You know your in the UK when .....

Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:08 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know your in the UK when .....

beginning 2014 when the Bulgarians & Romanians have no need to be classified as 'self employed' to get benefits, they can simply continue to collect welfare as well as JSA without working & join the millions of other scroungers in the UK including the home grown ones.
Not to spoil the outrage with facts, but a recent survey of actual Romanians showed only a very tiny percentage with any interest in coming to the UK without a job. Plus the NHS is practically kept afloat by Romanian doctors. I know none of this makes it into the Daily Mail, but the truth rarely does.

You know you're in the UK when ... your neighbour, who's only know you a few months, offers to give up his Sunday afternoon to come and check out a second-hand car you're thinking of buying. Just because he knows a lot about old cars and you don't.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:10 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
You know you are in the UK when..you can step out the back door and pick fresh blackberries and apples for a pie We also have a tree full of damsons, I had never had them before but now Im hooked.
I love the blackberries growing along our lane, but I find I have to be fast to get
to them before everyone else has picked them all. I'll get the timing right next year!
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I love the blackberries growing along our lane, but I find I have to be fast to get
to them before everyone else has picked them all. I'll get the timing right next year!
We used to have to neat one of our dogs many years ago, she just loved blackberries, qand any growing within reach were fair game to her, luckily, although she was a big dog, she could't reach too high.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
That's lovely!.......how DARE you!

Oh boy!! I live in a high 'socio economic' area, not all of us here are in that bracket, so it ameliorates the elitism somewhat. The restaurant belt is 2 minutes from my house. A chap is sometimes to be found there at the mouth of a small shopping mall selling the BI. Just to either side of him are outdoor eating areas of restaurants. Some of those people are recognisable regulars. One of those outlets is expensive.

They just watch this chap.

Every time I pass him I give him $5 for himself. I don't take the BI so he gets the full 5. If it was my last 5 I would still give it to him.
Does that make me a 'hero'? well of course not!! I do it because these people are NOT malingerers 'on benefits'. They are without much support, and with little resource, sometimes battling mental illness, which goes untreated because slimy polishituns have stripped support services.

))
I work for a Community Foundation. We recently did a Community Needs Survey to find out what the community felt were areas of critical need. Top answers: mental Health, affordable housing. Basically foundations end up funding programs that the government is no longer willing to fund, though, heaven knows, they can find the most useless ways to squander taxpayers money.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When you see that 11 years of full time education have not taught people the difference between "your" and "you're" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by scot47; Sep 26th 2013 at 8:03 am.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:48 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Not to spoil the outrage with facts, but a recent survey of actual Romanians showed only a very tiny percentage with any interest in coming to the UK without a job. Plus the NHS is practically kept afloat by Romanian doctors. I know none of this makes it into the Daily Mail, but the truth rarely does.

You know you're in the UK when ... your neighbour, who's only know you a few months, offers to give up his Sunday afternoon to come and check out a second-hand car you're thinking of buying. Just because he knows a lot about old cars and you don't.
Oh come on, read the whole thread and you'll realise facts just get in the way.
You know you are in the UK when your neighbours come over twice a day and walk your dog when you have to go away for the day.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:51 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

You know you are in the UK when it takes an Englishman to win the Americas Cup for America
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You know you are in the UK when it takes an Englishman to win the Americas Cup for America
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Truly? It's been all over the Australian media today that it was an Australian.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of both - Australian skipper but USA brought in Ben Ainslie for tactics at 8-1 down

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...eback-win.html
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:35 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

when people you meet keep on whinging about how bad things are, that the ship is sinking, the government is crap, there's nothing here for us, we need a better future for the children ... 'we are going to emigrate'

Or some of those older folks that tell you 'if I was younger, I'd emigrate'
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:39 pm
Banned

LOL, the Aussie skipper couldnt win an argument until they bought in Sir Ben Ainslee, the rest is history.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:43 pm
Banned

a 100 year old house is a new build
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by scot47
When you see that 11 years of full time education have not taught people the difference between "your" and "you're" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
same in all the English speaking countries...
Old Sep 26th 2013, 2:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
when people you meet keep on whinging about how bad things are, that the ship is sinking, the government is crap, there's nothing here for us, we need a better future for the children ... 'we are going to emigrate'

Or some of those older folks that tell you 'if I was younger, I'd emigrate'
Sounds like BE..............and the strange thing is a few years later one can see a lot of those who left, preparing to go back.
The ones for whom migration works the best seem to be those who move TO something, not AWAY from something

Returning to the Big Issue sellers - my brother used to sell it.
He sat outside Waitrose in Bath (rich clientelle) with a mangy dog on a bit of string and people felt sorry for him. On a good day he could make £250 - and this was in 1995 - plus several tins of dog food.
He would go round to Dad or Mum for dinner several times a week, and they paid all the fines he got when he went shoplifting cos he said the dole wasn't enough to buy food with.
He wasn't homeless, he was subletting a council flat from a mate and they were BOTH claiming housing benefit for it as the sole tenant.

He spent the proceeds from the Big Issue sales on heroin.

And people wonder why I am cynical when someone approaches me and claims to be homeless and destitute and will I buy their poxy paper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.