British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bucket of Vindaloo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bucket-vindaloo-914088/)

Millhouse Jun 19th 2018 8:41 am

Bucket of Vindaloo

So... we probably all watched it.

Our boys where alright (once I released we were playing in red, not white) and all over them for about 25mins. Then they seem to get tired and need their oranges. The midges must have been a pain.

Final result is all that matters anyway. This WC has had a lot of surprises so far.

weasel decentral Jun 19th 2018 9:31 am

Re: Bucket of Vindaloo

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12518577)

Our boys where alright (once I released we were playing in red, not white) and all over them for about 25mins. Then they seem to get tired and need their oranges. The midges must have been a pain.

Final result is all that matters anyway. This WC has had a lot of surprises so far.

Wasn't the worse game I've seen so far - (that was Iran vs Morocco) but as an exercise to get the first game nerves out of the way and to get an all important victory, it got the job done.

Vs panama seems a lot more straightforward now, and the kicking that they will get from Belgium should be irrelevant to qualifying out of the group.

reddiva Jun 19th 2018 10:01 am

I fell asleep during the first half and did not expect them to win ( POS)

spouse of scouse Jun 19th 2018 10:06 am

I've banned Scouse from watching any matches until he gets over the flu. Too much yelling, coughing, spraying and snotting - couldn't even enjoy my Indian take-away (coincidentally, a vindaloo curry).

Millhouse Jun 19th 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12518600)
Wasn't the worse game I've seen so far - (that was Iran vs Morocco).

That was truly a terrible game although the goal was amazing - great header and keeper didn't have a chance, just the wrong net.

co durham boy Jun 20th 2018 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12518577)

Tournament football is a lot different than the league . Naturally slower and pretty average in the group stages with teams just looking to get over the line as it's only a 3 game group . I thought England equipped themselves well to be honest as most teams will just sit deep and defend .

The next game could see a better showing as Panama need something from the game which plays into England's hands as they're better on the counter attack . The outcome of the Belgium game will have en effect on the route through in knockout so it's important you get in the right half of the draw.

Confidence is the key with young sides as once you're playing catch up its difficult . The big sides have tournament mentality and can recover .

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 20th 2018 4:29 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12519076)
Tournament football is a lot different than the league . Naturally slower and pretty average in the group stages with teams just looking to get over the line as it's only a 3 game group . I thought England equipped themselves well to be honest as most teams will just sit deep and defend .

The next game could see a better showing as Panama need something from the game which plays into England's hands as they're better on the counter attack . The outcome of the Belgium game will have en effect on the route through in knockout so it's important you get in the right half of the draw.

Confidence is the key with young sides as once you're playing catch up its difficult . The big sides have tournament mentality and can recover .

More than happy to finish second if Germany do too.
Poland looking decidedly average, along with that entire group actually is a real positive.

co durham boy Jun 20th 2018 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12519089)
More than happy to finish second if Germany do too.
Poland looking decidedly average, along with that entire group actually is a real positive.

2018 is already better than 2010 which was probably the worst one in history and maybe could be best for a few years once sides really start to push it .

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 20th 2018 5:56 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12519113)
2018 is already better than 2010 which was probably the worst one in history and maybe could be best for a few years once sides really start to push it .

I think we all readily forget that we've been to 3 semi finals in the history of the world cup. We aren't exactly prolific and the QFs is a great target and achievement.

Millhouse Jun 20th 2018 7:37 am

This is exactly the sort of deep analysis I was hoping for.

Going to leave early today to watch Iran vs. Spain.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 20th 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12519142)
This is exactly the sort of deep analysis I was hoping for.

Going to leave early today to watch Iran vs. Spain.

I think that could be a corker of a game. Iran will just get battered but had some serious resilience in their opening game, I've

Easy to forget that teams have got to the world cup on the merit of qualifying, so by rights aren't totally shit. Not like the last Euro's when they just let everyone in.

britexpat76 Jun 20th 2018 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12519159)
I think that could be a corker of a game. Iran will just get battered but had some serious resilience in their opening game, I've

Easy to forget that teams have got to the world cup on the merit of qualifying, so by rights aren't totally shit. Not like the last Euro's when they just let everyone in.

Today must be the easiest gambling day yet, Portugal, Spain and Uruguay treble? Been some shocking results for punters so far.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 20th 2018 8:36 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12519161)
Today must be the easiest gambling day yet, Portugal, Spain and Uruguay treble? Been some shocking results for punters so far.

It was good if you had Portugal to score a penalty at 12/1 against Spain like I did.

Definitely a good treble though, I'll have a slap on that I think sir. Just hate them not being run at the same time

britexpat76 Jun 20th 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12519173)
It was good if you had Portugal to score a penalty at 12/1 against Spain like I did.

Definitely a good treble though, I'll have a slap on that I think sir. Just hate them not being run at the same time

I like the fact they're at different times, gives me plenty of opportunity to chase my losses and dig a deeper hole.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 20th 2018 9:00 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 12519161)

1.54/1 with B365
Worth a punt but bigger amount.

Going to repeat with some both to score / not score add ons