Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?

Originally Posted by ezzie
Sorry Tr1boy....you're running LSD? Dear Lord, I know some althletes take a variety of muscle growth enhancers but LSD! How on earth do you cycle in a straight line?

On a more serious note...brilliant, you're both going 'back 'ome'

As I'm always fascinated in what motivates people, what exactly is it that's driven you & the Mrs. back?
Not quite, LSD = Long Slow Distance (which is relative and different for everybody).

I've known for years that Oz isn't for me and living in 3 other countries I know I 'gel' with Oz the least. For us it's just a choice pure and simple. That's where we want to be so that's where we're going. I'm looking forward to being English again and being surrounded with my own culture. My wife is looking forward to living in a new country and working in her chosen profession in the UK. We're both looking forward to having some family around and feeling a lot more comfortable in our surroundings than we do here. Certainly looking forward to spending serious amounts of time traveling and discovering new places, especially in Europe.

Very much looking forward to buying a house and feeling settled but probably won't buy until the end of the year (hopefully in Marlow eventually).

We've waited a long time for this to come, literally years, but we've never strayed from this plan. When push comes to shove the only real reason is because we want to.

Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

How fabulous you've had that goal to work towards and are now very nearly at that point.

But.....what exactly is it that didn't 'gel' for you in Oz. It's hard to define sometimes isn't it, but go on, give it a go!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Not quite, LSD = Long Slow Distance (which is relative and different for everybody).

I've known for years that Oz isn't for me and living in 3 other countries I know I 'gel' with Oz the least. For us it's just a choice pure and simple. That's where we want to be so that's where we're going. I'm looking forward to being English again and being surrounded with my own culture. My wife is looking forward to living in a new country and working in her chosen profession in the UK. We're both looking forward to having some family around and feeling a lot more comfortable in our surroundings than we do here. Certainly looking forward to spending serious amounts of time traveling and discovering new places, especially in Europe.

Very much looking forward to buying a house and feeling settled but probably won't buy until the end of the year (hopefully in Marlow eventually).

We've waited a long time for this to come, literally years, but we've never strayed from this plan. When push comes to shove the only real reason is because we want to.

Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
How fabulous you've had that goal to work towards and are now very nearly at that point.

But.....what exactly is it that didn't 'gel' for you in Oz. It's hard to define sometimes isn't it, but go on, give it a go!
There isn't any point really because I've put it down dozens of times over the years. If you search my posts (and Triboy) you'll see what I don't like about it here. It isn't hard for me to define at all but my experience won't be yours and your considerations won't be mine.

As I've said to you before. You have to make the decision yourself and don't be influenced by the reasons of others. Be yourself.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

I shall search your posts...but I really am interested. What I find fascinating is when you read Aussie's accounts of why they didn't like about the UK and what they miss about Aus. Incredibly similar but reversed. There's obviously so much of our identity forged in our upbringing that seems to call louder as we age....a bit like a salmon I guess (although I'm hoping I don't do the skin falling off, dropping dead stuff that salmon do when they finally get back to their birthplace!).

There isn't any point really because I've put it down dozens of times over the years. If you search my posts (and Triboy) you'll see what I don't like about it here. It isn't hard for me to define at all but my experience won't be yours and your considerations won't be mine.

As I've said to you before. You have to make the decision yourself and don't be influenced by the reasons of others. Be yourself.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Attached Thumbnails What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?-2000_10_4-number-ten_web.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

That's still too long
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

it's flying by.....
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brits1
it's flying by.....
Will you miss me?

My boss cried today as she only has me for three more days and nobody else can speak Spanish in our team (she's from Costa Rica). She's such a great boss, if I get someone half as good as her in the UK I'll be a lucky man.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you miss me?

My boss cried today as she only has me for three more days and nobody else can speak Spanish in our team (she's from Costa Rica). She's such a great boss, if I get someone half as good as her in the UK I'll be a lucky man.
"course" I will....I've also had some wonderful bosses (and not in a rude kind of way I might add)...but then agan it's because I am a wonderful employee...lol..know what you mean though it can make or brake a job if you have a dragon for a boss.....my first job after nursing was for a great company but my immediate boss...well after all these years I can still remember her name...lol...but she did make me stand up for myself in future employment...I was a bit meek before then..lol...I have been studying spanish (by c.d) for about 3 years now....and still cannot "click" with it...maybe because these last 3 years have been all over the show so to speak...will you be having a works leaving party?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

will you be having a works leaving party?
Yeah we are going to Manly Friday afternoon for some lunch and drinks (I'll probably be in bed by 9pm as I have to train on the weekend).
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah we are going to Manly Friday afternoon for some lunch and drinks (I'll probably be in bed by 9pm as I have to train on the weekend).
Not bad though, afternoon until early evening....thats a "darn sight" longer than I could last for...lol...have you warned the residents of Manly.....
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not bad though, afternoon until early evening....thats a "darn sight" longer than I could last for...lol...have you warned the residents of Manly.....
Nah, it'll be a sneak attack.
Attached Thumbnails What is the appropriate time frame for a countdown?-momatrip6.jpg  
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nah, it'll be a sneak attack.
Not much of a sneak attack if your going out with your big orange friend in the picture..lol...
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not much of a sneak attack if your going out with your big orange friend in the picture..lol...
I'll actually be arriving with 3 hot wimmin in a Audi A3 cabriolet.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll actually be arriving with 3 hot wimmin in a Audi A3 cabriolet.
And you want to leave...sounds like "A dream come true" for the "gents" outs there...lol.... funnily enough I said to my Oh a while ago....never mind buying a house when we are home again....I'd like an Audi, my brother has an Mercedes, SIL has an 4x4 Lexus and my nephews have BMW's...so an Audi was the only car that would be different...yep I'm just a shallow person at heart..... I'd really like an Aston Martin...but will just have to dream about that one...lol...might have to dream about the Audi with the expense of this move...lol...sounds like your going to have a great time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.