and home owners don't even have this important item checked annually.

Now, despite the best will in Spain, UK, EU, Kyoto or The World I have yet to hear of anyone dying because an EPC hasn't been completed.

If it is hard enough to get a landlords and homeowners to get a property gas tested how the flying fish are you going to get them to get an EPC until it is really necessary.

`
Old May 1st 2013, 6:36 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad we sold our house when we did. Being an old house built in a village on the side of a mountain, there was no insulation, single-skin walls in some places (two feet thick in others), no heating and single glazing. We did have energy saving bulbs though

Feel sorry for those trying to sell similar houses.

Last edited by scampicat; May 1st 2013 at 6:41 am.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scampicat

As to it being EU law, the UK have stopped them .
Think you'll find this statement is wrong.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:44 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
Think you'll find this statement is wrong.
How right you are.

The price is cheaper than Spain, but they are still going strong.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:46 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
How right you are.

The price is cheaper than Spain, but they are still going strong.
Yes, I have just found out it is the HIPS report that has stopped, (in England), the EPC is still going. Thanks for the correction, I have deleted that bit of my post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.