Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

Thought you might like an update. Easyjet has paid out compensation of 400 Euros per passenger plus the expenses. So am satisfied.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:52 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Thought you might like an update. Easyjet has paid out compensation of 400 Euros per passenger plus the expenses. So am satisfied.
Hey that's a result, I think if it had been Mr Ryanair you would still be fighting it. Congrats good to hear some good news for a change.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:10 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

well done in the end
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

See what a good man Mr Squeezyjet is,
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

If you don´t ask you don´t get!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by susique
So get an Electron card and only take hold baggage. 10 kg is quite a lot of clothes.
How do you carry your Liquid shampoo and cosmetics as they are not allowed in hand luggage are they ?????????????
. Cant go without my little essentials
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Denise you can carry liquids in the cabin but only in 100ml bottles which must all fit into the plastic bag (avaialble at the airports). I managed around 5 when I wanted to take my aloe vera juice away. Empty bottles available in Boots (cost more than when full of product!) or Superdrug - more reasonable.

Some products are now being sold in 100ml containers for holiday use.

However, its much easier if you simply buy what you want at Boots airside or when you get to your destination. Certainly as far as Spain is concerned there are very few brands you can get here that you can't buy there in the larger supermarkets.

Be careful though, certainly Ryanair are clamping down on 'extras' being taken on board - see their baggage allowance and 'news' sections.....
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Thanks Sue , for your advice
I am only going for a few days and try to save money by not paying extra luggage
Im such a meany .
But I guess if you want to fly back and fore often I try to make flights as cheap as possible Credit crunch tactics HEHE
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
How do you carry your Liquid shampoo and cosmetics as they are not allowed in hand luggage are they ?????????????
. Cant go without my little essentials
They do sell shampoo and stuff in Spain you know.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
They do sell shampoo and stuff in Spain you know.
Yeh just lazy,
Just want everything at hand with least effort.
One of these women who want to take everything,but the kichen sink type so this is quite an experience to travel so light this time
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Denise you can carry liquids in the cabin but only in 100ml bottles which must all fit into the plastic bag (avaialble at the airports). I managed around 5 when I wanted to take my aloe vera juice away. Empty bottles available in Boots (cost more than when full of product!) or Superdrug - more reasonable.
Can someone explain how the security risk of carrying liquid onto a plane is removed if you place the liquid in a small bottle and then that bottle is placed in a plastic bag (that normally costs 1 Eruo at the airport)!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Econ
Can someone explain how the security risk of carrying liquid onto a plane is removed if you place the liquid in a small bottle and then that bottle is placed in a plastic bag (that normally costs 1 Eruo at the airport)!
Seems stupid to me , but there must be a reason surely???????
That I cant see
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Seems stupid to me , but there must be a reason surely???????
That I cant see
I understood that it started off as a security issue because an explosive mix could be made up from several liquids... I couldn't understand that anyway, an explosive could be made up from a couple of substances moulded as shoe heels, handbags bases or other 'for example', so why block harmless liquids that where obviously just that? when an actual terrorist would bring in explosives another way. Maybe it is to make it look like something is being done 'as seems to be always the case now'. In other words it doesn't matter what it costs the public, as long as they think we are doing something.

Anyway, now that the restriction has been changed to the small amounts of liquid in special plastic bottles that are then placed in small plastic bags..... I wondered what the reasoning for prevention was that is behind this.

Last edited by Econ; Feb 1st 2009 at 2:06 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

It`s just a con so they can rip you off selling drinks after the customs check. ;-(
They still allow babies bottles through, UK make you taste them, Spain don`t bother, they also let us through with a two ltr bottle of mixed water/cordial for the two year old grand daughter.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 1st 2009 at 1:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.