Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Mark

I have never been told anything about being part of an euc and have had full minutes from each AGM, so no, I don't think so. I do know that now that there are 4 developments finished we were told we had to form a super community to take over the access road and tennis courts that IC had up to then been paying for.

We definitely pay a couple of hundred more IBI tax than the marina apartments, the only reason we can come up with is that when I looked at the IC super plan the golf apts were designated differently to the marina apts, from memory the marina apts were designated 'touristica' and the golf was...erm....touristica/residential...or something like that.

The apts were all sold off plan, don't think anyone lives there all year round. There are about 60 apts in our community and from what I can see around half a dozen are for sale. Not sure that the community charge is so offputting as the unrealistic price most seem to expect
you have probibly paid for the new duel carriageway and bridge as you live closest to it may be you should set up a toll to catch all the marina and beach crowd. if everything is private from the entrance it does seem excessive for basically a bin service
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mark donna
i dont know what your financial situation is but i feel your being a little bit flippant when you say so what if it costs a little bit extra the facts are that from the previous years budgets my community fees rose 30% the intercommunity 84% (plus a 1 off payment) and the council tax 10% take in the level of sterling and that is quite a strain on my and i would assume many other peoples incomes especially in these difficult times a three bedroom townhouse is already around 2000 euro per annum without the extra charge i know of quite a few residents who are threatening to just walk away as the fees are crippling them and this would have a detrimental effect on the ones who remain as less homes occupied would mean less money in the coffers. it would be interesting to know what other urbs pay in other areas so we could have some kind of benchmark
It is not extra...it was always going to be an EUC. It is perhaps that we did not know about it.

I guess a lot of people jumped on the overseas property band wagon without knowing all the details and costs. On the bright side euro base rate as reduced i think by 25%....so those with a mortgage....will be better off....ok sterling down anywhere between 40 and 30%....so those with a mortgage say 20% worse off.

Not ideal....but there was always an exchange rate risk.

On the plus side...if I could sell my CE property....allowing for a 30% slump in prices....I would probably break even in Sterling.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
It is not extra...it was always going to be an EUC. It is perhaps that we did not know about it.

I guess a lot of people jumped on the overseas property band wagon without knowing all the details and costs. On the bright side euro base rate as reduced i think by 25%....so those with a mortgage....will be better off....ok sterling down anywhere between 40 and 30%....so those with a mortgage say 20% worse off.

On the plus side...if I could sell my CE property....allowing for a 30% slump in prices....I would probably break even in Sterling.
Hi
I saw that the GBP/Euro touched 1.023 just after new year... as you say great if one can sell euro proerty and convert to sterling. I was in the UK over Xmas and the New Year and was buying champagne cheaper on the ferry (in Sterling) than I get on the continent! So I bought booze on the ferry/UK to take back to Belgium (where we pay the same as France) - that included French classics like champers and cognac, which was about 20% cheaper. Whats that about coals and Newcastle and snow and eskimos!

We used Norfolk line from Dunkirk-Dover a bit longer but a quantum leap in comfort and service, and of course these great booze deals (which paid for the tickets). Eurotunnel had terribly limited services whose timings didnt work, the tunnels arent fully open yet.

This must have killed the 'booze-run' trade just across the water in Calais.

Does anybody know please..

1. If the administrators had the properties in CE officially valued as part of the asset calculation... and ... if anyone knows the result of that (as it will set our values)

2. When the administrators will release all the vacant MF properties for sale.

Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody.

If 2009 in CE/Ayamonte/Spain/Portugal can be half as much fun as we had in 08 then we are eager for it to continue... and delighted with our purchase. And over time it can only get better.... especially as more plots get built on and more people move in, and all the infrastructure eventualy gets done i.e Hotel, Commercial centre and Marins (perhaps - still dubious about that - but excited at the possibility)

Regards
Jon
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi Jon,

The values I have seen posted (a download on here I think) were gross figures. There were three one done on behalf of the judge which was the lowest and done by a Brit company, the others done on behalf of MF were higher. Varied shall we say from 7-11 billion with liabilities at say 6 billion so he declared that with less than a billion difference they were viable to trade out of Administration. Of course that was a snapshot view across assets in several countries and mainly composed of land a lot of it with hope value so what the value will be this time next year who knows? I would have thought that they would try to sell completed assets as soon as possible.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marisol
I'm very happy of having bought a house in CE, in fact, the more time i spend there, the more i like it. The people i have already met are very nice people and i have had a very good time with them. CE looks fantastic and you can see the improvement each time you go there and as the days go by.
About this euc tax, it's something that its already paid for people who live in Punta del Moral and Isla Canela. This tax depends on the Ayuntamiento.
i cant understand why there are people who talk so bad about CE but my opinion is completely the opposite and besides that, i repeat that the development of CE, to a great extent, depends on us. I think there are always people who see the glass half empty instead of seing it half full.
As Carol said "Viva Costa Esuri" and "Viva Ayamonte"
marisol
We have just been driving round Costa Esuri and as always each time we visit it looks better than before. It was also pleasing to read that even with a low valuation MF assets outweigh their liabilities by a good margin, not a bad result in this climate.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:32 am
Just Joined

DrakeS is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a variable rate Spanish mortgage on our property at Marina Esuri and far from our mortgage decreasing the December and January payments have increased by Euro 50+. Our mortgage is with Cajasur and my previous contact there, Juan Rafael Ruiz, seems to no longer be there and I have not received replies to any of the emails or fax messages I have sent querying this. In addition, I have a debit on my account for an electricity bill from Endesa at the end of November for Euro 111 and a further one in December for Euro 56, and we have not visited Esuri since September and all utilities are switched off.
Does anyone have a contact at Cajasur who speaks English.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

esuriplotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
This is almost like trying to decrypt code what does the email tell us, is it any different to the info that was posted on here before Christmas about the meeting between Intercommunity presidents and the Mayor organised by Fadesa and ADA for the 31st of December. All plot owners were to be invited to that meeting my invite arrived this week.

What we need to know is what was the outcome of the meeting and if the EUC was set up who is the President and were ADA appointed the Administrators?

There is already a monitoring group set up by "Arthur" who is President of one of the communities on Marina Esuri but he was excluded from the public meeting on the 31st. He has however started to list email addresses for all concerned owners and does communicate what he finds out. Look back to early December and add yourself to his list there is strength in numbers. If ADA are in the driving seat they can be deposed at the annual meeting but it will take a tremendous effort to outvote Fadesa who I guess still own a majority of property on Esuri.

However it does help if anyone has info to post it and not speak in guarded terms about matters that affect everyone not just the owners on this or that development. Knowledge is power!
Hi John&Kath,

I am a plotter and never received any invitation to the EUC meeting. I contacted my solicitor, who first contacted Fadesa. And then he called the town hall, who informed him that I would receive an invite from Fadesa. When asked if I could just show up with a letter from my solicitor confirming ownership of the plot, he was told to advise me against it, as there may be a lot of confusion if I arrived without an invite and that they may not let me in as the meeting may be full of people who held an invite.

I therefore stayed in the UK. I would not necessarily have opposed this, as I am not necessarily against paying an extra community charge. But is this not included in our council tax? In any event, I think that it is unacceptable that I was not sent an invitation, as I in fact own a plot on Esuri. There are many, many plots on Esuri, and if all of us were not invited, or invited belatedly, it certainly looks like they were trying to pull a fast one!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

esuriplotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luz
Why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory
As you so rightly stated Yorkshire Scratcher, ADA had nothing to do with the meeting and were not present. They did not accompany the Fadesa representatives. The Presidents of ADA administered properties did not sit with the Fadesa representatives nor did they act as advisors. Neither party was sympathetic to the other.
Sometimes information has to be sought out, as many people on this thread do. If nobody choose to investigate when the meeting was going ahead then should we blame a third party for that?
As far back as the 17th. December Roger77 told us about the EUC. Did people ask their administrators to find out more? Did administrators try and find out more? All the information was in the public domain for anyone who choose to seek it out and attend the meeting.
Presidents could attend the meeting provided they could prove who they were ie; the minutes book from the meeting when they were elected President.
The meeting did not consist of "those people designated by Fadesa and invited by ADA"
It seems that if hearsay is repeated over and over then it becomes reality - a very frightening prospect.
Sorry - just joined and read this. I own a plot and my solicitor deliberately contacted both Fadesa and the Ayamonte council to secure my presence at the meeting more than a week before the 31st. I had been informed by a friend, who lives in the houses and occasionally read this forum, where she found out about the EUC meeting.

My solicitor was informed by the council that I should not attend without an invitation, which should arrive any day. Without an invite I could not be admitted due to the confusion of the many attendants. A letter, as suggested by my solicitor, in which he confirms my ownership of the plot was still deemed insufficient.

Hence I believe that we were simply not welcome. My wife and I have no qualms about paying any reasonable charges, and would probably not have had anything against the EUC. But the mere fact that we were more or less requested to stay away makes us very suspicious.

I am sorry to sound negative. I have read other posts, in which people asking questions were deemed negative and then slated for it. But I had great plans for my house, and every extra penny paid is another penny off my villa!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

CAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really nice

Costa Esuri EUC - Good or Bad?

Regardless of whether or not we should all have been invited, an EUC for the whole of Costa Esuri (CE) was formed on 31st December. On the face of it, all is now well. A committee has been formed, presided over by the mayor of Ayamonte, with members fairly reasonably representative of the various owners at CE. Moreover, Ayamonte town hall holds a 6 million € guarantee from MF for use in rectifying any deficiencies in the facilities promised in their original plans. The EUC can then decide what addition features, over and above those provided by MF and those provided by the Council from Ayamonte local authority funds, need to plovided, as paid for by funds provided by CE owners. It all sound very good.

However!!!

The CE EUC Committee is better described as a benevolent dictatorship rather than a democratic organization The members are self appointed and will decide how much money they take from me, and how they will use it, without me having any say in this, or having any vote to register any objections I may have. History tells me that benevolent dictatorships have a habit of becoming less benevolent with time.

Furthermore, all owners at CE pay (or at least should pay) council tax, and are therefore entitled to the same local authority benefits as those provided to house holders at Ayamonte. Thus, for example, if a street light fails on a street in Ayamonte, the local authority is reasonable for its repair and paying for it from council funds. Similarly, any street lighting repair required at CE should be organised and paid for from Ayamonte Council funds. Is there not a danger that this and other such expenditure will be paid for from EUC funds? Thus, CE owners will be finding themselves having to pay for the same thing twice, ie from both their council tax and their EUC sub.

I am of the view that, until it has been established what support Ayamonte Council is providing for CE, it would be premature for any CE EUC funds to be spent at all. I am not all that unhappy at the thought of having to pay the 10€ per month subscription envisaged by the RAGO 2 President, but would it remain that low? (The 22€ per month (264€ per year) envisaged by the Oracle would be a bigger pill to swallow.) Furthermore, who pays and who should not pay? Should plot owners, who have not yet started to build, pay? How do you collect money from plot owners who have built, but have no established Community? Consequently, I am against subscribing to EUC funds until the situation has become much clearer than it is at present. However, I'm not confident that Spanish Law will allow me to resist making such payments, although if there was sufficiently strong opposition, even Spanish Law might find it irresistible

In the meantime, there is no reason why the EUC should not continue to function. Somebody needs to ensure that MF (now that they are apparently viable again) are indeed providing all that to which they were committed to in their plans. The EUC would also be a good medium for ensuring that the Ayamonte Council facilities provided at CE are comparable to those provided in down-town Ayamonte.

Taff
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

bank manager is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and a very warm welcome to you.

This thread on the Spain forum does wander about a bit and also has some contributors who dislike Esuri very strongy without owning property on the urbanisation so on occasion the temperature rises.

Your English is very good so you can be a great help to all of us who are not good with the Spanish language (we should be much much better).

If I could start you off with a question.

The new overarching body for the Urbanisation was formerly constituted at the end of December with the Mayor as the chairman and published some draft average costs. Since about mid-January there has been nothing. What has happened/is happening to this new body?

Warmest Regards,

John.

i know the council former by 6 people, the Major, one english representative, two fadesa members a promotor an a local solicitor has been having some meetings and they have already appoint a managing company and a company who will take care of the maintenace of teh place. The contrac has been already signed.

they way of payment the euc will be similar of the ibi tax and it will be payable every 3 months.. around 25 euros per month. This will include a security sistem for teh complex

hope this clarify some things
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by bank manager
i know the council former by 6 people, the Major, one english representative, two fadesa members a promotor an a local solicitor has been having some meetings and they have already appoint a managing company and a company who will take care of the maintenace of teh place. The contrac has been already signed.

they way of payment the euc will be similar of the ibi tax and it will be payable every 3 months.. around 25 euros per month. This will include a security sistem for teh complex

Yes many thanks for that when will they announce all this and tell us what is happening. Did they call for tenders for the management company or did they just give it to ADA as usual? Do they know about the EU law on open tendering?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bank Manager and welcome to the forum... I look forward to seeing your contributions. Thank you for the help and expect to get lots of questions

I am very doubtful about the Marina (even though I think it will be a huge positive for us). We heard that the mayor has put in the official minutes that the work has been approved and will start in 2010.

However as much as I would personally like it to start , I simply dont see how such a big and expensive project can be justified in these tough financial times. Sure it will bring employment and business into the area, but can anybody afford such a huge and expensive project I wonder... Even in a few years time!

Do you have any feelings about the Marina please? Will it start?, will the project be reviewed? etc.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 1st 2009 at 12:08 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

Welcome bank manager

Do you know which company will take care of the maintenance?
The security system is to protect us the residents or all the constructions around Esuri to save money to Fadesa and & ?
Do you know that we will be the first ones in Ayamonte with private security?
Why Isla Canela doesn´t have private security? Because they don´t pay EUC?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

bank manager is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yes we can
Welcome bank manager

Do you know which company will take care of the maintenance?
The security system is to protect us the residents or all the constructions around Esuri to save money to Fadesa and & ?
Do you know that we will be the first ones in Ayamonte with private security?
Why Isla Canela doesn´t have private security? Because they don´t pay EUC?
the company will be conforsevi.... the contract will be sign this week and about the security it will be a car 24 hours around costa esury detecting any extrange movement and will be coordinate with the police... i do not know how effective this will be but at least is soemthing.

for those that talk about the marina, yes you are 100% right all the legal has been done but until one comapany does not put the money down it wont start and it does not look like it at the moment.

one tip for everybody... check your bank account and see if the bank has increase the commisions .... if they have done it push them ... we need your money and if they do not help some other bank in town will.

ps if you complain to me i will kill you jajja
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

I thought Confort was a subsidiary of Fadesa set up to do maintenance.
I am sure that the EU rules require that this kind of contract s put out to open tender and the cheapest tenderer should be seleced.
The first failed attempt to charge the EUC in Isla Canela was about 60€ per year, and now they want 25€ per month? the law says can´t be more than 30% of your IBI tax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.