Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Norway shootings thread

Norway shootings thread

Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:26 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norway shootings thread

Originally Posted by sherri
There is no difference between him and an islamist extremist/terrorist, both have killed innocent people and encourage more mayhem and bloodshed to achieve their twisted motives. Also, folks who believe in his ideology are no different from people who endorse Muslim extremists.

Before you challenge my statement, please read his book, I’m currently on page 506!
There's a wide ideological difference, he's essentially a white nationalist and anti-Marxist Christian. Islamists have global domination aspirations, white nationalism champions the primacy of native Europeans and their culture in their own land and are against mass immigration, not for attacking everyone and stamping their culture on other countries (that's white supremacy) Most white nationalists are very peaceful and do little more than moan about immigration.

Where they are similar is in their use of violence and terror to achieve their aims. This man is a much smaller threat to much fewer people than the average Jihadist.

N.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:37 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes he is a culturalist.

In my view what he did bear a resemblance to Gandhi's assassination. Nathuram Godse, assassin of Gandhi, was a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or RSS (National Volunteers' Organisation in English) that was and is a hard line Hindu nationalist group that believes India only belongs to Hindus and they felt that Gandhi was getting in their way to take over India. It seems Anders Breivik has done all this to deliver Godse style speech at his trial to inspire others to follow on this footsteps.
There are a few on here that have described themselves as such.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:37 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he is a culturalist.

In my view what he did bear a resemblance to Gandhi's assassination. Nathuram Godse, assassin of Gandhi, was a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or RSS (National Volunteers' Organisation in English) that was and is a hard line Hindu nationalist group that believes India only belongs to Hindus and they felt that Gandhi was getting in their way to take over India. It seems Anders Breivik has done all this to deliver Godse style speech at his trial to inspire others to follow on this footsteps.
The last time India suffered mass immigration against the will of it's people was when Muslims invaded and topped off at least 50million before the British arrived anyway.

Supporting native rights in the face of invasion...I mean immigration is hardly a reason to go on one man killing sprees.

N.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by WakeUp
There are a few on here that have described themselves as such.
Like me...

Makes me glad that I, and a lot of the people I share my views with don't think for a second that lone wolf killing sprees will achieve anything beyond infamy and universal condemnation.

This man has gone down the Guy Fawkes route and will end up with his head on a literal or proverbial stake. Men like George Washingon, Thomas Paine and Benjamin Franklin are far better examples of non-pacifistic resistance to tyranny.

N.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:49 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Like me...

Makes me glad that I, and a lot of the people I share my views with don't think for a second that lone wolf killing sprees will achieve anything beyond infamy and universal condemnation.

This man has gone down the Guy Fawkes route and will end up with his head on a literal or proverbial stake. Men like George Washingon, Thomas Paine and Benjamin Franklin are far better examples of non-pacifistic resistance to tyranny.

N.
He seems to think that a 70 year war is coming in Europe. While no one but a mad man will condone what he has done there are many who are sympathetic his core beliefs. Very sad indeed.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can all see what an anti-multicuralism right winger is capable of.

The chilling thing is that he killed that number simply because he ran out of bullets. If he'd had more bullets he would have continued....

Again, this raises the question of punishments- if the maximum penalty is not a threat to would be criminals (this guy and islamic terrorists too), then what can societies do to protect themselves from these cancers?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:13 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

The chilling thing is that he killed that number simply because he ran out of bullets. If he'd had more bullets he would have continued....

Again, this raises the question of punishments- if the maximum penalty is not a threat to would be criminals (this guy and islamic terrorists too), then what can societies do to protect themselves from these cancers?
Actually, according to Norwegian media today he had an astonishing number of rounds left for both the handgun and the automatic rifle when he was apprehended, but it was time for the next phase (in his insane plan) which meant he needed to surrender.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Apparantly, he did not run out of bullets. He did however use ammunition which disintegrates upon impact, causing increased internal damage.

Education, tolerance, etc, etc..These cancers can only be beaten by crushing them ideologically. But nutbags like Breivik do come along occasionally and there is not much one can do once people have become so convinced in their own ideology that they ware willing to kill for it. I think it would be sad if societies became so paranoid that people's freedoms become infringed upon. It is interesting to note that this has not started to surface in the Norwegian media thus far, increased security, harsher punishment. The Nordic approach to the penal system is however one of correction rather than punishment. Have you seen the most luxurious prison in the world? It's in Norway. Looks more like a somewhat fortified boutique hotel than anything else. As far as I am aware, repeat offenders are also at very low levels in these countries.

But this is an extraordinary case. He obviously exhibits a threat to the wider society, but once he has served his sentence, can he be detained longer based on his views? Though I wouldn't be surprised if he is deemed to be a danger to society and a complete lunatic and locked up in an institution for the rest of his life.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:29 pm

One act doesn't mean a thing for his views. If we have weekly attacks (you know, like Islamic radicals) worldwide then we might have to start looking at his views a bit more closely.

Or perhaps you are suggesting now that holding views like his (like loving your own culture more than others in your own land) means raising a red flag and putting people on watch lists?

N.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:11 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Education, tolerance, etc, etc..These cancers can only be beaten by crushing them ideologically. But nutbags like Breivik do come along occasionally and there is not much one can do once people have become so convinced in their own ideology that they ware willing to kill for it. I think it would be sad if societies became so paranoid that people's freedoms become infringed upon. It is interesting to note that this has not started to surface in the Norwegian media thus far, increased security, harsher punishment. The Nordic approach to the penal system is however one of correction rather than punishment.
Their PM struck the nail on the head when he said:
I hope that we will be able to maintain, some of the most important things we seen in Norwegian society. We are an open society, we are a democratic society, and we are a society where we have a very close relationship between politicians and the people. Norway is a country where people can be active in political organizations without being afraid, where they have the right to have controversial opinions without being afraid and that will our ability an open and free democratic society.
You can never really inflict a harsh enough punishment on murderers but I think the best punishment in this case could be to make the offender realise his actions where wrong. Society does not agree with his ideas and his actions, far from encouraging a revolution, cements peoples ideas about the need for a liberal and open society .
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The 'death toll' has been reduced from 93 to 76.............. how did they get that wrong??
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

There's a wide ideological difference, he's essentially a white nationalist and anti-Marxist Christian. Islamists have global domination aspirations, white nationalism champions the primacy of native Europeans and their culture in their own land and are against mass immigration, not for attacking everyone and stamping their culture on other countries (that's white supremacy) Most white nationalists are very peaceful and do little more than moan about immigration.

Where they are similar is in their use of violence and terror to achieve their aims. This man is a much smaller threat to much fewer people than the average Jihadist.

N.
You are trying to defend the un-defendable! Suggesting that he and his alliance are a smaller threat than an average jihadist is pure BS tbh.

In my view, there is no ideological difference. I repeat, please read his book (unless you are one of the contributors he mentioned in his book) and use some common sense – you should have plenty of this at your disposal as an atheist unlike a dolt like me who is a believer.

His ideology clearly advocates “Cultural supremacy”. Also, he talks about having 3 states in the Middle East to control Islamic expansion and we know who would be the future king on the sandpit
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
You can never really inflict a harsh enough punishment on murderers but I think the best punishment in this case could be to make the offender realise his actions where wrong. Society does not agree with his ideas and his actions, far from encouraging a revolution, cements peoples ideas about the need for a liberal and open society .
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:23 pm

You are trying to defend the un-defendable! Suggesting that he and his alliance are a smaller threat than an average jihadist is pure BS tbh.

In my view, there is no ideological difference. I repeat, please read his book (unless you are one of the contributors he mentioned in his book) and use some common sense – you should have plenty of this at your disposal as an atheist unlike a dolt like me who is a believer.

His ideology clearly advocates “Cultural supremacy”. Also, he talks about having 3 states in the Middle East to control Islamic expansion and we know who would be the future king on the sandpit
I'm disputing your claim that there is no ideological difference and that his group, cell or whatever it may be is not as big a threat as the global jihad which is well documented as covering every continent.

I have just started reading his book right now - it's rambling and seems to mix a lot of truth with lies - I'll probably give further thoughts when I have read it. I don't have the stomach or time to really go into it right now as I am still reeling over what he's done and how, by quoting quite legitimate political viewpoints, has done much to harm them (example: now every one who opposes multiculturalism, cultural relativism and social Marxism will be lumped with this utter looney).

I also know of via blogspace; at least one of the people he has quoted in his book. A Norwegian blogger who has categorically distanced himself from this man but was even accused of being him until the real fellow was arrested.

Oh, and don't even try to suggest I contributed to his book. I knew nothing of this man until the news broke - my views do not include or condone lone wolf mass killings to get people to read my rambling books.

N.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:24 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disputing your claim that there is no ideological difference and that his group, cell or whatever it may be is not as big a threat as the global jihad which is well documented as covering every continent.

I have just started reading his book right now - it's rambling and seems to mix a lot of truth with lies - I'll probably give further thoughts when I have read it. I don't have the stomach or time to really go into it right now as I am still reeling over what he's done and how, by quoting quite legitimate political viewpoints, has done much to harm them (example: now every one who opposes multiculturalism, cultural relativism and social Marxism will be lumped with this utter looney).

I also know of via blogspace; at least one of the people he has quoted in his book. A Norwegian blogger who has categorically distanced himself from this man but was even accused of being him until the real fellow was arrested.

Oh, and don't even try to suggest I contributed to his book. I knew nothing of this man until the news broke - my views do not include or condone lone wolf mass killings to get people to read my rambling books.

N.
It seems a lot of it is plagiarised. See the media thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.