British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bucket of Vindaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bucket-vindaloo-914088/)

Scamp Jun 25th 2018 9:07 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12521929)
What are the odds on England going all the way and winning ? :rolleyes:

Start of tournament I got 18/1. Now they are 9/1.
Either way it's free money because we're going to win this one and the next one under Sir Gareth (who should also be named Prime Minister on his return).

weasel decentral Jun 25th 2018 9:33 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12521940)
Start of tournament I got 18/1. Now they are 9/1.
Either way it's free money because we're going to win this one and the next one under Sir Gareth (who should also be named Prime Minister on his return).

Even though it would make English football fans insufferable to listen to for another 50 years :) , I wouldn't mind seeing England lift the cup. England, Belgium or Croatia would be a great underdog story.

Millhouse Jun 25th 2018 10:00 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 
England Belgium final.

We lose to them in the groups, win in the final.

co durham boy Jun 25th 2018 10:09 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12521973)
England Belgium final.

We lose to them in the groups, win in the final.

Can't see it , would love it if they did but those 3 at the back will get exposed against top class opposition and we lack that one great player in midfield . If England had Modric then you'd have a proper side.

Scamp Jun 25th 2018 10:10 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12521959)
Even though it would make English football fans insufferable to listen to for another 50 years :) , I wouldn't mind seeing England lift the cup. England, Belgium or Croatia would be a great underdog story.

Lovely backhanded compliment. We probably deserve another world cup win for the hope and expectations we've suffered with.


Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12521973)
England Belgium final.

We lose to them in the groups, win in the final.

I'd definitely take it.

britexpat76 Jun 25th 2018 10:30 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12521980)
Can't see it , would love it if they did but those 3 at the back will get exposed against top class opposition and we lack that one great player in midfield . If England had Modric then you'd have a proper side.

I thought I was the only one disappointed yesterday, I think against a good team they would have scored 4 and us probably 3..........

Our defence is terrible but going forward we look good and full of running......... Certainly the most exciting WC team we've had for a long time

britexpat76 Jun 25th 2018 10:31 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12521887)
Not had a look at today's games yet. Got to focus on other things like my fantasy team and work.


That was close, I should have stuck to my one and only bet but got pissed/excited and went all in on Senagal to win..................

So ive bust my original $60 start which was as high as $160 at one point. I start again tonight, sober

Scamp Jun 25th 2018 10:32 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12521999)
I thought I was the only one disappointed yesterday, I think against a good team they would have scored 4 and us probably 3..........

Our defence is terrible but going forward we look good and full of running......... Certainly the most exciting WC team we've had for a long time

You're so much better than this negativity. Was your mouth out and dream of Gareth being knighted.

britexpat76 Jun 25th 2018 10:40 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12522003)
You're so much better than this negativity. Was your mouth out and dream of Gareth being knighted.


For once, just for once I'm trying not to think were going to go all the way............

Scamp Jun 25th 2018 10:45 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12522009)
For once, just for once I'm trying not to think were going to go all the way............

If I'm honest, my heads gone.

Millhouse Jun 25th 2018 11:22 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12521980)
Can't see it , would love it if they did but those 3 at the back will get exposed against top class opposition and we lack that one great player in midfield . If England had Modric then you'd have a proper side.

Spot on. We basically have no defense - that was apparent in the first game too.

If you think about it, 6-1 was actually 3-1 when you take out (a) the 2 penalties that probably wouldn't have resulted in goals if the game had just played, and (b) the goal that was probably offside and even if it wasn't was an accidental deflection off the back of Kane's foot. The result looks great, the game was so so. Especially the second half.

weasel decentral Jun 25th 2018 11:44 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12522009)
For once, just for once I'm trying not to think were going to go all the way............

Believe the dream can come true :nod:

Miss Ann Thrope Jun 25th 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12522036)
Believe the dream can come true :nod:

Leave the poor dears alone and stop setting them up for the inevitable come-uppance.

Miss Ann Thrope Jun 25th 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 
Actually no, this is fun.

Come on England!!

And you England fans, just think how great you will feel when the the lads are out there holding old Jules up high, with captain, leader, legend JT right there in the middle of them ( I assume he has already purchased his replica shirt for the occasion).

Bahtatboy Jun 25th 2018 4:04 pm

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo
 

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12519076)
Tournament football is a lot different than the league . Naturally slower and pretty average in the group stages with teams just looking to get over the line as it's only a 3 game group ...

Thankfully that hasn't materialised in the majority of the games I've watched.

Will be watching EngBel with a Belgian colleague, then will be conflicted (not really) if the next one is EngJap bearing in mind that Bahtatgirl is of that particular Asian persuasion.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.