Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

Gosh how wierd is that? I have been thinking about taking a portable Singer sewing machine to Spain and was so concerned about having it confiscated that I contacted BAA (that was not easy but they did respond). They said it would be find as long as it fitted within the size and weight limits but just in case, if I supplied by flight details they would ensure I had no problems at security! No mention of removing needles.

Sadly, however, when we checked the size it is 1cm over and would not fit in the cages so I have decided not to risk it after all, which is a shame....

Well done you for getting your through.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

On the subject of liquids and sharps etc., I would never knowingly risk it.

I took 4 x 100ml bottles which I had filled with Aloe Vera Juice through and they were closely scrutinised. I explained that I drank it to boost the immune system and offered to drink some from each bottle, they let me through.

Another time my husband was pulled up and his case searched thoroughly - then sent back through the scanner. We were questioned and had no idea what could be in it till they finally gave in and said "it looks like scissors?" (odd how they wont tell you what they are looking for.....). We still had no idea till they opened his A4 diary book and there were the offending scissors! He must have shut them inside not noticing they were there. He had been using them earlier that morning.