Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by mark donna
believe me i pay 1 adminastration company for the community and a differant admin company for the inter community and then i have a yearly council tax bill so with this new euc charge that is 4 differant charges
Hi Mark

I believe you, I am exactly in the same situation.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Luz
Why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory
As you so rightly stated Yorkshire Scratcher, ADA had nothing to do with the meeting and were not present. They did not accompany the Fadesa representatives. The Presidents of ADA administered properties did not sit with the Fadesa representatives nor did they act as advisors. Neither party was sympathetic to the other.
Sometimes information has to be sought out, as many people on this thread do. If nobody choose to investigate when the meeting was going ahead then should we blame a third party for that?
As far back as the 17th. December Roger77 told us about the EUC. Did people ask their administrators to find out more? Did administrators try and find out more? All the information was in the public domain for anyone who choose to seek it out and attend the meeting.
Presidents could attend the meeting provided they could prove who they were ie; the minutes book from the meeting when they were elected President.
The meeting did not consist of "those people designated by Fadesa and invited by ADA"
It seems that if hearsay is repeated over and over then it becomes reality - a very frightening prospect.
It seem that the less well informed we are the more we seem to fill in the gaps with negative sentiment.....and the more we repeat it....it some how becomes fact.

The reality appears to be that we own properties in Spain. We pay taxes, council tax and community fees. We would be required to pay such on properties and assetts in the UK...why should we expect it to be any different in Spain. The police, bin men and other services dont come free.

The coment about cleaning the smoke stained wall after the generator fire and complaining that hid not been cleaned...who is going to clean it...it will cost....someone has to pay. If something like this happened in say 10 years time when Fedesa had moved on....who would pay....Either the effected owners directly or the council.....which ever we pay.

No body said that owning a property in Spain would be cheap.

The biggest problem most face is lack of knowledge and information. Knowledge will come with experience...as for lack of information we can only press to be better informed by those who we pay to advise and those who represent our interests.

The EUC seems to have been a done deal and only needed to be ratified by setting up a commitee it seems (i may be wrong). The EUC may actually be a good thing...and things may get better at CE. Remember CE is part of Ayamonte....not a little Britain....if we want to integrate with Ayamonte have bus services, police, schools and other services....then we have to pay to have it serviced in that way. I am sure in the UK we would resist paying for imigrants holiday homes to be serviced without contribution.

It is in everyones best interests to have CE be a success that includes the local economy....if the EUC helps this along so much the better. If the mayor is involved (other than just a figure head) then so much the better.

Lets just wait and see what happens. There is only so much we can influence as owners....we cannot stop the EUC (and why should we....it may be a good thing)....if the committee is poor we may be able to change it....
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark donna
believe me i pay 1 adminastration company for the community and a differant admin company for the inter community and then i have a yearly council tax bill so with this new euc charge that is 4 differant charges
You should pay the main community charge, this includes roads, rubbish collection, lighting, gardens etc, plus maintenance. This is share paid by all the owners in the community.
If you live in a bloque then you get charged for the lighting, gardens, painting etc, of the bloque, this money is put in a kitty and paid out when needed. this is share paid by the owners of the bloque.
At the meetings you can put forward a decrease in this if you feel the kitty is getting too big, but the conditions you live in are governed by what is paid in. If the payments are too low, then when it is time to decorate it may have to be put back a couple of years.
You may find out this new one is being brought in to replace the original main community one.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
It seem that the less well informed we are the more we seem to fill in the gaps with negative sentiment.....and the more we repeat it....it some how becomes fact.

The reality appears to be that we own properties in Spain. We pay taxes, council tax and community fees. We would be required to pay such on properties and assetts in the UK...why should we expect it to be any different in Spain. The police, bin men and other services dont come free.

The coment about cleaning the smoke stained wall after the generator fire and complaining that hid not been cleaned...who is going to clean it...it will cost....someone has to pay. If something like this happened in say 10 years time when Fedesa had moved on....who would pay....Either the effected owners directly or the council.....which ever we pay.

No body said that owning a property in Spain would be cheap.

The biggest problem most face is lack of knowledge and information. Knowledge will come with experience...as for lack of information we can only press to be better informed by those who we pay to advise and those who represent our interests.

The EUC seems to have been a done deal and only needed to be ratified by setting up a commitee it seems (i may be wrong). The EUC may actually be a good thing...and things may get better at CE. Remember CE is part of Ayamonte....not a little Britain....if we want to integrate with Ayamonte have bus services, police, schools and other services....then we have to pay to have it serviced in that way. I am sure in the UK we would resist paying for imigrants holiday homes to be serviced without contribution.

It is in everyones best interests to have CE be a success that includes the local economy....if the EUC helps this along so much the better. If the mayor is involved (other than just a figure head) then so much the better.

Lets just wait and see what happens. There is only so much we can influence as owners....we cannot stop the EUC (and why should we....it may be a good thing)....if the committee is poor we may be able to change it....
Also, before we get bogged down complaining about the EUC committee. What if it was not quite properly done...what next? We pay for lawyers to challenge it.....I dont see a long que of complainers now each with there 100 euro into the legal fund.

And what if it is challaenged? The process starts again? The EUC is delayed in doing its job and CE suffers? And after all this we may all be back where we started.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

In the cold light of day, it appears to me that the way forward to flourish for the development called Costa Esuri is to invest in it more money and time. Please bear with me as I put my thoughts to paper, so to speak. As this is a discussion forum, I thought it would make an interesting topic. (Yes, I can find more cheerful, lighthearted topics! Save them for later, shall I?)

More taxation in the form of the fee set by the EUC (I have read that the average fee will be 22euros per month per property, depending on the size of property) by the owners of property at Costa Esuri. Indeed, this rate is on top of the IBI (plus manzana/bloque, plus intercommunity rates for which jdr has pointed out that only at meetings (reuniones, convocatorios) can the fees be changed or whatever...), for which people should pay regardless of how long you stay at your property.

The reality is that it costs more than had been expected. People want to know what they are paying for. True?

There is an argument which goes something like this:
Why should folk living in Ayamonte town centre or along the beachfront pay even more tax for the public transport, roads, lights & public gardens up at Costa Esuri? Why should they ( or “we” - including Costa Esuri taxpayers) pay more tax for the public roads, lights, etc at the beachfront apartments along Isla Canela to Punta del Moral?

Does the answer lie in my understanding that both developments (CE and IC) were funded by private money and not a public purse (as Yorkshire Scratcher has mentioned previously)?

By living in the hills, along the river, or beside the ocean, does this mean property owners there have more of a responsibility in the conservation of these public areas?

I believe when the resort Islantilla was built, it took several years before the EUC status was brought into play. In my (humble) understanding, Islantilla now is divided (in economic terms) between the ayuntamientos of Lepe and Isla Cristina. (I am uncertain whether or not Islantilla retains EUC status.) This is by the by...

It appears that the figurehead of CE is now the EUC (Entidad Urbanistica de Conservacion (de Costa Esuri). As John&Kath said, it seems to have happened quickly. Yet, according to the "estatutos" (2005) a meeting can be convened no earlier than 15 days following notification, and no later than 24 days (if I read correctly.)

The new committee is presided over by the Mayor of Ayamonte. I thank them for their time, as I do the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the different communities at CE.

I wish this committee much luck in their endeavours to provide to the residents and non-residents of Costa Esuri an openly democratic, clear, well informed, and realistic service for the future.

Viva Ayamonte! Viva Esuri!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carol&John
In the cold light of day, it appears to me that the way forward to flourish for the development called Costa Esuri is to invest in it more money and time. Please bear with me as I put my thoughts to paper, so to speak. As this is a discussion forum, I thought it would make an interesting topic. (Yes, I can find more cheerful, lighthearted topics! Save them for later, shall I?)

More taxation in the form of the fee set by the EUC (I have read that the average fee will be 22euros per month per property, depending on the size of property) by the owners of property at Costa Esuri. Indeed, this rate is on top of the IBI (plus manzana/bloque, plus intercommunity rates for which jdr has pointed out that only at meetings (reuniones, convocatorios) can the fees be changed or whatever...), for which people should pay regardless of how long you stay at your property.

The reality is that it costs more than had been expected. People want to know what they are paying for. True?

There is an argument which goes something like this:
Why should folk living in Ayamonte town centre or along the beachfront pay even more tax for the public transport, roads, lights & public gardens up at Costa Esuri? Why should they ( or “we” - including Costa Esuri taxpayers) pay more tax for the public roads, lights, etc at the beachfront apartments along Isla Canela to Punta del Moral?

Does the answer lie in my understanding that both developments (CE and IC) were funded by private money and not a public purse (as Yorkshire Scratcher has mentioned previously)?

By living in the hills, along the river, or beside the ocean, does this mean property owners there have more of a responsibility in the conservation of these public areas?

I believe when the resort Islantilla was built, it took several years before the EUC status was brought into play. In my (humble) understanding, Islantilla now is divided (in economic terms) between the ayuntamientos of Lepe and Isla Cristina. (I am uncertain whether or not Islantilla retains EUC status.) This is by the by...

It appears that the figurehead of CE is now the EUC (Entidad Urbanistica de Conservacion (de Costa Esuri). As John&Kath said, it seems to have happened quickly. Yet, according to the "estatutos" (2005) a meeting can be convened no earlier than 15 days following notification, and no later than 24 days (if I read correctly.)

The new committee is presided over by the Mayor of Ayamonte. I thank them for their time, as I do the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the different communities at CE.

I wish this committee much luck in their endeavours to provide to the residents and non-residents of Costa Esuri an openly democratic, clear, well informed, and realistic service for the future.

Viva Ayamonte! Viva Esuri!
From what I have been told..(which may not be correct) is that as part of the original land sale to Fadesa for the CE development....it was a condition that CE was to be subject to a EUC.

I am guessing here, but this may be like a housing estate in the UK having its public areas adopted or not as the case may be. The EUC adopts the public infra structure...ie Roads, Green spaces etc outside each urbanisation. The com charges we currently pay for for rubbish and other council provided services regardless of an adoption or EUC. The cost of maintaining the roads and green spaces has to be met by someone....if the development was not adopted we would all have to pay through some sort of private committee I guess...so paying for this has not changed....we would always have to pay.

Prior to MF problems MF was paying for this....so we were possibly getting something for free. I am not sure who has been maintaining since the MF problems....but again at no charge to the CE residents.

The euro 6 million bond is it appears a sort of waranty against defects with the infra structure....say that MF are released of their obligation to maintain by the EUC then the EUC has a route to call the bond to cover the cost of any defects....
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

There is a summary of what happened at the EUC Meeting from Michael H on Infoayamonte.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Roger77
Have you read the information backwards?
The “group of owners” as you so boldly highlight are not “willingly trying to take the council off the hook” and “increase their own costs”
they are trying to ensure the exact opposite.
They want the council to take on the responsibility wholly and to NOT pass back the costs to the owners of Costa Esuri.
The very little you do know about the EUC indicates that you are utterly confused.
And the fact that you believe you have no choice indicates you have not bothered to investigate this and are willing to
just accept it from those who told you and simply pay out.
And this is the problem; the few who have heard about it believe the same - that is exactly what those who “do” know about it are counting on.
Ive just logged back into this forum after my Xmas break. Wow what a stinging response Roger77... first time you have replied to one of my posts and you come out swinging and I think rude and arrogant. Is this type of response really necessary? You've got a problem I feel and suggest that you should keep it to yourself instead of 'losing it' publically.

Anyway based on this emotional outburst I will be avoiding and not trusting any info posted by Roger77. I respect people who can articulate their points politely, especially on the first contact. If they cant do that, I question their validity in all things.

Thanks John for your support later on and pointing out his misunderstanding.

Well I've had my say, Roger77 you can have the last one if you want, people like you often need to. I wont reply so you will 'win'
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Well I've had my say, Roger77 you can have the last one if you want, people like you often need to. I wont reply so you will 'win'
No
Please dont, you've both had your say, now lets keep to discussion rather than getting riled with each other, eh?

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa Esuri - Ayamonte

I'm very happy of having bought a house in CE, in fact, the more time i spend there, the more i like it. The people i have already met are very nice people and i have had a very good time with them. CE looks fantastic and you can see the improvement each time you go there and as the days go by.
About this euc tax, it's something that its already paid for people who live in Punta del Moral and Isla Canela. This tax depends on the Ayuntamiento.
i cant understand why there are people who talk so bad about CE but my opinion is completely the opposite and besides that, i repeat that the development of CE, to a great extent, depends on us. I think there are always people who see the glass half empty instead of seing it half full.
As Carol said "Viva Costa Esuri" and "Viva Ayamonte"
marisol
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by marisol
I'm very happy of having bought a house in CE, in fact, the more time i spend there, the more i like it. The people i have already met are very nice people and i have had a very good time with them. CE looks fantastic and you can see the improvement each time you go there and as the days go by.
About this euc tax, it's something that its already paid for people who live in Punta del Moral and Isla Canela. This tax depends on the Ayuntamiento.
i cant understand why there are people who talk so bad about CE but my opinion is completely the opposite and besides that, i repeat that the development of CE, to a great extent, depends on us. I think there are always people who see the glass half empty instead of seing it half full.
As Carol said "Viva Costa Esuri" and "Viva Ayamonte"
marisol
Spot on Marisol Viva Ayamonte and Viva Costa Esuri!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Marisol

Back in the UK after having been in Esuri for two weeks... loved every moment. Totally agree with your outlook... !
This forum is getting a little bogged down and it's nice to have a positive read now and again.
With regard to the EUC, so what if it costs a little extra, I'd rather the development was maintained in good order and not to solely rely on MF. The Court ruling may have said they were solvent, but that will not have any bearing on continuing development or maintenance of Esuri.

Regards to all !
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brizey
Thanks Marisol

Back in the UK after having been in Esuri for two weeks... loved every moment. Totally agree with your outlook... !
This forum is getting a little bogged down and it's nice to have a positive read now and again.
With regard to the EUC, so what if it costs a little extra, I'd rather the development was maintained in good order and not to solely rely on MF. The Court ruling may have said they were solvent, but that will not have any bearing on continuing development or maintenance of Esuri.

Regards to all !
i dont know what your financial situation is but i feel your being a little bit flippant when you say so what if it costs a little bit extra the facts are that from the previous years budgets my community fees rose 30% the intercommunity 84% (plus a 1 off payment) and the council tax 10% take in the level of sterling and that is quite a strain on my and i would assume many other peoples incomes especially in these difficult times a three bedroom townhouse is already around 2000 euro per annum without the extra charge i know of quite a few residents who are threatening to just walk away as the fees are crippling them and this would have a detrimental effect on the ones who remain as less homes occupied would mean less money in the coffers. it would be interesting to know what other urbs pay in other areas so we could have some kind of benchmark
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tricia
I'll swap ya We're on IC golf and pay 168 euros a month (started at 92 when we completed in 04, were told it would be around 60 !) & around 700 IBI tax. We have a 3 bed 3 bath so yes, so the co-efficient is higher. Could be worse, the penthouses are up to around 230 euros or so now
thats a good start id say your community fees are similar to our 3 bed corner houses but your ibi tax is at least a couple of hundred euros more expensive are you part of an euc or is that still to come also what percentage of apartments are occupied in your community and do you think the cost is putting prospective buyers off
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mark

I have never been told anything about being part of an euc and have had full minutes from each AGM, so no, I don't think so. I do know that now that there are 4 developments finished we were told we had to form a super community to take over the access road and tennis courts that IC had up to then been paying for.

We definitely pay a couple of hundred more IBI tax than the marina apartments, the only reason we can come up with is that when I looked at the IC super plan the golf apts were designated differently to the marina apts, from memory the marina apts were designated 'touristica' and the golf was...erm....touristica/residential...or something like that.

The apts were all sold off plan, don't think anyone lives there all year round. There are about 60 apts in our community and from what I can see around half a dozen are for sale. Not sure that the community charge is so offputting as the unrealistic price most seem to expect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.