You know your in the UK when .....

Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:48 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know your in the UK when .....

Yes some would have us believe that is the case.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The pavements are covered in dogshit !
I've been back for 22 months and have yet to see it. I've been surprised that so many dog owners have plastic bags on their hands picking the stuff up immediately. Also lots of dog poo bins. I didn't see this dedication to clean pavements, nature strips or parks in South Australia.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
I've been back for 22 months and have yet to see it. I've been surprised that so many dog owners have plastic bags on their hands picking the stuff up immediately. Also lots of dog poo bins. I didn't see this dedication to clean pavements, nature strips or parks in South Australia.
Going in reverse, I'd have reversed that opinion. I see lots here picking up after their pooches - as some did in Slough, just enough didn't to make it annoying. We had a bin in the park where we walked our own dog - but sometimes that was overflowing as the council didn't empty it. And even when they did, there were some owners that didn't scoop! Think it more depends on the people rather than the place
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Yes same here, we certainly dont see anymore here than we did in Brisbane. I hate to think where some people live that is covers the pavements.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:28 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

You know you're in the UK when

....... you can laugh at british jokes / humor and your not the only one laughing !
....... you can walk in the countryside and not worry someone is going to attack you
....... you can breath in the cool winter air and it tastes sweet.
....... your spoken to by random people passing you by on the street or anywhere else for that matter.
....... ohhh and not forgetting curry sauce on chips from the chippy.

Need I say more 😋
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:47 pm
Banned

Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:08 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

when you cannot walk down the street without seeing some immigrant on benefits is selling 'The Big Issue'
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
when you cannot walk down the street without seeing some immigrant on benefits is selling 'The Big Issue'
What?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:23 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean - is it something that you're not aware of?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/248...t-benefits-ban

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-benefits.html

and this is surely 'you know you are in the UK....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...to-400000.html

Last edited by not2old; Sep 25th 2013 at 8:29 pm. Reason: Added more to the post
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:42 pm
Dichotomus tinker

when Petrol is so expensive compared to the US or Canada

when driving on the wrong side seems daft
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:44 pm
Next chapter awaits

Ive never seen immigrants on the street selling the Big Issue in my home town within Derbyshire.

I currently live in South Africa and everyday I come across teams of people at Traffic Lights begging, selling rubbish from China and checking out cars to see who's been stupid enough to put their handbags on the passenger seat for them to break the window and steal it ! Every free car park (and a few that arnt free) have car guards that want money for supposedly watching over your car while you shop.

When you live in a Country that has such poverty and everyday has to deal with terrible crimes, dealing with immigrants selling the Big Issue is a breeze.

Last edited by HighCaper; Sep 25th 2013 at 8:47 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:45 pm
Banned

You know you are in the UK when..you can step out the back door and pick fresh blackberries and apples for a pie We also have a tree full of damsons, I had never had them before but now Im hooked.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HighCaper
Ive never seen immigrants on the street selling the Big Issue in my home town within Derbyshire.

I currently live in South Africa and everyday I come across teams of people at Traffic Lights begging, selling rubbish from China and checking out cars to see who's been stupid enough to put their handbags on the passenger seat for them to break the window and steal it ! Every free car park (and a few that arnt free) have car guards that want money for supposedly watching over your car while you shop.

When you live in a Country that has such poverty and everyday has to deal with terrible crimes, dealing with immigrants selling the Big Issue issue is a breeze.
Yes I agree, it is insignificant really and not something I have noticed around here either.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:52 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by HighCaper

When you live in a Country that has such poverty and everyday has to deal with terrible crimes, dealing with immigrants selling the Big Issue is a breeze.
and you still live in SA - I wonder why?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:57 pm
Next chapter awaits

Originally Posted by not2old
and you still live in SA - I wonder why?
Not for much longer...moving back in Dec 2013.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.