Bin Laden

Old May 6th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bin Laden

Originally Posted by JLFS
Well, we have never been stopped by taking perfume, a drink etc, through the airport security because the Baptists are kicking off.

And I dont think the reason that we have to take our shoes off, is because the Jehovahs witnesses have called a WI-had againt the west.
Well said!
Old May 7th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I remain unenlightened with the answers that are to me no more than a rant against terrorism/extremism in the name of religion and not about the religion itself.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:37 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Sorry, but I remain unenlightened with the answers that are to me no more than a rant against terrorism/extremism in the name of religion and not about the religion itself.
If Islam didn't exist, then there wouldn't be any terrorism/extremism in its name.
Old May 7th 2011, 10:26 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
If Islam didn't exist, then there wouldn't be any terrorism/extremism in its name.
If Islam didn't exist there might be something worse.

I have nothing against secular muslims, like secular christians they don't bother others and have a more tolerant attitude to the rest of us.
Old May 7th 2011, 1:24 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

So are you saying that Terrorism/extremisim in the name of religion and the religion itself are not connected?

Because in my book they are.
Old May 7th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

So are you saying that Terrorism/extremisim in the name of religion and the religion itself are not connected?

Old May 7th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I do not see how flying planes into buildings etc.killing thousands of innocent people of all denominations can be seen as connected to a religion. It is terrorism pure and simple. The terrorists may claim its in the name of religion but to me its not.
The vast majority of muslims (and christians come to that) do not see their religion as anything other than peaceful and can co-exist with other religions without problems as Bil pointed out in an earlier post.
Yes there are fanatics (nutters to me) in all religions but they do not represent the majority and a religion cannot be judged against this.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:20 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I do not see how flying planes into buildings etc.killing thousands of innocent people of all denominations can be seen as connected to a religion. It is terrorism pure and simple. The terrorists may claim its in the name of religion but to me its not.
The vast majority of muslims (and christians come to that) do not see their religion as anything other than peaceful and can co-exist with other religions without problems as Bil pointed out in an earlier post.
Yes there are fanatics (nutters to me) in all religions but they do not represent the majority and a religion cannot be judged against this.
Look at the laws in the Islamic countries, thay are guided by what is in their holy book. (literally)

When I see thousands protesting and threatening to kill those that inslut Islam, ie the Danish cartoonist, I notice that not all look like young hooligans and radical types, there are usually a large number of women, older people and children protesting.

If they think that the drawing of a cartoon should be punishable by death, in the name of their religion, the folks that fly planes into buildings and such are only taking it a step further.

The seeds are already there, the martyrdom is already promised to them for defending Islam, that is why when the twin towers were blown up, there were celebrations, and jubilation on the streets.

As death to infidels in already programmed into the religion from the start, converts out of Islam are put to death.

If you cant see that, it is because you dont want to.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

First off, what is a religion? It is basically the cult of personality carried to extremes.

Fundamentalist religious people are no different to those who stoked the ovens at Auschwitz, or those who tortured and killed in the names of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, or whoever.

Religion is a path that all to easily leads to extremes.
Old May 7th 2011, 2:39 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Muslims and the politically correct always talk about islam being a religion of peace. Not sure where they get that from. Musllim religion is all tied up with politics and the therefore brings it in conflict with day to day life of any non-muslim. I don't like the way they treat their women, the way they kill their animals or their fondness for beheading people with a rusty blunt saw if they are offended. They are winning too, soon everyone will be afraid to stand up and be counted
Old May 7th 2011, 3:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Muslims and the politically correct always talk about islam being a religion of peace. Not sure where they get that from. Musllim religion is all tied up with politics and the therefore brings it in conflict with day to day life of any non-muslim. I don't like the way they treat their women, the way they kill their animals or their fondness for beheading people with a rusty blunt saw if they are offended. They are winning too, soon everyone will be afraid to stand up and be counted
Bad isnt it? and as you say will get worse.

It is no good trying to impose our views on muslim countries, it wont work, but the leaders of non mulim countries should at least rule their own without fear of offending, whick sadly does not seem to be the case.
Old May 7th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes they are winning!

In the small town in the north of England where I used to live, we were not allowed to have Christmas decorations and the nativity scene in the town centre that had always been there over the Christmas season.
The reason for that was....they might offend the muslims, the truly shocking thing about that is that the centre of town was and still is always decorated for the the muslim festival "Eid al-Adha" (the Festival of Sacrifice), but we the indigenous population have not to be offended by that!

I worked for local government there, we had to go on training days to (not to put too fine a point on it) learn how to treat muslims better than Christians, down to the last man and woman I can assure you... we all were very much offended by the very idea of that!
Old May 7th 2011, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Most muslims despise western culture but choose to live in it
When they finally succeed in destroying the West they will find themselves living in the culture they moved west to avoid. Pratts.
Old May 7th 2011, 6:24 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Yes they are winning!

In the small town in the north of England where I used to live, we were not allowed to have Christmas decorations and the nativity scene in the town centre that had always been there over the Christmas season.
The reason for that was....they might offend the muslims, the truly shocking thing about that is that the centre of town was and still is always decorated for the the muslim festival "Eid al-Adha" (the Festival of Sacrifice), but we the indigenous population have not to be offended by that!

I worked for local government there, we had to go on training days to (not to put too fine a point on it) learn how to treat muslims better than Christians, down to the last man and woman I can assure you... we all were very much offended by the very idea of that!
Yes but just who's fault was that PC garbage ?
Old May 7th 2011, 7:06 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by playamonte
Yes but just who's fault was that PC garbage ?
Spot on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.