Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

So get an Electron card and only take hold baggage. 10 kg is quite a lot of clothes.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
We use Ryanair all the time from Stanstead to Jerez/Sevelle, (6 years now) you get what you pay for and if you understand how Ryanair works then you can get some really good prices. Kids have just booked to come out in August, 8 of them and they are paying £25.00 each, each way that's it all inclusive, OK no hold bags just cabin and there was a charge of £80.00 for the credit card booking but that is still a cheap deal.

I agree the space is very confined (I'm a larger lady and believe me I can't even have the food tray down coz of me boobs) but it is for two and a half hours no big deal, and there are plenty of very nice cheap B&B in the local area that give free pick-up service, and the trains and bus go into London as well as the surounding area. I have no gripes about them, not even when my son missed his flight because at the end of the day it was really down to him.
Holy crap, did you report them to your card company.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They charge £5 each, each way for payment handling!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Robbing gits.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Think £80 charge for your credit card was a bit stiff!
£10 each, yes it is bloody day light robbery but still a cheap flight.

Originally Posted by jdunbavin
They also have a checking in charge and charge for your suitcases.
That's why we never take hold cases and use their website to check in on-line, don't have priorty boarding either.

Originally Posted by jdr
Didn't know we could, I thought company's could charge what they wanted for use of credit card. When we book from Spain in Euros Maestro cards do not come up so we have to use our Spanish cards. Kids always use credit cards coz they are always skint.

Tim so you are the orange blob I keep seeing
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I thought they could only charge for each transaction, Squeezy is 2.75 quid, 1 or 100 passengers both ways.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
I thought they could only charge for each transaction, Squeezy is 2.75 quid, 1 or 100 passengers both ways.
I have to admit Jon I too thought it was per transaction, maybe someone should question this, you know maybe a call to the card provider is a good idea.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit Jon I too thought it was per transaction, maybe someone should question this, you know maybe a call to the card provider is a good idea.
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

The trouble is that you agree to it any way. Their charges are shown in the above link.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:50 pm

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

The trouble is that you agree to it any way. Their charges are shown in the above link.
Yes, I know that Tim I along with you must be the only peeps that read the small print but I was just thinking about what JDR said, But I am sure Ryanair has their @rse covered on this as they do on other things. Like I said before the flights are still cheap and we are happy to get wha we pay for at that price.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:28 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Booked via a Call Centre* star ay this * Up to 4 hours prior to your scheduled departure you can contact your local Ryanair reservations centre to add flight change fees (route/date/time), name change fees, infant fees, baggage fees, priority boarding fees, sports, infant equipment and musical instrument fee, this is subject to call centre opening hours

call centre uk number 10p per minute ( free my ass ) and for spain it 807 - English speaking 67c per minute ( again free my ass) that my donkey
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Booked via a Call Centre* star ay this * Up to 4 hours prior to your scheduled departure you can contact your local Ryanair reservations centre to add flight change fees (route/date/time), name change fees, infant fees, baggage fees, priority boarding fees, sports, infant equipment and musical instrument fee, this is subject to call centre opening hours

call centre uk number 10p per minute ( free my ass ) and for spain it 807 - English speaking 67c per minute ( again free my ass) that my donkey
Free your ass - no thanks!. ho ho
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

£10 each, yes it is bloody day light robbery but still a cheap flight.
Holy cr@p, I thought you had mis typed
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Holy cr@p, I thought you had mis typed
I booked flights yesterday with Ryanair and tried all the card options. It seems that the Visa Electron does not carry a fee and that is because this type of debit card does not allow you to go overdrawn. Therefore it can only be used if you have cleared funds and cuts the merchants (ie Ryanair) admin costs. Admittedly, £5 per flight is expensive but I'd rather give them a tenner on a return flight as they usually keenly priced to start with.

Am thinking about applying for one actually, as I could have saved myself £30 yesterday.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

So what is the average price of a flight in May June July you rekon?
I have checked our local airport and prices seem to be rising fast
Only BMI Baby at our local airport to Alicante
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:32 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

EasyJet cancels a flight between Sofia and Madrid
The suspension of a flight of low cost between Sofia and Madrid affects tens of travellers

18:59

* The EasyJet company had to cancel the flight to midnight by an intense Nevada
* The passengers, among them numerous Spaniards, did not receive attention of the company
* Many have spent the night in the airport or have looked for lodging by their account
* In its Web, EasyJet affirms that it will provide hotel and lodging in similar cases
http://www.rtve.es/noticias/espana/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.