Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Easy Jet - Think Twice

Old Dec 30th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Easy Jet - Think Twice

My son and son-in-law attempted to fly out of Gib yesterday morning due to the weather all flights were cancelled. BA and Monarch bussed their passengers to Malaga to catch flights but Easy Jet refused and after queuing for five hours with no representative to speak to they were told to find their own way to Malaga, they couldn´t get on the evening flight as that was by then full or they could catch the next morning flight. No offer was made to find hotel accommodation, no vouchers for refreshments were given and basically it was "fend for yourself". My son is a student has no access to money to get a taxi to Malaga from Gib or for a hotel and had to borrow money from my son in law. There was a woman there with three young children who again was told to get herself to Malaga who was in tears. So much for European Directiion No 261/2004.:curse:
Old Dec 30th 2008, 3:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Jet - Think Twice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
My son and son-in-law attempted to fly out of Gib yesterday morning due to the weather all flights were cancelled. BA and Monarch bussed their passengers to Malaga to catch flights but Easy Jet refused and after queuing for five hours with no representative to speak to they were told to find their own way to Malaga, they couldn´t get on the evening flight as that was by then full or they could catch the next morning flight. No offer was made to find hotel accommodation, no vouchers for refreshments were given and basically it was "fend for yourself". My son is a student has no access to money to get a taxi to Malaga from Gib or for a hotel and had to borrow money from my son in law. There was a woman there with three young children who again was told to get herself to Malaga who was in tears. So much for European Directiion No 261/2004.:curse:
One to avoid
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Hi

Yes, Easyjet are a joke!. That is pretty bad that they basically left people hanging around to sort themselves out when, esp disturbing to hear about the family you mentioned.

When we have flown with them they seem surley and patronising!. I can completely empathise with you, they are not that great at all. The check in staff constantly seem to have an inferiority complex and on this sort of stupid power trip. They balled and shouted at one passenger in the gate lounge as his bag would not quite fit the mouse box cage for hand luggage. It was made out to be a state crime or something!. How mortifying for this elderly gentleman and his wife. The man was not great with his sight and hearing and were only on their way to see their family.

Easyjet are rude and arrogant and we will never ever use them again!

Mind you, I tell you another one to avoid is Virgin Atlantic (on their new Australia to London route). Quite rude too, and really patronising in their literature, basically outlining that all passengers were oiks, had no brain and were devoid of any iota of common sense. Even in the pre-flight demo's they stopped and said over the microphone "we are now going to do this all over again, cos a certain number of people are not paying attention". Fine, I accept the safety aspect, but this was said in a primary school teachers voice to a Y1 level student!. Shame on you Virgin - this may explain why the fare was sooooo cheap!. The staff onboard could not really be arsed to do much at all, and the female staff were argumentative on and off along the way and bitching about this and that person in their airline.

I will only fly Singapore Airlines to Australia again thanks.

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Forget european directives, we had this with Ryanair earlier in the month. Doncaster airport was ice bound, no flights landing.

Once a flight is cancelled they have to do no more than offer you a refund of the ticket price. If they offer you a flight from another airport it is classed as a new booking. it is then up to you to present yourself at the airport, not up to them to get you there.

There is a big difference between delayed and cancelled. that is why ryanair flights are never delayed, they would have to provide drink, food and accomodation under the treaty. It is cheaper for them to cancel than delay a flight. The same would be for any other airline as well, so this is not a cheap shot at ryanair.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

would not be fair to say "you get what you pay for" if you want the sort of service BA or Singapore Airlines offer, then you have to pay their prices. If you want low cost fairs, then you have to accept cut price service?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all

Some times you have no choice but to go low costs. The only direct flights out of Seville to London are low costs!!!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:39 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

i bring that to the Small Claims Procedure courts , and you see them payying up fast ..... , in the case off ice , there diffrent laws but bad weather and next airport open , that sould sorted you out

not on and there laws for that
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:13 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Our Goddaughter left us Sunday at 4 pm to get to Gib for the 6.55 Easyjet flight. She checked in and was then told that the flight was cancelled due to fog. Admittedly, they did bus them to Malaga but she eventually arrived home at 3.30am. She had a bad cold while she was with us so she was ill, tired and, to cap it all off, they had lost her luggage, together with that of 3 other passangers. The luggage has now been located, in Malaga. What a way to end Christmas.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:16 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

They are not known as Sleasyjet for nothing.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We always travel with them from Malaga and have never had a problem. ;-)
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:21 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jjh
Our Goddaughter left us Sunday at 4 pm to get to Gib for the 6.55 Easyjet flight. She checked in and was then told that the flight was cancelled due to fog. Admittedly, they did bus them to Malaga but she eventually arrived home at 3.30am. She had a bad cold while she was with us so she was ill, tired and, to cap it all off, they had lost her luggage, together with that of 3 other passangers. The luggage has now been located, in Malaga. What a way to end Christmas.

We had a simular thing with Ryanair at Jerez, we dropped our visitors off, when we got home we had a phone call to say the flight was cancelled and they should return the next morning. When we went back to collect them they were told that all the passengers had to check in and go throw to the gate before the staff could tell them that the in coming flight was not leaving UK because of bad weather. No help what so ever was offered, people were stranded at Jerez and unlike Seville it shut's it's door after the last flight so no one could stay there for the night.

The same year we dropped our son at Seville airport he had 2 small children with him, he was at the gate waiting for his flight and the wrong flight was posted on the information screen. Un-beknown to him his flight boarded, the two young lady's closed the gate when everyone had gone through and then walked over to our son and said "do you want the Stansted flight" he said "yes" they said "oh you have missed it, we have boraded that plaine and shut the gate" and walked off leaving him sitting there with the kids.

I know anyone with half ounce of sense would have have noticed that everyone had left the departure lounge but then this is my son we are talking about ven so these young lady's must have known he was waiting for this flight and yet they seem to think it was funny that he had just sat there and missed it.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:18 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

airport do make mistakes aswell , you have to have your eyes open and keepping eye on tv screens and keep asking , even when you go airside , was in Barcelona International Airport few years ago and was told by staff to go to gate no and while i was moving over to airside that change the gate , it very long airport ,
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:02 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I know this wont be the popular opinion, but although my opinion of the owner of Ryanair is low, I have flown with them twice recently with no problem with no problems. One of those occasions was for free (plus tax). Easy Jet operate on the same sort of basis.

But what can we expect from a a cheap no frills airline that offers extremely low cost flights? Should we expect the same service as the scheduled airlines such as BA etc? If so, then forget your cheap flights .... they will have to put the prices right up to take account of all the additional costs.

Its a sad fact of life really as regards these airlines ... we can't have it both ways unfortunately
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
We always travel with them from Malaga and have never had a problem. ;-)
We used them plenty of times too and had no more problems than with any other airline
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I use Easyjet from either Almeria or Malaga and have never had any problems always polite etc, same goes for the staff at Gatwick.

The crew have always been very helpful and courteous and I fly regularly, sound slike you had the one bad apple. I dont think of them as sleasyjet at all, I think Monarch have tighter leg room and the crew tend to be quite surly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.