Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s just a con so they can rip you off selling drinks after the customs check. ;-(
They still allow babies bottles through, UK make you taste them, Spain don`t bother, they also let us through with a two ltr bottle of mixed water/cordial for the two year old grand daughter.
To be honest that is my thinking on a lot of things we are made to do now

Considering every time a journalist tests these security systems and others at airports they find they are easy to get through, no security check on who they are when applying for a job, with guns etc. through xray machines... while the poor passengers with a bottle of water have them removed.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:43 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever had a minor problem with Easy Jet just once on a return flight to Italy.

We were told at check-in that one of our cases was too heavy - and I have to say they were all packed to the limits with Christmas stuff, kids presents etc.

My OH quickly put his hand inside one of the cases, pulled out something that he thought was heavy enough to bring the weight down and shoved it into his hand luggage.

When we went through the checks to the departure lounge I discovered that the item OH had pulled out without thinking was only my huge 50% free bottle of Heinz salad cream. The official apologised as he threw it into a bin and I didn't know whether to almost cry or thump my man.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Last time I came through Malaga I had an empty water bottle in my hand luggage which nobody bothered about. When I got through customs I went to the water fountain and filled it. Saved me a couple of quid on EasyJet along with the smoked salmon and avocado sandwiches and chocolate brownies I took with me.
The people next to me spend about six pounds on a Jack Daniels and Coke along with a packet of biscuits then watched me eat my meal.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

We always fly with Easyjet, with the children we always take our own food on the flights otherwise it would cost a small fortune.

The only problem we have had with Easyjet is the boarding process, even with Easyjet Plus cards we still find boarding stressful because everyone pushes forward. Our 4 year old was knocked off her feet by adults elbowing their way through to get on the plane first! Noone stopped and apologised. Last time me we flew we had to help a man on crutches who was also getting pushed out of the way - it always seems so mad because there are always enough seats on the plane! Just an example about how selfish some people can be. (Have to say this only happens FROM Bristol - the staff in Spain are always much better at boarding the flights and there is only a bit of shoving trying to get to the boarding gate).
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaratonyT
there are always enough seats on the plane
I've found that the problem isn't the number of seats (though there's often a scrum for people who want to sit together), but the amount of overhead stowage. The first people on manage to fill it all with their oversized wheelie cases and the people who get on last either have to squash their bags into any remaining space, or put it under the seat.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

We always fly with Easyjet, with the children we always take our own food on the flights otherwise it would cost a small fortune.

The only problem we have had with Easyjet is the boarding process, even with Easyjet Plus cards we still find boarding stressful because everyone pushes forward. Our 4 year old was knocked off her feet by adults elbowing their way through to get on the plane first! Noone stopped and apologised. Last time me we flew we had to help a man on crutches who was also getting pushed out of the way - it always seems so mad because there are always enough seats on the plane! Just an example about how selfish some people can be. (Have to say this only happens FROM Bristol - the staff in Spain are always much better at boarding the flights and there is only a bit of shoving trying to get to the boarding gate).
Treating humans like cattle! The problem is many people have no manners, no matter how many times they fly and know the process they all charge to get to the front as their animal instincts appear. I think it shouldn't be allowed to not have a boarding pass and be allocated a seat, it doesn't make any real difference with time as the rush into the plane and to seats causes chaos which could be avoided. In flights of late I have used Aer Lingus who issue a boarding pass, it is all civilised boarding and takes no longer if not less time. It is a shame that health and safety create silly rules and yet somewhere it is needed like this to protect kids and the elderly it doesn't seem to come into play.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You should have the first boarding letter (A) on the boarding pass if you are with children, tell the check in person.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pete_l
I've found that the problem isn't the number of seats (though there's often a scrum for people who want to sit together), but the amount of overhead stowage. The first people on manage to fill it all with their oversized wheelie cases and the people who get on last either have to squash their bags into any remaining space, or put it under the seat.
Or have it removed and put in the hold at the last minute if they haven't managed to board in time to fit their case into the overhead lockers ... in practice, it seems to me, most people's handluggage is now too large to fit under the seat.
This is a direct result of airlines charging extra to check in a hold bag ... gone are the days of people boarding the plane with just a coat and a handbag/briefcase/small changing bag for baby!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks JDR, but we do have speedyboarding, even with that it is stressful, you firstly have to get to the front of the baying mob to pass through the gate avoiding the evil looks and then whenthey check everyone else in, people then surge forward and you really have to stand your ground, it is like a military excercise keeping hold of the childrens and keeping together.

I agree with the bag issue, our last flight in January ran out of space and the cabin crew were finding it hard to stow all of the bags, we saw some people with 2 bags and others with cases which were far too large - it is the fault of the check in staff for not sticking to the guidelines. You regularly see people unable to put their bags in the overhead lockers because they are too big and heavy.

Anyway, that's enough moaning for now!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

See Ryanair's new scheme - check their website under 'news'... that should sort out the selfish so and so's that take more than one bag or much bigger than stipulated.

I don't know how they have got away with it for so long, take off is often delayed while the cabin crew desperately try and find space for all the extra bags that people bring on. Certainly on Ryanair flights....
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunmovin
would not be fair to say "you get what you pay for" if you want the sort of service BA or Singapore Airlines offer, then you have to pay their prices. If you want low cost fairs, then you have to accept cut price service?
Tell me an airline who flies to Alicante from the UK (in my case the London Region) who offer the frills if you wanted them and can get you there in approx 2.5 hours, Monarch are probably the closest if you have a gold card so it is a waste of time moaning.I have flown just about all of them ,Iberia is very good but takes about a day to get there .You just have to treat it as a long bus ride and forget Customer service and go with whoever is cheapest and quickest on the day .Easyjet I think are about the cheapest inflight service (let me know if you know different) Ryanair are the most expensive but no-one can compete with their fares ,they also have a wider choice of flight times .I personally have had a whinge about them all but I have had a lot of good experiences with them all as well . I wish BMI would fly from Heathrow again (miles superior to the rest )
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Econ
To be honest that is my thinking on a lot of things we are made to do now

Considering every time a journalist tests these security systems and others at airports they find they are easy to get through, no security check on who they are when applying for a job, with guns etc. through xray machines... while the poor passengers with a bottle of water have them removed.
Can anyone one (airport security staff included ) tell me how liquids in hand luggage are detected ?I flew to Alicante at xmas and had a new razor (unopened ,an xmas present ) in my hand luggage ,when I opened it there was a cleaning soloution for razor (200ml highly flammable )which I honestly did not know was there (I fly about every other weekend so I know not to take certain items or I end up with grief )My work colleague this week was running late for a flight and did not have time to check in her hand luggage (she had hairspray ,shampoo ,moisturisers etc ) but was able to board her flite with all of it(London Heathrow)I have also travelled with a dangerous object in my hand luggage (a fork??? ) which was not detected on my outbound flght(luton) but got the third degree when going back at Alicante (incidentally I had forgotten it was there )yet I have had tube of toothpate taken off me at Luton If I were a terrorist (carrying explosive etc)I think I would be quite confident about getting through security undetected yet we waste hours queing up for security checks etc and they still dont seem to be able to tell what we are carrying ,a bit concerning dont you think ???
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, I tell you another one to avoid is Virgin Atlantic (on their new Australia to London route). Quite rude too, and really patronising in their literature, basically outlining that all passengers were oiks, had no brain and were devoid of any iota of common sense. Even in the pre-flight demo's they stopped and said over the microphone "we are now going to do this all over again, cos a certain number of people are not paying attention". Fine, I accept the safety aspect, but this was said in a primary school teachers voice to a Y1 level student!.
Probably figured the majority of passengers were Aussies and applied accordingly.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

But at Bristol they almost always bus you, & there's a queue (I use the term loosely) between the departure lounge & the gates which stretches across the general walking zone.... I think you must have struck very unlucky, I've never once had a problem there. With queuing, that is. Once had a jobsworth security bloke give me the third degree showing off to a newby he was training... I'd taken a sewing machine as hand luggage cos I didn't want to risk it in the hold, obviously took out any needles, sharp bits, etc. & did I get hassle - eventually let me through so late it was a run!!!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:43 am
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by susique
See Ryanair's new scheme - check their website under 'news'... that should sort out the selfish so and so's that take more than one bag or much bigger than stipulated.

I don't know how they have got away with it for so long, take off is often delayed while the cabin crew desperately try and find space for all the extra bags that people bring on. Certainly on Ryanair flights....
I hope Ryanair uphold it as I often see people with more than one piece of hand luggage filling up the overhead lockers and then compliant people have no where to put their luggage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.