Bin Laden

Old May 7th 2011, 7:10 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bin Laden

Originally Posted by JLFS
Look at the laws in the Islamic countries, thay are guided by what is in their holy book. (literally)

When I see thousands protesting and threatening to kill those that inslut Islam, ie the Danish cartoonist, I notice that not all look like young hooligans and radical types, there are usually a large number of women, older people and children protesting.

If they think that the drawing of a cartoon should be punishable by death, in the name of their religion, the folks that fly planes into buildings and such are only taking it a step further.

The seeds are already there, the martyrdom is already promised to them for defending Islam, that is why when the twin towers were blown up, there were celebrations, and jubilation on the streets.

As death to infidels in already programmed into the religion from the start, converts out of Islam are put to death.

If you cant see that, it is because you dont want to.

Interesting couple of things about the Danish cartoons.

I read that the cartoons that caused the offense had actually been altered from what the artist drew, specifically to make them offensive, and the one that caused the most offence was actually added by the same people. In short, Muslim activists created the offence and promulgated it.

Secondly, ever wondered how it was that the protestors in Indonesia managed to find so many Dutch flags to burn?
Old May 7th 2011, 7:10 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because I'm a brainwashed Christian, I believe that my faith doesn't encourage hatred towards other faiths. My limited knowledge of Islam suggests that that religion does.

But I am aware that propaganda in all sorts of media may have clouded my judgment; propaganda is a dangerous weapon, used to the full in all we see and hear.

You can buy two newspapers and read two entirely different stories, and if you watch BBC news, followed by FOX news, you know that they can't both be right.

I saw the photographs of the OBL followers outside the American embassy in London, followed by the photographs of the EDL followers at the same location. Those faces screwed up in blind hatred say it all; they could smoke a thousand peace pipes and would still hate each other.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Yes but just who's fault was that PC garbage ?
Well actually.....it was in fact a muslim!
Old May 8th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Well actually.....it was in fact a muslim!
I may not agree with most of the posters on this thread but I believe PC has gone way too far. You cannot even crack a joke without offending somebody if they are in earshot for Christs sake.

However how can you blame a muslim for the PC brigade?

The general British public have no one to blame but themselves in allowing PC to develop into what it has become. The fact that certain groups (not just religious) have used PC to such effect is not their fault but the fault of our apathy to the imposition and interpretation of laws in this country.

I believe in equal opportunities for all but unfortunately PC seems to me to have the opposite effect.

I now believe PC is reaching the point when the majority are realising its has a negative effect and needs to be 'reined in'.
Old May 8th 2011, 7:19 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I may not agree with most of the posters on this thread but I believe PC has gone way too far. You cannot even crack a joke without offending somebody if they are in earshot for Christs sake.

However how can you blame a muslim for the PC brigade?

The general British public have no one to blame but themselves in allowing PC to develop into what it has become. The fact that certain groups (not just religious) have used PC to such effect is not their fault but the fault of our apathy to the imposition and interpretation of laws in this country.

I believe in equal opportunities for all but unfortunately PC seems to me to have the opposite effect.

I now believe PC is reaching the point when the majority are realising its has a negative effect and needs to be 'reined in'.
Yes the PC group have gone too far, when you are not supposed to say blackboard anymore, because of fear of offending, then the whole thing is beyond stupid and laughable.

The problem is when fear of offending puts lives in danger, ie wasting resources making frail 70 year old retired school teachers, take their shoes and coat off when going through airport security, when a bit of profiling would be a a sight more realistic.

OK there will be arguments about harassment, but I personally know of quite a few Spanish and S. Americans (ater 9/11) who if they were singled out for extra checks, due soley to their "darkish" appearance, would not be in the least bit offended, and would actully feel a lot better about flying.

But of course we cannot offend anyone can we?
Old May 8th 2011, 8:41 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Recently my Grandson was singled out for extra checks flying from Los Angeles. He was taken to a room and swabbed and whatever else they do....he is 13 His Father was told checks are completely random. Whilst they are being PC the guy in a robe and beard could be slipping through!

I used to travel odd days to Kirklees area, part of it is Dewsbury, a long time ago but it seemed then as if the muslims were dictating all the policies in that place. They got all the Council funding too.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:37 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

My last visit to the US, three years ago, was a nightmare of embarrassment. Flying out from and returning to Madrid seemed to make things worse, it had been much easier when flying from London.

All the people connected with the various security checks seemed to be rude, ignorant and fat, and quite unable to smile.

I should have gone back last year but didn't bother, I would rather lose money than go through that embarrassment again. I may not go next year either.

I should have mentioned that when we touched down at Madrid, our suitcases had gone elsewhere, the entire plane's. I suspect that they hadn't got through the thousandth security scan in time.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that eight suicide bombers blew themselves up in Afghanistan, killing two people

I can't help thinking that Bin Laden might have been the brains behind Al Qaeda
Old May 8th 2011, 8:24 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Since any reference to certain keywords, 'bin Laden' being at the top of the list, is immediately picked up by the spooks, GCHQ and the CIA mainly, it's certain that every single post on this topic has been read by the security agencies.

It's weird when you think about it, and also quite logical, but still weird. There is no hiding place in this technological world of ours; a myriad of satellites are up there recording our every move, nearer home there are CTV cameras everywhere, we applaud Google street view, forgetting that we may not want everyone to see our front door, even if it was six months ago.

I bought an aerial photograph of my house recently, from an entrepreneur who photographed it from a plane flying overhead; he didn't have my permission to take it, but I don't suppose he needed it.

With all that technology at their disposal, the Pakistani authorities must have known about OBL's whereabouts in their country, it's obvious; and begs the question - whose side are they on?
Old May 8th 2011, 10:14 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Since any reference to certain keywords, 'bin Laden' being at the top of the list, is immediately picked up by the spooks, GCHQ and the CIA mainly, it's certain that every single post on this topic has been read by the security agencies.

It's weird when you think about it, and also quite logical, but still weird. There is no hiding place in this technological world of ours; a myriad of satellites are up there recording our every move, nearer home there are CTV cameras everywhere, we applaud Google street view, forgetting that we may not want everyone to see our front door, even if it was six months ago.

I bought an aerial photograph of my house recently, from an entrepreneur who photographed it from a plane flying overhead; he didn't have my permission to take it, but I don't suppose he needed it.

With all that technology at their disposal, the Pakistani authorities must have known about OBL's whereabouts in their country, it's obvious; and begs the question - whose side are they on?
Which side? Theirs, of course.