Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Jan 10th 2021, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by Millhouse
But at the end of that you are vaccinated so it wouldn't matter
Unfortunately the first protection doesn't kick in until around 15 days later and the full protection around 15 days after the second jab.
Sounds like an hourly appointment system is needed with check in say 45 mins before the start of your nominated hour. If you don't check in they go to a reserve list or the like. Could even do the pre vaccine checks by phone and send you a clearance text.
Multi hour queuing would be a nightmare
Old Jan 10th 2021, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Unfortunately the first protection doesn't kick in until around 15 days later and the full protection around 15 days after the second jab.
Sounds like an hourly appointment system is needed with check in say 45 mins before the start of your nominated hour. If you don't check in they go to a reserve list or the like. Could even do the pre vaccine checks by phone and send you a clearance text.
Multi hour queuing would be a nightmare
that all sounds a bit organised and complicated for here.

im going as soon as it’s a simple drive thru procedure, preferably with the opportunity to get a burger at the same time.

Old Jan 10th 2021, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

im going as soon as it’s a simple drive thru procedure, preferably with the opportunity to get a burger at the same time.
sounds like a plan ....go for it !!
Old Jan 10th 2021, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Great shout. I'll make her drive and I'll sit in the back and watch films.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite vaccine realted, but COVID related... as predicted countries are now stopping recieving flights from UAE. HK first, now the Sweaties have removed the UAE travel corridor. We might be open but the flights need to go two ways. Going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not quite vaccine realted, but COVID related... as predicted countries are now stopping recieving flights from UAE. HK first, now the Sweaties have removed the UAE travel corridor. We might be open but the flights need to go two ways. Going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Interesting.

Might force this place into another mini-lockdown?
I feel like this 'circuit-breaker' idea that some places had pre-Xmas is not a bad idea. 14 days of total lockdown and shutting everything could do it, right?
Old Jan 11th 2021, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Sssh, don't mention the L-word.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting.

Might force this place into another mini-lockdown?
I feel like this 'circuit-breaker' idea that some places had pre-Xmas is not a bad idea. 14 days of total lockdown and shutting everything could do it, right?
I don't see it happening myself. They are not effective other than in destroying low margin hospitality businesses. Look at the UK numbers, they soon come back quick. It would be interesting to understand local transmission vs. imported cases here.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I think here the current thinking is "let's see if we can vaccinate faster than the cases can rise" which I think shows an interesting ambition to attempt to match exponential infection rates with linear vaccination rates.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
I think here the current thinking is "let's see if we can vaccinate faster than the cases can rise" which I think shows an interesting ambition to attempt to match exponential infection rates with linear vaccination rates.
I agree with you, except that the infection rate data is also mostly linear. Right now they are reporting to jabbing 50,000 people a day against 3,000 official new cases.

(read my words carefully, especially "data", "reporting", and "official")

Family back home just got taken down, full house.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:32 am
Account Closed

I don't see it happening myself. They are not effective other than in destroying low margin hospitality businesses. Look at the UK numbers, they soon come back quick. It would be interesting to understand local transmission vs. imported cases here.
No, I don't either, was just throwing it out there. I didn't take enough photographs or videos of SZR completely empty and Dubai Mall with all the lights off.

Originally Posted by csdf
Yeah - good point. Maybe there are enough hospital beds here to cope?

I agree with you, except that the infection rate data is also mostly linear. Right now they are reporting to jabbing 50,000 people a day against 3,000 official new cases.

(read my words carefully, especially "data", "reporting", and "official")

Family back home just got taken down, full house.
Saw on Reddit last night that someone shared an article proclaiming ALL FRONT LINE WORKERS HAVE BEEN VACCINATED.

Then the comments started; 'my mum's a nurse and hasn't been', 'my dad the doctor hasn't been' etc.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I’ve had both doses here in AD, did a walk-in at Seha and was in and out in just over an hour for the first dose. They then sent me an appointment for the second dose and I was just over an hour again.

Felt a a little under the weather after the first dose for a day or two but nothing with the second dose.

Now trying to get some sort of vaccination proof from Seha as my EID is being cancelled tomorrow due to getting the can at work.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
Now trying to get some sort of vaccination proof from Seha as my EID is being cancelled tomorrow due to getting the can at work.
Sorry to hear that - good luck with the future.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
I’ve had both doses here in AD, did a walk-in at Seha and was in and out in just over an hour for the first dose. They then sent me an appointment for the second dose and I was just over an hour again.

Felt a a little under the weather after the first dose for a day or two but nothing with the second dose.

You should have been given a certificate after the 2nd dose. It will also be on the SEHA app.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Not quite vaccine realted, but COVID related... as predicted countries are now stopping recieving flights from UAE. HK first, now the Sweaties have removed the UAE travel corridor.
Whole of UK now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.