Ramadan

Old Jun 16th 2015, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Ramadan

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Several words too many?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
We just got an email saying our "official" hours will be 9am-4pm

absolutely no chance of actually working those hours though
I'm yet to find out what the head office / project hours are. I won't have been included on any email for these guys. Can't imagine the guys seconded into a government client are going to be doing too much though....
Old Jun 16th 2015, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I'm yet to find out what the head office / project hours are. I won't have been included on any email for these guys. Can't imagine the guys seconded into a government client are going to be doing too much though....
We're government (UAE). Got told today we're on 5 hours.

Last edited by Standanista; Jun 16th 2015 at 6:32 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leannmean
I wonder if they'd throw you in the slammer if you got caught chewing on a sandwich
Theoretically they can in the UAE - for up to a month (I think it said in The National). They also said that tourists would only ever be warned and told not to eat in public, but residents who had been here "for a few years" should know better and would be arrested and referred to the legal system for a decision.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:26 pm
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by archie159
Theoretically they can in the UAE - for up to a month (I think it said in The National). They also said that tourists would only ever be warned and told not to eat in public, but residents who had been here "for a few years" should know better and would be arrested and referred to the legal system for a decision.
so can't take any food to work ...
i just have to figure out a way to keep myself going during the day
if a bottle of water is offensive and a sandwich can get you jailed then I better take my precautions .

I presume tomorrow everyone will be cranky and cantankerous .....
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Is the Barracuda open at all during the month? I'm arriving when it's all in full flow.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Is the Barracuda open at all during the month? I'm arriving when it's all in full flow.
Always closed the whole of Ramadan, big signs up again this year like every year. The cellars also closed. A&E and MMI open if you have a licence.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Bummer. I asked in A&E last time I was over and they said they were open, so not the end of the world.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leannmean
so can't take any food to work ...
i just have to figure out a way to keep myself going during the day
if a bottle of water is offensive and a sandwich can get you jailed then I better take my precautions .

I presume tomorrow everyone will be cranky and cantankerous .....
Lots of companies have a room set aside for non-fasters to eat and drink in.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

But you need a sick note from yer mum.

Medical experts reckon 50% of KSA nationals will have type 2 diabetes by 2030. That's going to create a fasting issue!
Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

We have one very small room here. Had to bring in packed lunch and hide bottles of water on my desk too. These bits aren't so bad, but the fact that I can't get up and make a coffee to bring back to my desk may see the end of me before July...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

First basement burner in a year. Can't wait.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ramadan Kareem. May everyone have a great month.

I sure will.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:24 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_Show
We have one very small room here. Had to bring in packed lunch and hide bottles of water on my desk too. These bits aren't so bad, but the fact that I can't get up and make a coffee to bring back to my desk may see the end of me before July...
You should get your own office with a door that you can shut, it comes in very handy.

Anyway can't stop and chat I lunch have lunch to eat and a bit of surfing to do before I leave in 30 mins.

Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ramadan Kareem. May everyone have a great month.

I sure will.
Best time of year in Qatar which in itself speaks volumes for this wonderful state !
Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
You should get your own office with a door that you can shut, it comes in very handy.

Anyway can't stop and chat I lunch have lunch to eat and a bit of surfing to do before I leave in 30 mins.

you and me both, brother

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.