Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Energy Performance Certificate

Energy Performance Certificate

Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:21 am
Just Joined

morlandg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Energy Performance Certificate

Has anyone any experiences of these certificates and willing to share them?
Procedure, cost etc
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:56 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Energy Performance Certificate

Originally Posted by morlandg
Has anyone any experiences of these certificates and willing to share them?
Procedure, cost etc
I didn't know they existed in Spain.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:04 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

How strange is that?
Same question was asked by someone else just yesterday
But deleted for spamming ... sure that wont be the case in this thread

I didnt know they existed either
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:15 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There is some unbiased info on this lawyers site

http://blog.b-legal.co.uk/?p=342
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:17 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
How strange is that?
Same question was asked by someone else just yesterday
But deleted for spamming ... sure that wont be the case in this thread

I didnt know they existed either
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:24 am
Just Joined

morlandg is an unknown quantity at this point

I found the reference on another forum. Here's the link to the company offering the service:
<snip>Apparently a new spanish law makes them required for ALL property sales and rentals even existing ones starting 1 june 2013.
What next?

Last edited by Sue; Mar 21st 2013 at 12:10 pm. Reason: Link Removed
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I found the reference on another forum. Here's the link to the company offering the service:
<snip>Apparently a new spanish law makes them required for ALL property sales and rentals even existing ones starting 1 june 2013.
What next?
I've removed the link you "found." Call me suspicious but I feel it's too much of a coincidence that you popped up today to start this thread and then go on to post a link that we had to remove twice yesterday because owner of said company was using the forum to spam.

So if you are connected to said company, or know the owner, please do not try to use this forum again for free advertising. Thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
There is some unbiased info on this lawyers site

http://blog.b-legal.co.uk/?p=342
Any one know where to go to get one?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What next?
You'd better tell that other person that he is walking on thin Ice, because he's already been turned over on another forum using the same idea in exactly the same wording (and had one thread removed from here) and its a good job for you that I haven't yet linked him to your IP
Old Mar 21st 2013, 4:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

whilst Mitzy does his magic, returning to the actual thread for a moment,

the thread by Fred earlier makes for interesting reading. As I am considering buying a property the subject has never been raised and I have had to ask some questions that I wasn't aware of.

I think it was the EPC we had in the UK that was raised when renting out a property where the young lady actually gave us credits for having energy saving lamps in the lighting sockets !!
How that effects the energy performance of the property I have no idea, after all what the tenant decided to fit has nothing to do with us.
But said young lady spent no more than 5mins in the house, didn't check the insulation (which in the loft has a floor over it), nor if the water tanks and pipes were insulated. (she would have found that the loft door is also fully insulated.

And the other day in conversation found a Spaniard that had paid €6.50 for a similar lamp that I was buying in Sainsbury's at 3 for £1.00.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 5:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino

And the other day in conversation found a Spaniard that had paid €6.50 for a similar lamp that I was buying in Sainsbury's at 3 for £1.00.
For some unexplained reason low energy lights are significantly cheaper in the UK than in Spain.

Possible UK government green subsidies? Even the Chinese shops are charging more than in the UK.

It does seem odd.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:49 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

For some unexplained reason low energy lights are significantly cheaper in the UK than in Spain.

Possible UK government green subsidies? Even the Chinese shops are charging more than in the UK.

It does seem odd.
It's because we're "special"
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 8:44 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem odd.
Fred, perhaps that is because the UK, as usual, is ahead of the game in stopping sales of the "old" incandescent as banned by the good old EU.
So as you say, there must be some sort of subsidy.

However, there is a move against this, as they are cheaper, last as long and give a high lux output. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...ght-bulbs.html

however, I don't see any slowing down in availability of incandescent's in the Spanish shops - last one I bought was in our P'aqui supermarket.

As I have only lived here for a year, did the Spanish Govt make the fast moves the UK did in banning them ??
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

BUGS is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok just to clear up a few points. The EPC alias the CEE is not needed if you currently have a tenant in your property. You will need it when you get a new tenant. If you rent your property out for less than 4 months a year, for example as a holiday rental, you do not need it. These is a rule which needs to be applied in the case of the 4 month exception though, and that is that during the 4 month rental period if you use more than 25% of the normal annual energy usage then you do need a certificate. The law came into force on the 5th April 2013 and people who need them should apply for theirs before 1st June 2013. However my company carries out assessments and we issue certificates so know that this is just not going to be possible. If anybody has any questions about the new certificate post them on the forum and I will try if I can to answer them.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by BUGS
Ok just to clear up a few points. The EPC alias the CEE is not needed if you currently have a tenant in your property. You will need it when you get a new tenant. If you rent your property out for less than 4 months a year, for example as a holiday rental, you do not need it. These is a rule which needs to be applied in the case of the 4 month exception though, and that is that during the 4 month rental period if you use more than 25% of the normal annual energy usage then you do need a certificate. The law came into force on the 5th April 2013 and people who need them should apply for theirs before 1st June 2013. However my company carries out assessments and we issue certificates so know that this is just not going to be possible. If anybody has any questions about the new certificate post them on the forum and I will try if I can to answer them.
I would have said that was an advert - but your website doesn't even cover the subject.

where do you get your software from ???

`

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.