Ramadan

Old Jun 22nd 2015, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Ramadan

Originally Posted by norsk
Careem have added a Now option recently (don't know when) but the key selling point for me is they don't have the ridiculous surge pricing.

It seems a lot of the drivers actually work for both Careem and Uber. A couple of times I have been assigned a driver and when I watch them on the app I can see them driving in the opposite direction, stopping for ages and then coming back to get me. My guess is that when they are approaching a drop-off they will accept a new job on the other provider rather than having to risk any idle time between jobs.

On one hand I get why the drivers do this, but on the other hand it is bloody annoying if you are in a rush as you could be left waiting for a lot longer than you should have to...

Careem will automatically add credit to your account if the driver takes too long which is cool though.
Interesting, might give them another go then. Only reason I haven't is that I find nothing wrong with Uber at the moment, it always works well...just the annoying phone call when they don't just look at the map - but the mrs points out that they're driving so maybe not safe, obviously it's therefore safe enough to make a call....
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting, might give them another go then. Only reason I haven't is that I find nothing wrong with Uber at the moment, it always works well...just the annoying phone call when they don't just look at the map - but the mrs points out that they're driving so maybe not safe, obviously it's therefore safe enough to make a call....
More like they don't understand the map.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

I wonder if they're used to people sticking the pin in the wrong place? They quite often seen genuinely surprised when I tell them I'm stood exactly where it says on the map.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 6:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
More like they don't understand the map.
Really? You genuinely think that?
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You genuinely think that?
yes. Map reading is a skill taught in very few education systems.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 7:46 am
Account Closed

yes. Map reading is a skill taught in very few education systems.
I think you're being very generous.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Millhouse. The number of times I've left an actual printed map with Ikea/wherever when getting a furniture delivery and then spent 40 minutes on the phone with the delivery driver because they don't understand how to use the map.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by csdf
I agree with Millhouse. The number of times I've left an actual printed map with Ikea/wherever when getting a furniture delivery and then spent 40 minutes on the phone with the delivery driver because they don't understand how to use the map.
I think it's laziness combined with inability then.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think you're being very generous.
Not really. You think its easy as you were taught at a young age to read maps and colour them in. The rest of the world spends this time learning english (badly).

Believe it or not, map skills are not taught in the american system.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:56 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

map skills are not taught in the american system.
as opposed to?
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
as opposed to?
map skills being taught.

I remember colouring them in, going on walks with them, marking things on that we saw etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:12 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

doh! I meant as opposed to them being taught ANYTHING else
*gun skills or massacre avoiding skills dont count*
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
doh! I meant as opposed to them being taught ANYTHING else
*gun skills or massacre avoiding skills dont count*
It's replaced with bullshitting and confidence training.

They probably get the time off. They run a much shorter term than any other system.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Not really. You think its easy as you were taught at a young age to read maps and colour them in. The rest of the world spends this time learning english (badly).

Believe it or not, map skills are not taught in the american system.
I'll take your word for it but respectfully disagree a bit.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

All I remember from Geography lessons at school is something about primary and tertiary industry but isn't map reading something you pick up from your parents?

I thought that it was a general life skill, along with changing plugs/fuses, putting up pictures, decorating, cooking, etc. Am I that old fashioned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.