Ramadan

Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ramadan

So, seems they've been saying it'll be Thursday for ages, so predicting either tomorrow or a week next Tuesday...

Still, just had the lovely email saying we won't be working reduced hours. Great news.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:09 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ramadan

wont be working reduced hours ? huh ?
how come ?
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

tomorrow?????
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean View Post
wont be working reduced hours ? huh ?
how come ?
We did last year, which apparently was a first. But last year I think the performance was better than this, YTD. I think Ramadan hours are therefore seen as a reward, which has now been removed.

Still, I'm only in that office one or two days a week, so fingers crossed head office work reduced hours. Failing that, I'll just work from home 5 days a week
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:13 am
"The Seeker"

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
We did last year, which apparently was a first. But last year I think the performance was better than this, YTD. I think Ramadan hours are therefore seen as a reward, which has now been removed.

Still, I'm only in that office one or two days a week, so fingers crossed head office work reduced hours. Failing that, I'll just work from home 5 days a week
working from home is a bliss , I did that once , I was just amazed at the amount of distractions that I had to deal with
work hours cut is not that big here in Oman , just two hours , per day .
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:17 am
WWLLCJD?

working from home is a bliss , I did that once , I was just amazed at the amount of distractions that I had to deal with
work hours cut is not that big here in Oman , just two hours , per day .
I'm actually alright from home, if I'm busy. In fact, if I've got lots to do I'm much more effective.

If things are slower then I just do it in bursts and then allow a distraction for a bit, then get back to it.

Two hours is better than nothing. My favourite was 8-1 in my old place. That was a lovely Ramadan. Sega Republic at least 3x a week.

I get why people / bosses / companies don't want to see a 2-3 hour per person per day reduction in efforts but it's one of those things. It's like expecting people to be busy during December, especially the last week or two before Xmas.

C'est la vie.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

What your office is doing is illegal....

Everyone, bar none, is to get reduced working hours during Ramadan. It is the law of these blessed lands.

Company not following Ramadan timing for non-muslims - what to do? : dubai

So, seems they've been saying it'll be Thursday for ages, so predicting either tomorrow or a week next Tuesday...

Still, just had the lovely email saying we won't be working reduced hours. Great news.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post

Everyone, bar none, is to get reduced working hours during Ramadan. It is the law of these blessed lands.

I tell everyone the same every year.

It's Article 65 of UAE Labour Law, "during the month of Ramadan, normal working hours shall be reduced by two hours."

Exemptions are government (who tend to do it anyway), domestic staff and DIFC where it only applies to fasting Muslims.

Although it's not necessary, it annoys me that so many employers here act as if the law doesn't apply to them. You'd all be aa depressed as me if you saw the emails I receive from mistreated employees every week.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:41 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post

Lose lose situation isn't it.

I read Meow's National article the other day in preparation for this so know I can ring the MoL and tell them. But then surely they'll be told that someone in the company has done this and they won't be huge fans of that and will just be hassle.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:49 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Lose lose situation isn't it.

I read Meow's National article the other day in preparation for this so know I can ring the MoL and tell them. But then surely they'll be told that someone in the company has done this and they won't be huge fans of that and will just be hassle.
I know.

You are supposed to be able to report anonymously but I don't know how well that works. I don't see it as a major issue for those of us who don't fast and are on decent incomes but it's just not right for those less fortunate.

It's supposed to be a month of reflection, when you think of others...
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:50 am
"The Seeker"

Can you get someone else to do it ???
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:08 pm
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I know.

You are supposed to be able to report anonymously but I don't know how well that works. I don't see it as a major issue for those of us who don't fast and are on decent incomes but it's just not right for those less fortunate.

It's supposed to be a month of reflection, when you think of others...
Muslim colleagues (in this division / office there is one) can take the shorter hours obviously, just the rest of us can't.

Can you get someone else to do it ???
Could do. But I'm only there one morning and one full day a week, just disagree with flagrantly breaking rules that would give me time off. It also means if I am there more for some reason, that I'd be driving home at stupid hour.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:14 pm
"The Seeker"

wish my hours are like that , I have to be at office for 6 continuous hours , boring as hell
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

wish my hours are like that , I have to be at office for 6 continuous hours , boring as hell
Try 12
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:51 pm
"The Seeker"

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
Try 12
I did , non consecutive

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.