Ramadan

Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ramadan

Originally Posted by Dumbo
You should get your own office with a door that you can shut, it comes in very handy.

Anyway can't stop and chat I lunch have lunch to eat and a bit of surfing to do before I leave in 30 mins.

Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Probably worth reminding everyone to be off the road by 5.30pm at the latest too.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Probably worth reminding everyone to be off the road by 5.30pm at the latest too.
I'm getting a cab to Mirdiff at 1830
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

First day of Ramadan.

What are the odds of finding a taxi close to iftar time?

Good luck, Scamp.

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm getting a cab to Mirdiff at 1830
Old Jun 18th 2015, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
First day of Ramadan.

What are the odds of finding a taxi close to iftar time?

Good luck, Scamp.
Uber will be around. They always are.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

They don't mind, they get paid more for the extra half hour it'll take to get you anywhere...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:56 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

In case you are interested Careem treat their drivers better than Uber. That's from drivers who work for both companies.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
In case you are interested Careem treat their drivers better than Uber. That's from drivers who work for both companies.
I've heard that mentioned too. Think they get a higher cut of the fare or something.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:40 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I went from JVT to 2nd October Street (Jumeira Rotana) for a brunch to celebrate Ramadan last night, 311, 66 and across trade centre roundabout. Roads were absolutely dead at 8pm.

Forgot to mention that Rotana were doing brunch for 159, if you have a Rotana card it took it down to 130 a head (6 of us), then they give you a voucher for half the money (380 Dhm we got) plus a scratch card for a free night in a Rotana when you spend over 600 Dhm. Crazy prices!!

Last edited by mikewot; Jun 19th 2015 at 4:44 am. Reason: Forgot
Old Jun 19th 2015, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

quality of Careem drivers has really dropped.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:18 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
quality of Careem drivers has really dropped.
Really? That's not my experience and I invariably get upgraded even if I request an economy car.

Have you told the company whenever you have had a bad experience? They are very good at dealing with problems.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Really? That's not my experience and I invariably get upgraded even if I request an economy car.

Have you told the company whenever you have had a bad experience? They are very good at dealing with problems.
I use Careem extensively. Often a few times a week.

Their drivers have dropped in a quality a lot and I have complained to Careem. The basic problem is that they are growing quickly and so need lots of new drivers. Many times they don't know where they are going and have managed to break their GPS. One time, we even had to use mine.

In Saudi, I regularly get billed twice or double for a journey. They generally fix that though - although I'm currently 370dh out of pocket for a double billing at the moment.

All that said, I wouldn't use any other.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 4:43 am
Account Closed

I used Careem before I used Uber but what I prefer about Uber is the ability to book for now, you just go on 10mins before you need one and you'll get one. Never struggled.

The downside - having to book and then hold your phone because you KNOW they are going to phone and ask where you are, despite accurately adjusting your pin location and them having the ability to stop and look at the phone with the map of where you are on it.

Otherwise - I have had one or two take the piss with silly routes, but a one-star rating and an email to Uber gets that sorted with some credit added.

Use them at least twice a week.

If Careem are good though, I might try them again.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

I tend to use Careem if I need a taxi at a very specific time and I don't want to gamble on there being an Uber in the area at the time.

All other times I use Uber though, as it's just a lot easier.

It came as a bit of a surprise when I found out that the drivers rate the customers too, but it makes sense I suppose. If someone gets a reputation for being a dick to all his drivers, they'll stop taking those jobs. Raises the possibility of "revenge ratings" though...
Old Jun 21st 2015, 7:59 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I used Careem before I used Uber but what I prefer about Uber is the ability to book for now, you just go on 10mins before you need one and you'll get one. Never struggled..
Careem have added a Now option recently (don't know when) but the key selling point for me is they don't have the ridiculous surge pricing.

It seems a lot of the drivers actually work for both Careem and Uber. A couple of times I have been assigned a driver and when I watch them on the app I can see them driving in the opposite direction, stopping for ages and then coming back to get me. My guess is that when they are approaching a drop-off they will accept a new job on the other provider rather than having to risk any idle time between jobs.

On one hand I get why the drivers do this, but on the other hand it is bloody annoying if you are in a rush as you could be left waiting for a lot longer than you should have to...

Careem will automatically add credit to your account if the driver takes too long which is cool though.

Last edited by norsk; Jun 21st 2015 at 8:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.