Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Energy Performance Certificate

Energy Performance Certificate

Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Energy Performance Certificate

A company (not previously named on this thread) took a half page advert in last weeks 'Round Town News' headed:

Royal Decree approves Energy Certification

Stating it was law (no BOE quoted) and giving a web site based on blogger blogspot. Also quoted is Ana Pastor 'Minister of Development' (incorrect)

So whilst the intention of energy conservation is obviously creditable I cannot see this 'law' being adhered to IMO.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:38 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
A company (not previously named on this thread) took a half page advert in last weeks 'Round Town News' headed:

Royal Decree approves Energy Certification

Stating it was law (no BOE quoted) and giving a web site based on blogger blogspot. Also quoted is Ana Pastor 'Minister of Development' (incorrect)

So whilst the intention of energy conservation is obviously creditable I cannot see this 'law' being adhered to IMO.
I mentioned this to an estate agent last week and .......
she said she hadn't heard of it
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:06 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

the full BOE reference can be found at
http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2013/04/1...-2013-3904.pdf

further information is at
http://www.idae.es/index.php/id.25/l...gs/mem.detalle

http://www.minetur.gob.es/ENERGIA/DE...ificacion.aspx

http://www.minetur.gob.es/energia/de....D.C.E.E.E.pdf

It will be up to the individuals who let or sell properties as to whether they have the necessary certificates in place. But those with flats should be aware that it will be the responsibility of each owner, not the block community.

`
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case..............

This is not intended to be derogatory to the Spaniards in any way - but I just cannot see them being interested in this.

They have enough common sense to know when a house is going to be hot or cold and what they will need to do to create either heat or cooling as appropriate without a piece of paper attempting to tell them.

And frankly it would make no difference to me buying a property here either.

More EU bureaucracy one assumes that is not particularly relevant to Spain and yes I do appreciate it gets b cold here and energy costs have risen.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:30 am

This is not intended to be derogatory to the Spaniards in any way - but I just cannot see them being interested in this.

They have enough common sense to know when a house is going to be hot or cold and what they will need to do to create either heat or cooling as appropriate without a piece of paper attempting to tell them.

More EU bureaucracy one assumes that is not particularly relevant to Spain and yes I do appreciate it gets b cold here and energy costs have risen.
partially agree, but the standard of housebuild is not good, I see plenty without any insulation and as to the fitting of air bricks - non-existant !!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:49 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they will be interested, the certificates will be liable for IVA, and the assessors will be employed and that will mean taxes and SS will be paid too.

There are reports about that a tax will be made on home drinking,on everyone over the age of 18, it will be presumed that an average person will consume 10 bottles of wine a week at home.

This is money that is not going into bars, so a tax will follow.

The tax will be calculated between the cost of a glass in a bar, and the average cost of drinking at home.

The difference shall then be liable for tax.

The imputed vino tax.

To avoid paying it will be necessary to get a medical certificate to prove that you are allergic to wine, saying that you don´t drink it, or don´t like it will not suffice.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by me me
Of course they will be interested, the certificates will be liable for IVA, and the assessors will be employed and that will mean taxes and SS will be paid too.

There are reports about that a tax will be made on home drinking,on everyone over the age of 18, it will be presumed that an average person will consume 10 bottles of wine a week at home.

This is money that is not going into bars, so a tax will follow.

The tax will be calculated between the cost of a glass in a bar, and the average cost of drinking at home.

The difference shall then be liable for tax.

The imputed vino tax.

To avoid paying it will be necessary to get a medical certificate to prove that you are allergic to wine, saying that you don´t drink it, or don´t like it will not suffice.
come on, All Fools Day is April 1st not 16th.

and the BH is to all intents and purposes teetotal, and try as hard as I can I rarely get through 8 bottles of wine a week.
with a can at 34c from the supermarket and a tubo in the bars at €1.20 with tapas the bars tend to short the glass. This weekend during Ruta de Tapas one bar was only doing about 20cl for €1.50 with tapas.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:21 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
come on, All Fools Day is April 1st not 16th.

and the BH is to all intents and purposes teetotal, and try as hard as I can I rarely get through 8 bottles of wine a week.
with a can at 34c from the supermarket and a tubo in the bars at €1.20 with tapas the bars tend to short the glass. This weekend during Ruta de Tapas one bar was only doing about 20cl for €1.50 with tapas.
Or 28th december in Spain - but then it's not that either.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

BUGS is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Domino, I can see where the confusion comes in. The website listed under my signature belongs to my wife. That is her business, not mine. I have not posted my website as I don't want to get slapped wrists. What software are you asking about?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by BUGS
Sorry Domino, I can see where the confusion comes in. The website listed under my signature belongs to my wife. That is her business, not mine. I have not posted my website as I don't want to get slapped wrists. What software are you asking about?
you mean you don't know about EPC software ?
how do you provide a certificate ?

`
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Domino, your question was where do you get your software. Not having a crystal ball, I did not know what software you were referring to. The software we use is either CE3 or CE3X why do you want to know?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:19 am
Just Joined

david-estepona is an unknown quantity at this point

I contacted a company by the name of Artica Energy Performance to enquire about making a booking for an assessment, they came across as a very professional company but i would like to know if anyone has used this company.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:34 am

nice for a brand new company to be able to get such glowing references already

especially as other expat sites are also being hit by similar references

Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

The Certificado de Eficiencia Energética, is certainly causing a lot of confusion. There are also a few things to be careful of when booking an assessment. There are companies set up to do an energy survey. They are charging considerably less than you would pay for a registered certificate. The normal charge is around 100 euros for these surveys, however they are just for information and cannot be registered so are a waste of money. I know a lot of people will probably say the actual EPC is a waste of money, but at least it's a waste of money that relives people of their legal obligation when it comes to the law in Spain
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Waste of TIME/MONEY does it help you?,just imagine all the expats living in older villas with no insulation in the walls or damp courses or insulation in the roofs?,energy rating minus 100?...how can you calclate the thermal effiency of a property properly?,maybe special expensive equipment is needed?,i do not think so!,this requirement is now only nescessary because you are supposed to have it if you sell or rent ou,the excuse CO EMISSIONS!... my arse,another f....g law passed to fleece us of more money and IVA!,when does it end?, just lines the pockets of another company now to fleece people like of their money like the ELCTRIC ICB LIMITER SWITH!!,already we have now be flooded with more scare mongering adverts on the radio and newspapers!,as if it was not enough hearing 10 times a day...................
WARNING,WARNING "how much too much tax do you want to pay we need to talk" ARSEHOLE DECLARATION "it must be made by 30th april deadline!,now we will now be plagued and its started already on BAY RADIO "WARNING AS FROM JUNE YOU WILL NEED AN ENERGY CERTIFICATE TO SELL OR RENT YOUR PROPERTY OUT!"...thank you so much for more grief bay radio and the expat newspapaers just to make our lives here a little bit more miserable than it already has been recently!

Tie a yellow ribbon song is very apt!.....hope my place sells quick i've had enough al this crap here....what's next on spains agenda for us all?.
Yes i'm ANGRY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.