British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bucket of Vindaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bucket-vindaloo-914088/)

IKnowNothing Jun 28th 2018 6:05 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo

I'm not expecting a scintillating game tonight.

But I'm still smiling like a pro brexit Cheshire Cat cos the krauts not only went out but also finished bottom of their group.

It's times like this I wish i still lived in germany.

Millhouse Jun 28th 2018 6:23 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12523657)

But I'm still smiling like a pro brexit Cheshire Cat cos the krauts not only went out but also finished bottom of their group.

0-0 and loads of yellow cards/ corners etc. Both teams trying to secure second place.

co durham boy Jun 28th 2018 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12523667)
0-0 and loads of yellow cards/ corners etc. Both teams trying to secure second place.

Finishing top and progressing on that side of the draw is akin to Eddie Murphy getting that dagger in the Golden Child

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 28th 2018 9:31 am

Finishing top and having the momentum is a huge plus.

Drawing but getting a few yellows to finish second is not the end of the world but frankly I don't care either way we go in the draw. We'll beat everyone because it's coming home.

reddiva Jun 28th 2018 9:36 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12523657)

When I lived there, if there was a Germany v England game on, all the lads were confined to camp

britexpat76 Jun 28th 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12523732)
Finishing top and having the momentum is a huge plus.

Drawing but getting a few yellows to finish second is not the end of the world but frankly I don't care either way we go in the draw. We'll beat everyone because it's coming home.

Im starting to believe more each time I watch any of the big boys play. Brazil look shit the only ones so far that have really impressed are Croatia.

Kick off at 2100, I shall be in the bar at 1600 to secure a prime seat and get splattered prior to the match.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 28th 2018 11:16 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12523759)
Kick off at 2100, I shall be in the bar at 1600 to secure a prime seat and get splattered prior to the match.

I'm going to Barasti.

britexpat76 Jun 28th 2018 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12523788)
I'm going to Barasti.

Cant beat a bit of Barnasty mate.

weasel decentral Jun 28th 2018 11:45 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12523759)
Im starting to believe more each time I watch any of the big boys play. Brazil look shit the only ones so far that have really impressed are Croatia.

Will you go to Russia for the final or watch England here?

britexpat76 Jun 28th 2018 11:52 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12523804)
Will you go to Russia for the final or watch England here?

I shall be in Ibiza for it so no escaping. If I was here I would be tempted to fly there for the weekend as it would most probably be the only chance in my lifetime to watch them in a final.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 28th 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12523798)
Cant beat a bit of Barnasty mate.

International football in that dome? Stop it.

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12523811)
I shall be in Ibiza for it so no escaping. If I was here I would be tempted to fly there for the weekend as it would most probably be the only chance in my lifetime to watch them in a final.

I'm in the UK, it's meant to be. It's going to happen.

#AriseSirGareth

Millhouse Jun 29th 2018 5:18 pm

I know it’s friday but... no comments about the football?

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 1st 2018 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12524658)
I know it’s friday but... no comments about the football?

Meh. I was battered by the time we conceded.

It was exactly as predicted - turgid. But look at the positives - as a management team they made a decision and got on with it. We weren't embarrassed or run ragged, we weren't exciting or impressive. It was probably just as they wanted, so let's not worry about it because it's coming home.

fezzer Jul 1st 2018 5:19 am

It's coming home, Fact!

reddiva Jul 1st 2018 5:41 am

Originally Posted by fezzer (Post 12525278)

Not a chance. I reckon Columbia will give us a good game and if i am brutally honest i think they will send us home