Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Feb 4th 2021, 9:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Under what exception did he manage to get it?
High blood pressure.
In fairness, despite the fact he's mid 30's his BP is atrocious (hypertension 2 or something)
When booking he told them about prescription and tablets and took them with him to appointment.

Said nobody looked or cared so could definitely blag it if you wanted.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What are thge consequences in The UAE for those who refuse vaccination ? I am sure some of The Pious Ones are convinced that this is all a plot by the evil infidels .
Old Feb 8th 2021, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
What are thge consequences in The UAE for those who refuse vaccination ? I am sure some of The Pious Ones are convinced that this is all a plot by the evil infidels .
none at the moment, but I’m sure once they reach everyone who wants it life might become difficult with restrictions for those who choose not to partake. Particularly travel and IMHO it might eventually become a visa renewal requirement but that could be a way off. I have to say that in my work and social circle everyone is clamouring to get vaccinated I don’t know anyone here who isn’t, whereas in the UK I’ve got a couple of mates who have spent far too much time in lockdown reading conspiracy theories .
Old Feb 8th 2021, 3:29 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I got both of mine done from Sharjah
first one was easy
second one was a s**t show because they had / have run out of stocks and they were only jabbing locals, not racist at all if you ask me.
Anyway, theres a place called AlSheja Shopping Center on the boonies between Ajman / Sharjah and they were entertaining Partner Visa people as well, till a week ago atleast.
Ive noticed my mandarin getting better and have this sudden urge to talk very very loudly on the mobile while in the Metro / Public Areas. Strange.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I got both of mine done from Sharjah
first one was easy
second one was a s**t show because they had / have run out of stocks and they were only jabbing locals, not racist at all if you ask me.
Anyway, theres a place called AlSheja Shopping Center on the boonies between Ajman / Sharjah and they were entertaining Partner Visa people as well, till a week ago atleast.
Ive noticed my mandarin getting better and have this sudden urge to talk very very loudly on the mobile while in the Metro / Public Areas. Strange.
Common side effects, you only have to worry when you talk and eat at the same time.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 4:01 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I can't answer for the UAE, but the way things are going in Saudi I can see it becoming more and more difficult to do anything if you are not free from the virus, or in the future vaccinated.
I've included some screenshots from the mandatory Tawakkalna app. More and more places require you to show your status before you can enter, and this will only increase. Tried to get a cup of tea in McDonald's a few days ago, no app no entry, drive through only.

If you are not in one of the safe colours then you will not be able to enter, and could face penalties.

And then for travel I imagine that you will have to show your vaccination status in the future once enough people have had the vaccine.

I'm not sure what to make of it all really. Part of me thinks it's good, a lot more organised than the shit show that is the uk, and another part of me thinks it's C1984.

Does the UAE have similar or is this just a Saudi thing?
Old Feb 9th 2021, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

We have a similar thing (Al Hosn) - currently required only when coming from Dubai to Abu Dhabi or in other rare circumstances (e.g. entering a government building).
Old Feb 9th 2021, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
We have a similar thing (Al Hosn) - currently required only when coming from Dubai to Abu Dhabi or in other rare circumstances (e.g. entering a government building).
Al Hosn can be a little problematic as the data is not always uploaded or uploaded late added to that each Emirate has different rules. So for example historically the app showed the need for 2 negative tests after a positive which is/was the requirement in AD but not the requirement in Dubai.

great idea in theory but problematic if the computer says NO when you are prevented from doing something.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, where have you had to show it? I've only needed to show it once in the last year, when renewing a visa.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Out of curiosity, where have you had to show it? I've only needed to show it once in the last year, when renewing a visa.
i was more responding in the context of what might happen going forward with restrictions for those not vaccinated or negative if places started using the app as proof. The only time it’s quick and accurate for me is when I’ve flown into AUH or DXB the arrival shows fairly quickly. But at least 3 of my tests are missing albeit I have the paper certificates. I’ve never actually used it in anger, I’ve just used the paper version.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 9:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't worry too much about vaccine evidence being needed to be fair - not least until the universally 'accepted' vaccines are widely available for everyone to get one in a reasonable time frame.

I think we're months away from that, but once they've been available for a period, I expect there'll be something that some places will want to see
Old Feb 10th 2021, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

So is anyone even vaguely planning a trip to the UK this year? At £1750 a pop quarantine fees, any family trip home is completely ruled out for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Unless you’ve got a half way bolt hole for 10 days.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So is anyone even vaguely planning a trip to the UK this year? At £1750 a pop quarantine fees, any family trip home is completely ruled out for the foreseeable future.
No. It's a mess. The 1700 is annoying, but the time requirement makes it impossible.

Old Feb 10th 2021, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Yes and no.
The 10 days doesn't bother me. Time it right and work from the room, take a **** load of snacks, entertainment and cigs. I reckon I could work and wank myself through that if I had to come back alone.
We're in need of a trip back to Blighty to try and sort wedding shit for this summer, plan was Easter so hoping the government do a u-turn on the UAE being red-listed or the general hotel bullshit anyway.

If they don't and it's still a bastard of a journey then we won't come back I don't think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.