Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:05 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
P.TINKS's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 80
P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future
Default Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

We have just been informed that all residents on Esuri will some time in the future be responsible for the upkeep of the development (EUC).
Does anyone have any more information on this?
P.TINKS is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:24 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by P.TINKS View Post
We have just been informed that all residents on Esuri will some time in the future be responsible for the upkeep of the development (EUC).
Does anyone have any more information on this?
Yes thats the way it is. Most property will be in a closed community which is established when the property is first sold and you know about this already since you pay your community fees. The next level is an overarching community for Urb CE, all the existing communities would be part of that together with the Ayuntamiento. This community would look after things like the verges and drains seats and waste bins etc. and the council would formerly "adopt" the infrastructure.

This is all explained in David Searls book in the chapters on Horizontal Property Law see pages 355 -358 and in English this is the "Collaborating Urbanistic Entity of Maintenance and Management" shortened to EUC and is a quasi-public entity.

There was a row on a large up-market Urb in Marbella where well known people had property since they claimed they were paying twice for services once to the Town hall in council tax and again to the EUC for the same services but I can see counter arguments to that since the overall bill to the council is less if part of the cost has been borne direct by the EUC.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:28 am
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
Yes thats the way it is. Most property will be in a closed community which is established when the property is first sold and you know about this already since you pay your community fees. The next level is an overarching community for Urb CE, all the existing communities would be part of that together with the Ayuntamiento. This community would look after things like the verges and drains seats and waste bins etc. and the council would formerly "adopt" the infrastructure.

This is all explained in David Searls book in the chapters on Horizontal Property Law see pages 355 -358 and in English this is the "Collaborating Urbanistic Entity of Maintenance and Management" shortened to EUC and is a quasi-public entity.

There was a row on a large up-market Urb in Marbella where well known people had property since they claimed they were paying twice for services once to the Town hall in council tax and again to the EUC for the same services but I can see counter arguments to that since the overall bill to the council is less if part of the cost has been borne direct by the EUC.
PS they say it takes at least 10 years to get to the EUC stage and with Fadesa's woes who knows how long. On the up side the council are already involved since the Mayor agreed to keep up the Fadesa infrastructure maintenance at a reduced level
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:47 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 21
Roger77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

This a really important issue that not many people know about because they have not been informed.

Contact : c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

A group of owners on Costa Esuri are trying to contact other owners in an effort to stop the implementation of the EUC. (Urbanistic Entity of Maintenance and Management).

Put very simply, an EUC will create a “community” from the entire development of Costa Esuri, with a private management company taking on the care and maintenance of the common public areas.

The areas which are at present being looked after by the council.


What this means for us all is more community charges; in addition to those already being paid–not instead of. And yes, we will still have to pay our council tax.

The aim is to inform owners of facts so that you are made aware of what your options are.

The aim is not intended to influence or coerce anyone’s thoughts or decisions and if you feel this to be the case, then you have the choice not to contact the group for information.

If you want to make contact with other concerned owners then contact the email address.

The email address is written with spaces to prevent spambots reading it. Just remember to close all the spaces before you email.
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
Roger77 is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2008, 12:56 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Roger77 View Post
This a really important issue that not many people know about because they have not been informed.

Contact : c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

A group of owners on Costa Esuri are trying to contact other owners in an effort to stop the implementation of the EUC. (Urbanistic Entity of Maintenance and Management).

Put very simply, an EUC will create a “community” from the entire development of Costa Esuri, with a private management company taking on the care and maintenance of the common public areas.

The areas which are at present being looked after by the council.

What this means for us all is more community charges; in addition to those already being paid–not instead of. And yes, we will still have to pay our council tax.

The aim is to inform owners of facts so that you are made aware of what your options are.

The aim is not intended to influence or coerce anyone’s thoughts or decisions and if you feel this to be the case, then you have the choice not to contact the group for information.

If you want to make contact with other concerned owners then contact the email address.

The email address is written with spaces to prevent spambots reading it. Just remember to close all the spaces before you email.
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
I wholeheartedly agree that in the face of the immense changes now forced upon us by world events the whole of Urb CE should band together to react and respond to all proposals and eventualities.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:54 pm
  #6  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,908
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
I wholeheartedly agree that in the face of the immense changes now forced upon us by world events the whole of Urb CE should band together to react and respond to all proposals and eventualities.
I dont understand, why would any group of owners willingly try and take the council off the hook and increase their own costs?

Sounds weird and very masochistic to me!

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

The very little that I know about the EUC is that we have no choice, this will happen and Ive been expecting to pay

1. Community charges for our bit or in our case manzana
2 Inter-community charges for all the 3 common areas. For most people 1 and 2 are ADA, the same crowd, but actually 2 separate accountings
3. EUC for the site as a whole.

If there is any way for the comune of Ayamonte to remain responsible for the EUC-stuff I think everybody would want it. The cant complain as after all they are receiving a BUNCH of taxes from us all and so are required to provide a set of services, road maintenance, trash collection etc.....

I thought the EUC was for the 'special stuff' over and above the normal responsibilities of the commune. If anyone knows more please advise.

Regards

Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:12 pm
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
I dont understand, why would any group of owners willingly try and take the council off the hook and increase their own costs?

Sounds weird and very masochistic to me!

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

The very little that I know about the EUC is that we have no choice, this will happen and Ive been expecting to pay

1. Community charges for our bit or in our case manzana
2 Inter-community charges for all the 3 common areas. For most people 1 and 2 are ADA, the same crowd, but actually 2 separate accountings
3. EUC for the site as a whole.

If there is any way for the comune of Ayamonte to remain responsible for the EUC-stuff I think everybody would want it. The cant complain as after all they are receiving a BUNCH of taxes from us all and so are required to provide a set of services, road maintenance, trash collection etc.....

I thought the EUC was for the 'special stuff' over and above the normal responsibilities of the commune. If anyone knows more please advise.

Regards

Jon
If you are out between February and April come up to my place for a G&T and read my David Searl chapter on this. As I said before an up market development in Marbella complained about just this (Simon Cowell) they think you pay twice for the same service as reported I think in the Daily Mail. See my post #4472
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:19 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 21
Roger77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Have you read the information backwards?
The “group of owners” as you so boldly highlight are not “willingly trying to take the council off the hook” and “increase their own costs”
they are trying to ensure the exact opposite.
They want the council to take on the responsibility wholly and to NOT pass back the costs to the owners of Costa Esuri.
The very little you do know about the EUC indicates that you are utterly confused.
And the fact that you believe you have no choice indicates you have not bothered to investigate this and are willing to
just accept it from those who told you and simply pay out.
And this is the problem; the few who have heard about it believe the same - that is exactly what those who “do” know about it are counting on.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl View Post
I dont understand, why would any group of owners willingly try and take the council off the hook and increase their own costs?

Sounds weird and very masochistic to me!

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

The very little that I know about the EUC is that we have no choice, this will happen and Ive been expecting to pay

1. Community charges for our bit or in our case manzana
2 Inter-community charges for all the 3 common areas. For most people 1 and 2 are ADA, the same crowd, but actually 2 separate accountings
3. EUC for the site as a whole.

If there is any way for the comune of Ayamonte to remain responsible for the EUC-stuff I think everybody would want it. The cant complain as after all they are receiving a BUNCH of taxes from us all and so are required to provide a set of services, road maintenance, trash collection etc.....

I thought the EUC was for the 'special stuff' over and above the normal responsibilities of the commune. If anyone knows more please advise.

Regards

Jon
Roger77 is offline  
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:31 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 21
Roger77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

John you regularly refer to David Searl’s book; you are on the right track, it is a great book to introduce the reader to the ways of the ‘Community in Spain’.
It is however only an introduction, an ABC, a very simple guide.
Unfortunately what is written barely touches the sides of what actually goes on in Communities.
As well as referring the reader to community laws as written, Davis Searl also refers the reader to the potential implications when developers and administration companies work together for their own ends and not the ends of the newly signed up property owners; ie Costa Esuri.
Aside from you quoting to forum readers, the sections which state the obligation and necessity of the EUC. For a balanced view, please also refer the readers on BE to the sections which indicate the buck being passed from the developer back to the new property owners in order to pay to complete the works they started; by setting up an EUC.
These sections relate more accurately to the real facts of life on a community.


Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
If you are out between February and April come up to my place for a G&T and read my David Searl chapter on this. As I said before an up market development in Marbella complained about just this (Simon Cowell) they think you pay twice for the same service as reported I think in the Daily Mail. See my post #4472
Roger77 is offline  
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:32 pm
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Roger77 View Post
Have you read the information backwards?
The “group of owners” as you so boldly highlight are not “willingly trying to take the council off the hook” and “increase their own costs”
they are trying to ensure the exact opposite.
They want the council to take on the responsibility wholly and to NOT pass back the costs to the owners of Costa Esuri.
The very little you do know about the EUC indicates that you are utterly confused.
And the fact that you believe you have no choice indicates you have not bothered to investigate this and are willing to
just accept it from those who told you and simply pay out.
And this is the problem; the few who have heard about it believe the same - that is exactly what those who “do” know about it are counting on.
I think you have mis-read Jons post he is making the point that owners would not willingly become part of an EUC if they have choice.

He like me understands that the Law in Spain requires this to happen at some stage, the later the better in my view say 10 - 20 years down the line.

It would be interesting to know if any of the developments at Canela have yet reached the EUC formation stage some have been around for about 20 years.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:41 pm
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,896
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by Roger77 View Post
John you regularly refer to David Searl’s book; you are on the right track, it is a great book to introduce the reader to the ways of the ‘Community in Spain’.
It is however only an introduction, an ABC, a very simple guide.
Unfortunately what is written barely touches the sides of what actually goes on in Communities.
As well as referring the reader to community laws as written, Davis Searl also refers the reader to the potential implications when developers and administration companies work together for their own ends and not the ends of the newly signed up property owners; ie Costa Esuri.
Aside from you quoting to forum readers, the sections which state the obligation and necessity of the EUC. For a balanced view, please also refer the readers on BE to the sections which indicate the buck being passed from the developer back to the new property owners in order to pay to complete the works they started; by setting up an EUC.
These sections relate more accurately to the real facts of life on a community.
I have done this many times in the past particularly where the developer still owns a majority of property and does not pay his dues and also where commercial development has been completed and not occupied and again do not pay their dues. A search of my posts will turn up these but some might be on earlier versions of this thread.

I am afraid the Law is the Law and we will not change that but we can endeavor to mitigate the impact as much as possible. For instance I am amazed that only One Manzana on the whole of Esuri has dismissed the administrator that was foisted on them by Fadesa and opted for a cheaper and better solution. We need to be very wary that the same administrator is not proposed for the EUC whenever it comes!
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:58 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
lomas2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by John & Kath View Post
If you are out between February and April come up to my place for a G&T and read my David Searl chapter on this. As I said before an up market development in Marbella complained about just this (Simon Cowell) they think you pay twice for the same service as reported I think in the Daily Mail. See my post #4472
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I have a house on M2, but am very rarely there. I bought it for us to retire to in about 10 years. Can you explain what this EUC is about?

My friends tell me that this has already happened, but I don't remember being asked.

Are we not all supposed to have been asked/informed about this?

I am very worried, the euro is too expensive against the pound for me to ignore more charges.
lomas2 is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:43 pm
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ayamonte
Posts: 868
guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Re The EUC

I have emailed a copy of an Email we received at RAGO1 to you
guesswork is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:27 pm
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 10
Nedkelly2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CostaEsuri - EUC URGENT

Originally Posted by lomas2 View Post
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I have a house on M2, but am very rarely there. I bought it for us to retire to in about 10 years. Can you explain what this EUC is about?

My friends tell me that this has already happened, but I don't remember being asked.

Are we not all supposed to have been asked/informed about this?

I am very worried, the euro is too expensive against the pound for me to ignore more charges.
Hello Lomas 2
I am also concerned however, your friends obviously know more about this than me or others on the forum. Please tell us what they have to say in more detail.
Regards
Ned
Nedkelly2 is offline  
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:22 am
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
lomas2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by guesswork View Post
Re The EUC

I have emailed a copy of an Email we received at RAGO1 to you
Thanks for this - but why were we never informed of any of this? It appeared to have happened very quickly.

The euro and the pound is almost equal now, and I am getting slightly worried about the situation. With the mortgage increased in pounds due to the rate, any extra charges really count now.

It appears that Steve Tipper is very well informed. I wish that he was our president! I have written to both our president and our intercommunity president, but have never received any reply.

Does anybody know who will actually be in charge of this? Will it be AEA? Or ADA? If so, it is bound to be very expensive. We appear to be paying a lot more than people administered by other companies. I have been to the ADA office many times, but I get a distinct feeling of being fobbed of every time.

Really worried - would actually sell if the market wasn't so bad. ( Snip, removed because it was hearsay, before posting stuff like that make sure you have the necessary proof. )

Last edited by jdr; Jan 10th 2009 at 12:46 pm.
lomas2 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.