You know your in the UK when .....

Old Sep 26th 2013, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know your in the UK when .....

Originally Posted by bandrui
Funny, it wasn't so long ago that people smoked on buses, in cinemas, in pubs and restaurants, and noone had anything to say about it. Funny that.
That doesn't mean they liked it.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 3:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
True. Most of us just put up with it - no point in complaining, it wouldn't make the air cleaner.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 3:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Or some of those older folks that tell you 'if I was younger, I'd emigrate'
My child, raised in Toronto, emigrated to Tower Hamlets. I saw her the other week, which is rare because, starting in London, you can go to all kinds of places cheaply, so she's almost never home. She was delighted with all the excitement they have in the big city and, curiously, said nothing about the streets being paved with dog shit.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:15 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:17 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
My child, raised in Toronto, emigrated to Tower Hamlets. I saw her the other week, which is rare because, starting in London, you can go to all kinds of places cheaply, so she's almost never home. She was delighted with all the excitement they have in the big city and, curiously, said nothing about the streets being paved with dog shit.
Good for her & trust that she is enjoying it.

Back on topic .... and I was having a rant about wots all not right in the UK

On the dog poo, its just like folks that say they have never seen anyone selling 'The Big Issue'

https://www.hackney.gov.uk/ee-animal...m#.UkRqxdK-ofg

and the stats of how much is in the landfill as ell as the cost in the link below

http://www.streetkleen.co.uk/uk-dog-waste-stats.html
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:23 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

you know you are in the UK when some ex-pats having returned back take offense when others not in the UK make comments about what is wrong with it.

And maybe that's why those returned ex-pats love the UK so much to appreciate having left & are back that they know which side of the fence the grass is greener.....
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:32 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
True. Most of us just put up with it - no point in complaining, it wouldn't make the air cleaner.
Smoking was just seen as 'normal' amazingly even in restaurants, cafes and in planes. There wasnt much point complaing as it was legal and seemingly accepted. It wasnt until we became more enlightened that people started seeing sense.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:49 pm
Dichotomus tinker

when council house tenants are forever complaining about the bedroom tax as they fall behind in rent, then get a notice of eviction

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...x-8825074.html
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I have always hated smoking, way before it became socially unacceptable and I think a lot of people felt the same. I particularly hated the fact that there used to be smoking areas in planes, what brainiac came up with that idea?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:33 pm
Banned

the village postman just puts parcels inside the backdoor.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in the UK when you attempt to make a doctors appointment for a 3 year old who really needs to see a doctor and you get told the earliest available appointment is 2 weeks away.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:44 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
the village postman just puts parcels inside the backdoor.
.... and they feed the cat when you are away. Not mine, but a local on Orkney was telling me this. The milkman just takes his money from the kitchen table if no one is home.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lf1
.... and they feed the cat when you are away. Not mine, but a local on Orkney was telling me this. The milkman just takes his money from the kitchen table if no one is home.
Well our neighbour does feed the dog when we are away and takes him for a couple of walks a day. I love village life
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:22 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Well our neighbour does feed the dog when we are away and takes him for a couple of walks a day. I love village life
I do too. I love the sense of community.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lf1
I do too. I love the sense of community.
Absolutely, we have an abundance of that where we are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.