Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Norway shootings thread

Norway shootings thread

Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norway shootings thread

The police are now starting to release some of the names of the victims.......

One (Johannes Buo) was described as a 'political activist'. He was 14.........
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Norway shootings thread

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Some sketchy information floating about when the police were actually alerted and when the shooter began his shooting spree.
From what I've read emergency call operators has prioritised calls from Oslo which meant no one could get a message to police about the shooting happening.

Edit: In some way the attacker has actually accidentally exploited a flaw in the system.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:42 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
The police are now starting to release some of the names of the victims.......

One (Johannes Buo) was described as a 'political activist'. He was 14.........
I can't read this list...they are just kids. Who was this bastard to say they would grow up to be the future Labour members he hated so much? Bloody hell I was raised a red by my dad and look how I turned out

N.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I think after reading your input that it's probably best I don't reply. ...
N.
So you'll wait till you have stockpiled enough ammo?

Everyone remembers the kind of stuff you used to write, and still do, in the manner of an attention-seeking adolescent trying to shock his parents. If it wasn't for the fact that innocent people's lives are blighted by the application of these dirty ideas, they would be laughable.

Here is a link detailing the intellectual company you keep: figures from the EDL in England, the NF in France and the Northern League in Italy. Like you , they admire that mass-murderer and claim they would never actually commit such acts, but totally understand why they happened, and actually blame it on the victims.

Enjoy this link from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14315108
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

Everyone remembers the kind of stuff you used to write, and still do, in the manner of an attention-seeking adolescent trying to shock his parents. If it wasn't for the fact that innocent people's lives are blighted by the application of these dirty ideas, they would be laughable.

Here is a link detailing the intellectual company you keep: figures from the EDL in England, the NF in France and the Northern League in Italy. Like you , they admire that mass-murderer and claim they would never actually commit such acts, but totally understand why they happened, and actually blame it on the victims.

Ah, yes........... the BBC............ whose journalists, editorial staff and researchers are all recruited via ads in The Guardian........

The BBC are an embarrassment to Britain, and to journalism.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:38 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yes........... the BBC............ whose journalists, editorial staff and researchers are all recruited via ads in The Guardian........

And the opposite of the BBC, Rupert Murdoch and his merry band, are really attractive aren't they?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
And the opposite of the BBC, Rupert Murdoch and his merry band, are really attractive aren't they?
No................ but as a commercial business, I would expect Murdoch to have a 'vested interest' in how news is reported, and for that to be reflected in his editorial approach. It isn't right, but it's easily explained. Still, I prefer waking up to Sky News rather than the BBC World Service.

The BBC are supposed to be impartial (a ridiculous notion, as anyone who has witnessed either an Israeli or a eurosceptic being interviewed will testify), but worst of all, they feign an independence via the principle of accountability (ludicrously, they refer to licence fee payers as 'shareholders').

I hate the BBC, and the dangerous thing is that their TV and radio services are watched and listened to all over the world, and their stance on so many issues is widely assumed to reflect that of the whole British nation.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:10 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

No................ but as a commercial business, I would expect Murdoch to have a 'vested interest' in how news is reported, and for that to be reflected in his editorial approach. It isn't right, but it's easily explained. Still, I prefer waking up to Sky News rather than the BBC World Service.

The BBC are supposed to be impartial (a ridiculous notion, as anyone who has witnessed either an Israeli or a eurosceptic being interviewed will testify), but worst of all, they feign an independence via the principle of accountability (ludicrously, they refer to licence fee payers as 'shareholders').

I hate the BBC, and the dangerous thing is that their TV and radio services are watched and listened to all over the world, and their stance on so many issues is widely assumed to reflect that of the whole British nation.
They still produce some of the best dramas and documentaries on TV today, IMHO.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:33 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll continue the debate about literally interpreted Islam, especially the political kind - and immigration in Europe and whatever else I damn well please. I refuse to let this madman or your completely false accusations silence me or legitimate political debate online or in the real world.

If you don''t like that I don't honestly care. Salim Mansur has already spoken for me and others like me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NCa...&feature=feedu

N.

PS: I'm a person of colour like Salim...not as dark though so apparently not as immune to being called racist and being linked to lone wolf murderers but twits like you.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Jul 27th 2011 at 10:40 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
They still produce some of the best dramas and documentaries on TV today, IMHO.
The Beeb is a British institution, one of the best . BBC is far superior to what passes for News channels here in the US.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody right.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I'll continue the debate about literally interpreted Islam, especially the political kind - and immigration in Europe and whatever else I damn well please...
Please do continue - your silence regarding the points I raised speaks volumes. Have you no comment on how much you share with opportunistic parasites like the NF, the EDL and the Northern League?

Any chance you could tell us what you think of the following:
  • the Labour party ... bringing Muslims to this country and defending their rights, their workplace and social rights
  • America was under threat. Many saw the federal government in Washington as the enemy, staffed with officials who were betraying America's core values.
  • anger towards the changes occurring in ...society
  • What most people still do not understand is that the ongoing Islamicisation of Europe cannot be stopped before one gets to grip with the political doctrine which makes it possible
  • the country's culture might be diluted by immigration from countries with different religions and values
  • Europe has surrendered before putting up a fight against its Islamicisation
  • fighting the Muslim invasion

Or maybe you will just join the others in discussing the BBC? That would be a pity, I was very impressed to see you resist the temptation to shoot the messenger rather than stick to the topic.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Salim Mansur has already spoken for me and others like me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NCa...&feature=feedu

N.
Salim Mansur says something so that's OK? And the BNP have a black member so they're not racists huh? Quite a few other people have been so hasty in pulling up the ladder that they didn't look too closely at who they jumped into bed with.

Sorry to lower the tone of the debate by quoting from the shoddy BBC. Compared to Brian Lilley though, who works at the Ottawa Sun... They are soooo respectable as a news source, they even have a "Sunshine Girl" in the best red-top tradition. Disappointingly, she doesn't offer her views on current events, as her counterpart would in Murdoch's Sun.
So we won't get to know what she thinks of the top stories on the front page of Mr Lilley's newspaper: Eastern Ontario wants beer freedom, Beckham teams up with H&M, and Rihanna rumoured at Ottawa sex shop.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

For all those araid of the BNP or the EDL..some good news..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-2326471.html

Also, for those who love or hate Morrisey. I am of the latter group..

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/870664-...actions-of-kfc

Last edited by Paracletus; Jul 28th 2011 at 4:47 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:54 am

Salim Mansur says something so that's OK? And the BNP have a black member so they're not racists huh? Quite a few other people have been so hasty in pulling up the ladder that they didn't look too closely at who they jumped into bed with.

Sorry to lower the tone of the debate by quoting from the shoddy BBC. Compared to Brian Lilley though, who works at the Ottawa Sun... They are soooo respectable as a news source, they even have a "Sunshine Girl" in the best red-top tradition. Disappointingly, she doesn't offer her views on current events, as her counterpart would in Murdoch's Sun.
So we won't get to know what she thinks of the top stories on the front page of Mr Lilley's newspaper: Eastern Ontario wants beer freedom, Beckham teams up with H&M, and Rihanna rumoured at Ottawa sex shop.
Replied to in the finest tradition of shooting the messenger.

I didn't expect you to give a full synopsis of the TV station, it's staff, what kind of towels they have in the bathroom or if they had journalism you liked to watch or not. I rarely agree with everything a group or organisation has to say or offer…but I am able to watch things in isolation and agree with it or use pieces to illustrate a point. I noticed you didn’t take long to bring the BNP into the picture either – as if that’s a valid comparison. You’re at least as obsessed with equating anything right wing with the BNP/EDL as I am with religious polemics, perhaps more so.

Anyway you’re not really interested in seeing anything objectively are you? I notice you have not commentated on Salim’s very valid point about not letting terrorists of any ideology silence debate. That was the point I was trying to highlight whilst you were busy accusing me of being a potential murderer/inspiration to other terrorists simply because you disagree with my views or find them uncomfortable. At no point in the Northern Ireland conflict do I recall anyone saying all Irish people are in the IRA and support it…yet you seem to think anyone who criticises religion (especially Islam), wants to debate and see changes to immigration and naturalisation in the West, or is not a cultural relativist/opposes the divisive doctrine of multiculturalism, is a prospective skinhead thug or mass murderer.

Debates surrounding culture, immigration, the role of religion and Islam in particular in the West and a whole host of other things are not going to go away just because thought police supporters like yourself are not able to separate political views of peaceful people from thugs and terrorists. In fact, it’s of prime importance these things are debated and that the media and politicians start taking them seriously so they remain in the realm of debate and away from the realm of the street thugs.

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.