British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bucket of Vindaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bucket-vindaloo-914088/)

jam25mack Jul 1st 2018 5:43 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12523788)
I'm going to Barasti.

I was in Barnasty too.... Bud only.... meh!

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 1st 2018 5:46 am

Originally Posted by reddiva (Post 12525281)
Not a chance. I reckon Columbia will give us a good game and if i am brutally honest i think they will send us home

They'll be a stiff test, that's for sure but don't forget, we aren't totally shit at the moment like we usually are.

The downfall will be us playing possession football camped in their half knocking it sideways for 75 minutes whilst they hit us on a counter attack and win 1-0.

Millhouse Jul 2nd 2018 5:51 am

It's getting interesting. Two games ending in penalties, did you take a bath last night Scamp or did your crystal ball foresee this?

Bahtatboy Jul 2nd 2018 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12525692)
It's getting interesting. Two games ending in penalties, did you take a bath last night Scamp or did your crystal ball foresee this?

Have the officials forgotten or abandoned the rule about the goalkeeper not moving off his line before the ball's kicked? On a couple of penalties I've watched the 'keeper was half way to the penalty spot.

That aside, it certainly is interesting.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 2nd 2018 6:19 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12525282)
I was in Barnasty too.... Bud only.... meh!

Horrid stuff. I finished by swigging whisky and puking on a table.

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12525692)

My crystal ball is well and truly ****ed buddy. I have been throwing good money after bad sadly.

I thought Brazil would walk it today but frankly, I think a draw is possible. Belgium will win though I reckon.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 2nd 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12525699)
Horrid stuff. I finished by swigging whisky and puking on a table.

My crystal ball is well and truly ****ed buddy. I have been throwing good money after bad sadly.

I thought Brazil would walk it today but frankly, I think a draw is possible. Belgium will win though I reckon.

You should borrow my crystal ball
I have written proof that I predicted the penalty outcome for both matches last night and won both times
sad that I am not a betting man

Millhouse Jul 2nd 2018 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12525762)
You should borrow my crystal ball
I have written proof that I predicted the penalty outcome for both matches last night and won both times
sad that I am not a betting man

watching on catch up doesn’t count.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 2nd 2018 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12525806)

watching on catch up doesn’t count.

ha!
Nah, I got myself a proper dodgy ****** *** now, its 100% authentic copy! Just watching it in another language thats all :D
and my predictions were atleast 30 minutes before it happened..so there :P

TheShed Jul 2nd 2018 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12525816)
ha!
Nah, I got myself a proper dodgy ****** *** now, its 100% authentic copy! Just watching it in another language thats all :D
and my predictions were atleast 30 minutes before it happened..so there :P

hmm, I guess you live in a different time zone as the time stamps on my WhatsApp messages are way beyond the end of the match ;)

weasel decentral Jul 3rd 2018 3:18 am

Looking forward to tonight, I'm conservatively predicting England 4-1 v Colombia. With some of the bigger players being rested for the semi final and final. (Though it would be nice for Kane to wrap up the golden boot early with another hat trick)

co durham boy Jul 3rd 2018 4:39 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12526308)
Looking forward to tonight, I'm conservatively predicting England 4-1 v Colombia. With some of the bigger players being rested for the semi final and final. (Though it would be nice for Kane to wrap up the golden boot early with another hat trick)

I think England will score goals but I think they'll conceded as well . The test comes when put under pressure in the knockout stages . This is where the big players step up and come good , you'd think England will have more than enough but you never know.

You also need to keep your shape and discipline as good players will punish you at this level .

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2018 4:43 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12526321)
I think England will score goals but I think they'll conceded as well . The test comes when put under pressure in the knockout stages . This is where the big players step up and come good , you'd think England will have more than enough but you never know.

You also need to keep your shape and discipline as good players will punish you at this level .

Don't worry mate, it's coming home.

Bahtatboy Jul 3rd 2018 6:45 am

**** me sideways, that was painful last night. Japan's defence was 6 boys chasing a ball, and they tackled liked they were awestruck. Correct result, I regret to say.

Tonight: 5:2.

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 3rd 2018 7:29 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12526308)

Shameless

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2018 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12526354)
**** me sideways, that was painful last night. Japan's defence was 6 boys chasing a ball, and they tackled liked they were awestruck. Correct result, I regret to say.

Tonight: 5:2.

I was bloody gutted. Japan play some very good football at times and nearly executed a solid game plan.

Strange / fluke / unlikely goal to get Belgium back in it, even if it was meant.

Japan lacked that killer instinct and ability to close the game out. Belgium were ruthless.