Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Me too. Lots of luck with the start of your new life in the UK and the race/s of course. Have you always been into competitive sport? I am hopeless at it. I did a modern dance degree for goodness sake. We dancers cry at the meer thought of sweating outdoors without mirrors!
I think I'm more competitive than I thought I was, but only against my own times/self. I used to race motorbikes and loved that but with the endurance sport I've been into it for about 11yrs now. I like to do stuff that tests me really and I find the people involved in cycling and triathlon are generally very nice. I do wonder about giving tri away sometimes and just keep up the cycle racing, purely because it would give me time for something else (my guitars are getting dusty!) but triathlon is terribly addictive.

Thanks for all the wishes
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm currently in the throws of nagging my kids about practising their instruments...I could throw in a 'go and play your guitar!' to you too.

Don't forget to keep us updated once you're back...warts n' all!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I think I'm more competitive than I thought I was, but only against my own times/self. I used to race motorbikes and loved that but with the endurance sport I've been into it for about 11yrs now. I like to do stuff that tests me really and I find the people involved in cycling and triathlon are generally very nice. I do wonder about giving tri away sometimes and just keep up the cycle racing, purely because it would give me time for something else (my guitars are getting dusty!) but triathlon is terribly addictive.

Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, where'd 4 and 3 go? You must be getting busy as you get to the big

Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Hey, where'd 4 and 3 go? You must be getting busy as you get to the big

It was so late when I logged in last night that 4 seemed out of place. But here's a three. (shippers arrive in a couple of hours ).

Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ezzie
Well, I'm currently in the throws of nagging my kids about practising their instruments...I could throw in a 'go and play your guitar!' to you too.

Don't forget to keep us updated once you're back...warts n' all!
I doubt there will many updates from me. Every now and again maybe.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:22 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

You should come to Van Island on day...I think you'd love it. They have lots of torture races - ski to surf stuff....they cycle through our village mud splattered and sweating profusely. I look on with great admiration but very stationary!

I have to say I used to love the personal challenge of dance with regard to stamina and technique. We'd do three 1hr 30min classes a day at college. Brutal.

Happy days in Blighty!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
You should come to Van Island on day...I think you'd love it. They have lots of torture races - ski to surf stuff....they cycle through our village mud splattered and sweating profusely. I look on with great admiration but very stationary!

I have to say I used to love the personal challenge of dance with regard to stamina and technique. We'd do three 1hr 30min classes a day at college. Brutal.

Happy days in Blighty!

Thanks. I'd like to do IronMan Canada one day but it's hard to get into. It's in Penticton.

My all consuming race of dreams is the Norseman Xtreme Triathlon in Norway though. I have an unhealthy obsession with that race.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I'd like to do IronMan Canada one day but it's hard to get into. It's in Penticton.

My all consuming race of dreams is the Norseman Xtreme Triathlon in Norway though. I have an unhealthy obsession with that race.
You mean the triathlon, or the Norsemen?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just wanting to wish you both all the very best for the future.....I am going to be pretty busy this week so might not get on to the computer... good luck and who knows might see you on t.v (although would not know it was you..lol) with an IronMan medal..... take care
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
You mean the triathlon, or the Norsemen?
Haha, no the race only
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi just wanting to wish you both all the very best for the future.....I am going to be pretty busy this week so might not get on to the computer... good luck and who knows might see you on t.v (although would not know it was you..lol) with an IronMan medal..... take care
Thanks, it means a lot.

Shippers have gone and just getting ready for dinner with some friends. Getting in the UK mood by listening to Radio 2 online (Pet Shop Boys 'You Were Always on my Mind' remember that? ).
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it means a lot.

Shippers have gone and just getting ready for dinner with some friends. Getting in the UK mood by listening to Radio 2 online (Pet Shop Boys 'You Were Always on my Mind' remember that? ).
I remember the song and quite liked it but was never really a fan of the Pet Shop Boys....I like radio 2....easy listening..lol...now I am showing my age...groan...bring on the knitting needles..!!!...that might be a good thread..."what's you favorite all time song and why"....how are you feeling...nervous,excited....Hope you have a lovely Dinner...going anywhere nice? I'm having a "wok in a box"..lol...swop!!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brits1
I remember the song and quite liked it but was never really a fan of the Pet Shop Boys....I like radio 2....easy listening..lol...now I am showing my age...groan...bring on the knitting needles..!!!...that might be a good thread..."what's you favorite all time song and why"....how are you feeling...nervous,excited....Hope you have a lovely Dinner...going anywhere nice? I'm having a "wok in a box"..lol...swop!!
I'm very excited but no so much that I have lost sight of the tasks in front of us, but our 'ducks' are as lined up as could be expected in this economy. Looking forward to doing things with the family without thinking xx amounts of days until I fly back. Looking forward to setting up a new chapter in our lives. We will live about 2hrs from my parents and about an hour from sister, depending on where we settle so it'll be nice to be independent but have them around as well.

Didn't go anywhere special, just the local 'pub' (read chrome and glass soul less drinking emporium).

Place is nearly empty. Let the flat cleaning commence.
Attached Thumbnails What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?-house_number_2.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very excited but no so much that I have lost sight of the tasks in front of us, but our 'ducks' are as lined up as could be expected in this economy. Looking forward to doing things with the family without thinking xx amounts of days until I fly back. Looking forward to setting up a new chapter in our lives. We will live about 2hrs from my parents and about an hour from sister, depending on where we settle so it'll be nice to be independent but have them around as well.

Didn't go anywhere special, just the local 'pub' (read chrome and glass soul less drinking emporium).

Place is nearly empty. Let the flat cleaning commence.
I love your countdown...getting there quickly now
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:21 pm
Ping-ponger

Bring on the big golden doughnut!!

(Blimey, that really hurts your eyes!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.