Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Dec 18th 2020, 4:02 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by Benny80
I took the Sinopharm vaccine last week at a SEHA centre in Abu Dhabi. Walk in with no appointment required. Approx.1 hour process. Doctor asks regarding allergies and general health questions. I asked if they needed to prioritise high risk people due to limited supply as i am relatively young so not particularly high risk. Doc said no and that vaccine is available to anyone over 18 years of age.
Naturally i would prefer a non Chinese version. My thought process / decision was along the lines of its 1) probably better to have the Vacc rather than not take it and possible catch the real thing without having been vaccinated. 2) Whilst i have been getting out and about a bit in covid times i have been a little cautious. Keen to get back to freely meeting friends / having fun and travelling.

I'm interested to here from others on how they find the mood here in the UAE. Friends i talk to are generally getting on with their lives. Partying, eating out and social social activities are happening but all slightly subdued and cautious. To me it feels around 75% back to normal here although business appears generally tough and lots of people leaving due to redundancy.
How much was it?
Old Dec 18th 2020, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pongo and Benny for your info.
The information on life in UAE is invaluable even though it's early days. As people see the benefits of life post vaccine it will be a great fillip to vaccine takers.
Also as the first country to take the Sinopharm vaccine it may help to reduce the anti Chinese feeling re vaccines.
The reality is that the world is going to need the Russian, Chinese and Indian vaccines to work along with those from the West if we are to have any hope of vaccinating 70% plus of the worlds population.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
out of interest where did you get it done ?

assuming the urine sample is simply pregnancy ?
Via SEHA in Abu Dhabi. Yes, urine sample for pregnancy test.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I got vaccinated the other day at SEHA too. I’m heading off to the USA next month for an extended visit so figured it was a good idea.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
How much was it?
it was free.

Whilst i might have preferred a non Chinese version i definitely appreciate the UAE getting hold of a vaccine and giving it out for for free. I suppose its in the UAE's interest to get a decent % of the population Vaccinated as fast as possible to help with getting business back on track. I may be too optimistic but I like to think UAE has the wherewithal and organisation to get it rolled out faster than most places and business may rebound faster. That the effect on business here will be devesting i think is already becoming clear and i'm not expecting a return to pre-pandemic conditions which in my industry (Construction) was already a tough time.

When i went to SEHA for mine most of the other people there appeared to be middle income Indian gents who were hoping to be able to travel home to India see there families (and possibly return here if they still have a job). Strangely and hilariously my friend who went to get the Vaccine in Dubai said most of the people there were Chinese who didn't speak speak a word of English or Arabic and had to be directed using basic hand gestures.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a medical numpty so please excuse my utter ignorance but...

Do they test to see if you are carrying the virus before vaccination?
Would it make a difference if you were?
Can you still be a carrier of the virus after vaccination?
Are you provided with any documentation to prove you have been vaccinated?
What difference would vaccination make to mandatory quarantine requirements?

Keen to know more.

Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk

Keen to know more.
Its documented on the SEHA App
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the Pfizer vaccine is being rolled out in the UAE from next week.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news re getting Pfizer as well.
Very hard to get for most governments so well done to Dubai.Does this extend to the other emirates and any idea of dosage numbers.

Last edited by carbolic; Dec 23rd 2020 at 12:07 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Great news re getting Pfizer as well.
Very hard to get for most governments so well done to Dubai.Does this extend to the other emirates and any idea of dosage numbers.
My understanding is that Pfizer is Dubai only at the moment. No idea on numbers, its being prioritised for the first phase (60+ or certain medical conditions and no covid infection within last 3 months), I called DHA this morning and got through within 5 minutes and booked our appointments for first week Jan .... very happy
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csdf
When was the last time you went for any vaccine and had a choice of options to pick from?
Today

Old Dec 23rd 2020, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinbkk

Keen to know more.
I think the answers to most of those will differ country to country (i see you are not UAE based) or in UAE even emirate to emirate.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
Today
Lucky you! I wonder if it will remain Dubai residents only.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Those who have been continually cheering for Abu Dhabi to restrict AD people visiting Dubai or Dubai residents from entering AD should not how hope for Dubai to share Pfizer with them......
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxima
Those who have been continually cheering for Abu Dhabi to restrict AD people visiting Dubai or Dubai residents from entering AD should not how hope for Dubai to share Pfizer with them......
How petty - on all sides

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.