Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British standards ???

British standards ???

Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:35 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British standards ???

It must be nice to have such a simple view if life.
Questions for your both JT and MM.
Statement of agreement,
Forced marriages are wrong in a developed society.
So you make them illegal.
How do you then stop parents with traditional views from sending their daughters to countries where the act is not illegal.
Do you make it illegal for anyone from the Indian sub continent under the age of 16 to leave the UK. ( you cannot because of human rights legislation ).

You keep condemming but you have no suggestions on how to solve the problem .
I suppose your solution is to send all immigrants back to their home countries so that the Uk no longer has the problem even though the problem and abuse still exists.
I do not rank child abuse according to race and circumstances, all are appalling and in what we call a civilsed country we should be doing everything we can to prevent it.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So forced marriage is bad but forced adoptions is bad... because one is muslim and the other is christian I assume?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:34 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So forced marriage is bad but forced adoptions is bad... because one is muslim and the other is christian I assume?
now I am confused.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 5:43 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it should have read , forced adoptions are not bad,
You are easily confused.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
You talk a load rubbish, te nazi atrocities were years ago, so leave the past in the past, and yo shold be condeming what is happening in the UK right now.

All yor banging on about what the catholics or vikings believed in the year dot is irrelevant.

Mentally handicapped people used to be put in the stocks and pelted with rotten fruit, but we have moved on, we burnt witches but we hve moved on.

I would like to hear you and AN(other) condem the "forced marriage in the UK" issue, without the smoke screen of what others religions did in the past.
But the past informs the future or we will never learn.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

You talk a load rubbish, te nazi atrocities were years ago, so leave the past in the past, and yo shold be condeming what is happening in the UK right now.

All yor banging on about what the catholics or vikings believed in the year dot is irrelevant.

Mentally handicapped people used to be put in the stocks and pelted with rotten fruit, but we have moved on, we burnt witches but we hve moved on.

I would like to hear you and AN(other) condem the "forced marriage in the UK" issue, without the smoke screen of what others religions did in the past.
I fear that you and others are finding new "witches" to burn.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 7:59 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
I fear that you and others are finding new "witches" to burn.
What are you talking about?

If the was no problem with this, then there would not have been a TV programme about it then would there?

the producers would not have done a sting to catch out the mosques that perform these ceremonies.

Maybe you and others do not care so much because the main sufferers are female.

Some are more concerned about a handful of "innocent" men who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (yeh) and are in Gantanamo, than thousands of young girls. YKWYA

Sexism is fine though isn´t it?

And if it is a wicth hunt, that is was is needed, and just so you have some insight into the problem, I am sending the link to Karma Nirvana.

http://www.karmanirvana.org.uk/
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think the best comment has been posted so far on this subject and anything I, or anyone else adds is just worthless.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:16 pm
Banned

I actually think the best comment has been posted so far on this subject and anything I, or anyone else adds is just worthless.

Agreed, I was the one who posted it.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 9:04 pm
Straw Man.

Agreed, I was the one who posted it.
You believe whatever you want to believe love.... whatever gets you through the day.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the endless flow of diversionary tactics by the usual suspects who would obviously prefer to bury their heads in the sand or even discuss the price of cheese rather than face up to the issues in question, me me clearly won the day, IMHO of course.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:29 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Despite the endless flow of diversionary tactics by the usual suspects who would obviously prefer to bury their heads in the sand or even discuss the price of cheese rather than face up to the issues in question, me me clearly won the day, IMHO of course.
Oh dear god Dick, how old are you? Seriously man, how old are you?
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:29 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Matt - OK so perhaps you have made a mistake, but you have made a good one because you are perfectly right in that forced marriages and forced adoptions are equally bad, irrespective of who enforces it.

However the latter can quite easily happen as State Imposed "for the good of the child" even though the child(ren) have expressed a contrary view.
And there are also the opposite ends of that spectrum where children are left with abusive parents "for the good of the child" where perhaps a forced adoption would have meant one less child death.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:51 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Domino
Matt - OK so perhaps you have made a mistake, but you have made a good one because you are perfectly right in that forced marriages and forced adoptions are equally bad, irrespective of who enforces it.

However the latter can quite easily happen as State Imposed "for the good of the child" even though the child(ren) have expressed a contrary view.
And there are also the opposite ends of that spectrum where children are left with abusive parents "for the good of the child" where perhaps a forced adoption would have meant one less child death.
Fat fingers and the iPhone keypad isn't always a good combination but my point was clear and concise. The adoptions only really stopped in the very late 80's so they are quite obviously still relevant. These children were stolen from their parents by the Catholic church to supply those who could afford it and those who THEY deemed to deserve it with children. However you look at it, it's the same degree of evil as forced marriage but because they are not Muslims it's obviously not relevant to the Muslimaphobes.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:11 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Forced adoptions are not relevant to a discussion about Muslim traditions and violence. You are just trying to change the agenda. It is not a phobia when a large percentage of the world is suffering from Muslim terrorisim

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.