Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Norway shootings thread

Norway shootings thread

Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Norway shootings thread

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think we just have to accept that he is a nutcase and hope he dies a rather nasty death himself. We can't change the past sadly.
Difficult isn't it. I'd love to sang hang him / electrecute him...however a lifetime in solitary would maybe be harder to serve than death.

Don't know what I'd want if it had been my little brother / sister etc.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:00 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Well it turns out the sick puppy is a little more calculating than the average degenerate psychopath. He has even written a 1500+ page manifest on how to overthrow the 'cultural marxists'. In it he describes in detail what makes people valid targets and classifies them into categories of traitors and together with appropriate punishments and so on. He also goes into detail of how to plan a 'mission'. It is bone chilling stuff and includes a diary of his actions over the last 6 months or so...Apparently he has planning this for 9 years!!!

Google '2083 A European Declaration of Independence'

He posted the manifest just hours before the bomb went off. By the way from what I have read it looks like his primary mission was the bomb and the secondary (or bonus mission as he calls it) was the shooting of the island. He describes in the manifest how to select locations and everything...

Norway has 21 years as maximum prison sentence, but there is room for death penalty to be used in 'times of war' (very loosely defined in the law). Don't be surprised if this guy is taken out. Permanently. Not least because because in the manifest he describes the capture (which I always found strange - why would he just surrender) as the next step in the plan and calls it the 'propaganda phase'......
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

We can look for all sorts of explanations for his actions and behaviour, but it defies rationalisation. Many people have what would most of us would consider extreme beleiefs, but they don't go on killing sprees. Sometimes, sadly, there are people who do awful things. Always have been and I suspect always will be.

Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:01 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Well it turns out the sick puppy is a little more calculating than the average degenerate psychopath. He has even written a 1500+ page manifest on how to overthrow the 'cultural marxists'. In it he describes in detail what makes people valid targets and classifies them into categories of traitors and together with appropriate punishments and so on. He also goes into detail of how to plan a 'mission'. It is bone chilling stuff and includes a diary of his actions over the last 6 months or so...Apparently he has planning this for 9 years!!!

He posted the manifest just hours before the bomb went off. By the way from what I have read it looks like his primary mission was the bomb and the secondary (or bonus mission as he calls it) was the shooting of the island. He describes in the manifest how to select locations and everything...

Norway has 21 years as maximum prison sentence, but there is room for death penalty to be used in 'times of war' (very loosely defined in the law). Don't be surprised if this guy is taken out. Permanently. Not least because because in the manifest he describes the capture (which I always found strange - why would he just surrender) as the next step in the plan and calls it the 'propaganda phase'......
This has sent shock waves around the right leaning blogsphere...the ones who coined the term"cultural Marxism" - I don't know of any of them who advocate blowing up their own government and people over it though.

This fellow has obviously found a vent through which to let off his deranged steam. I suspect if he were born in the UAE he'd using political Islamism as his excuse. Whatever the case, we'll hear his case tomorrow according to the media.

I hope Norway enforces the death penalty in this instance. It won't bring anyone back but it guarantees no one will have to worry about him escaping jail or living off the taxpayer for the next 30 years.

N.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Had a brief glance at his manifesto, very detailed plans for preserving cultural heritage indeed. I've heard some reports stating he had planned it for 9 years or so, accumulating all his necessities. I must admit to having revealed some racist tendencies when I first heard about it, I was convinced it would have been a muslim fundamentalist or something. The attack was a pure political attack as far as I understand, his views obviously made him do these things. It will be interesting to see what he has to say for himself. Now, I have always thought that Norwegians were generally a happy people with a very tolerant society, so what made this sick man do this? It's hardly like life in Norway can be so tough that violence is the only answer. I really hope noone decides to follow up on his ideas for this revolution.

As for what to do with him, I am finding it difficult to say. With the maximum sentence of 21 years, he would b out by the time he was 53..But I'd assume there would be room in the law to have him locked up. They are saying he is not mentally ill, but to commit such a crime you must be completely ****ed in the head.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:26 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Norway shootings thread

Indeed. I've heard a lot of people call for a police state to deal with this but it’s unlikely to hinder people who want to perpetuate crimes like this anyway. In my view such measures may be counterproductive in the long run increasing paranoia amongst those who hold ideas outside the normal political spectrum.

Benjamin Franklin captured it much more neatly “They that give up liberty to purchase a little temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security”. He was right, a free society must always be in some inherent danger or by definition it’s not free.

Now compared Norway to society’s that purport to offer more security and, more often than not, Norway is actually a much safer and more prosporus society. So I hope they continue on as they have done and maybe we should take a leaf from their book as well?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Please - PLEASE - whatever he has done, however horrific....... not the death penalty, especially in a nation known for its peaceful approach to just about everything.

If I murder someone, or even 90 people, that's bad. But if the government then kills me, that's OK?? I don't follow the logic.

The death penalty isn't justice - it's revenge, which has no place in the legal system of a civilised country.

Put it another way: there is no evidence anywhere that the death penalty acts as a deterrent. If Norway had a system of capital punishment, would it have prevented this atrocity? Almost certainly not............
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
We’re waiting for his explanation in court on Monday but if the media speculation is to be believed the perpetrator, Breivik is a man who was right-wing and anti-Sharia. He was not a neo-Nazi, but pro-Israel/Jewish, and he also apparently wasn’t particularly racist as he opposed the BNP because they are racist. He was also a Christian but not a fanatic (he was pro-gay rights).

This is what the media has dug up on Breivik so far, based apparently on his internet posts in 2010. Of course we’ll hear from his own lips why he did what he did tomorrow but he certainly doesn’t fit the bill of a mass murderer in waiting.

So apparently he was a lot like me…liberal right, anti-racist, pro-gay and pro-Israel. So I’m asking myself how does someone like that become a terrorist who kills his own people??? Where is the motive for this? According to his views he should be out moaning about immigrants and grumbling about Sharia law, not committing cold blooded murder against teens.

If this is an attack on the left it’s a very strange one. Why did he sadistically target youths who have nothing to do with policy? Even Norway’s centre-left government is quite extreme and support the war in Libya and Afghanistan – so why would he attack them?

I am puzzled, dismayed and utterly shocked. I hope he turns out to be a lone wolf Tim McVey type nut job who acted alone and isn’t part of a wider network of cold blooded murderers who will strike again and again – we have enough of those in the world already.

All I can think of right now is how terrible this day is for the parents who are burying their children.

N.
From his writings , he was very opposed to Multiculturalism and Cultural Marxism.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:31 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
From his writings , he was very opposed to Multiculturalism and Cultural Marxism.
was he a 'culturalist'?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Norway youths discussed Palestine prior to attack.

Forty-eight hours before Friday massacre, teens participating in ruling party youth camp met with Norwegian foreign minister. Some called for boycott of Israel

Ynet Published: 07.24.11, 08:23 / Israel News

The teenagers who took part in Norway's ruling party youth camp in the island of Utoya met with Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere and demanded he recognize Palestine on Wednesday, two days before the deadly terror attack which left many of them dead.

Gahr Stoere told the youths that the Palestinians deserve a country of their own and that the occupation must end, Norwegian website Politisk reported. Several of the youths waved signs reading: "Boycott Israel."

Earlier this week, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas visited Norway and was told that Oslo will recognize Palestine, but not just yet.

The Norwegian FM told the youths Oslo is waiting for the official Palestinian proposal to be submitted to the UN in September.

Eskil Pedersen, leader of the Workers' Youth League said that the movement endorses a financial embargo on Israel.

He said that they will pursue a more active policy in the Middle East and expressed support for the resumption of peace talks. Gahr Stoere agreed, but said a boycott was not the way, explaining it will turn the dialogue into a monologue.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...099122,00.html

Theres a picture in the link of youth holding up a "Boycott Israel"banner at the youth camp prior to the attack.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:00 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...099122,00.html

Theres a picture in the link of youth holding up a "Boycott Israel"banner at the youth camp prior to the attack.
what are you trying to say? are you suggesting that the fact that norwegian youth (similar to youth in most western countries) support the palestinians is the reason why he killed in excess of 90 people?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

what are you trying to say? are you suggesting that the fact that norwegian youth (similar to youth in most western countries) support the palestinians is the reason why he killed in excess of 90 people?
I think that was 1 factor amongst many. He seems to be pro Israel and anti Cultural Marxist. So maybee the guy choose the youth camp because they were in his eyes opposed to everything he stood for ( i.e. cultural marxism, opposing Israel, supporting Muslims).
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:16 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

I think that was 1 factor amongst many. He seems to be pro Israel and anti Cultural Marxist. So maybee the guy choose the youth camp because they were in his eyes opposed to everything he stood for ( i.e. cultural marxism, opposing Israel, supporting Muslims).
of course he chose the camp because of the attendees' opinions and perceived 'threat' to his ideal society, but pulling up the fact that they support the palestinians in their struggle against the israelis is simplistic and stupid not to mention that it doesn't fit with the timeline. if you had taken the time to look a bit further than the headlines you would have seen that the chap had been planning this for several years.

as a complete side note i bet that if you ask 100 teenagers in Norway whether they support the palestinians then more than 90 will answer positively. this is not due to hating the jews or opposing the israeli state, but that the israelis are behaving rather badly and have done so for many many years....
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

of course he chose the camp because of the attendees' opinions and perceived 'threat' to his ideal society, but pulling up the fact that they support the palestinians in their struggle against the israelis is simplistic and stupid not to mention that it doesn't fit with the timeline. if you had taken the time to look a bit further than the headlines you would have seen that the chap had been planning this for several years.

as a complete side note i bet that if you ask 100 teenagers in Norway whether they support the palestinians then more than 90 will answer positively. this is not due to hating the jews or opposing the israeli state, but that the israelis are behaving rather badly and have done so for many many years....
I mentioned it because I think it needs to be said, as we hear a lot about him being a Christian Fundementalist, Nationalist and erroneously referred to as a Nazi but his support for Israel is in my expereince not soo widely mentioned (atleast here in American media ).
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:31 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

the fact that norwegian youth (similar to youth in most western countries) support the palestinians is the reason why he killed in excess of 90 people?
The fact that most escaped witnesses (at least all shown on TV) seem to be non-ethnic norwegians IMHO better explains the reasons.

Last edited by northbadawi; Jul 24th 2011 at 6:48 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.