Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the situation in the UK really that bad?

How is that relevant to the UK?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
How is that relevant to the UK?
Simply want to know what things are like where Bud lives.....Don't we all make comparisons with other places?

It must be really great where he is if he is so critical of everything in the UK
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Simply want to know what things are like where Bud lives.....Don't we all make comparisons with other places?

It must be really great where he is if he is so critical of everything in the UK
I think some people make comparisons between where they lived before and where they lived now - and some people compare how things were to how they are now as they perceive them.

I would guess the health service where Bud lives is fine - but not a public health service which you well know so repeatedly asking the same question is nothing more than trolling really!
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Postcode lottery, Broken Britain etc etc just ridiculous tabloid nonsense. Like anywhere in the world more population means more demand equals longer wait.
To be able to walk into a GPs surgery without wondering whether I can afford to pay the bill would be sheer heaven.
That, in a nutshell, is what is so good about the NHS.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people make comparisons between where they lived before and where they lived now - and some people compare how things were to how they are now as they perceive them.

I would guess the health service where Bud lives is fine - but not a public health service which you well know so repeatedly asking the same question is nothing more than trolling really!
So if I go on to the Australia forum and constantly criticise everything about Australia.....then you will step in every time someone has a go at me will you?

...and constantly being negative about the UK on the MBTTUK forum looks like trolling to me.....what are you going to do about it....you are a moderator

....or is being negative about the UK fair game to you?

Last edited by Grayling; Feb 3rd 2014 at 6:31 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To be able to walk into a GPs surgery without wondering whether I can afford to pay the bill would be sheer heaven.
That, in a nutshell, is what is so good about the NHS.
The GP surgery we left in the UK would only let you make an appt on the day you were calling. To get an appt on the day involved ringing repeatedly once the phone lines opened at 08.15. If by the time you got through there were no appts left that day, you still couldn't book an appt for the following day - just try again at 0815 the following morning. Rinse and repeat until either you got lucky and got through in time, or you got better - or you got so sick you ended up in hospital
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:34 am
Bitter and twisted

The GP surgery we left in the UK would only let you make an appt on the day you were calling. To get an appt on the day involved ringing repeatedly once the phone lines opened at 08.15. If by the time you got through there were no appts left that day, you still couldn't book an appt for the following day - just try again at 0815 the following morning. Rinse and repeat until either you got lucky and got through in time, or you got better - or you got so sick you ended up in hospital
So you think people should be critical of the Uk because of where you lived?....sounds a bit biased to me
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:36 am

So if I go on to the Australia forum and constantly criticise everything about Australia.....then you will step in every time someone has a go at me will you?

...and constantly being negative about the UK on the MBTTUK forum looks like trolling to me.....what are you going to do about it....you are a moderator

....or is being negative about the UK fair game to you?
Constantly criticising the UK is very british - it happens everywhere. Constant squabbles do end up being moderated in the Aus forum where people are often as negative about red tape, paying for medical services, cost of everything, etc as well you know. You can also see I'm not a moderator in this forum
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:38 am

So you think people should be critical of the Uk because of where you lived?....sounds a bit biased to me
There is good and bad everywhere - as Chris and yourself often point out, the parts of the UK that you are familiar with are great - same country, different experiences but mine are as valid as yours.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Constantly criticising the UK is very british - it happens everywhere
so that's OK then
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:43 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point Grayling is making is that Bud seemingly has no intention of returning to the UK so his constant criticism can only be viewed as trolling. If he does have plans to return then his constant negative posts could be seen as some sort of 'revenge' for others posting positive things, either way not a good look.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:45 am
Bitter and twisted

There is good and bad everywhere - as Chris and yourself often point out, the parts of the UK that you are familiar with are great - same country, different experiences but mine are as valid as yours.
....and if I post about some of the crap experiences I've had with the health service in Australia everyone will accept them as my experiences?.. so just as valid ....will they?

Last edited by Grayling; Feb 3rd 2014 at 6:48 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:49 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by chris955
I think the point Grayling is making is that Bud seemingly has no intention of returning to the UK so his constant criticism can only be viewed as trolling. If he does have plans to return then his constant negative posts could be seen as some sort of 'revenge' for others posting positive things, either way not a good look.
But, apparently, it is OK because everyone criticises the UK
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:49 am

....and if I post about some of the crap experiences I've had with the health service here everyone will accept them as my experiences?.. so just as valid ....will they?
I thought you were happy with the NHS - if you have had poor experience, as Bud says, there is a bit of a postcode lottery when it comes to treatment, but you can seek treatment in a different NHS area if you are able to travel
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:51 am
Bitter and twisted

I thought you were happy with the NHS - if you have had poor experience, as Bud says, there is a bit of a postcode lottery when it comes to treatment, but you can seek treatment in a different NHS area if you are able to travel
I am talking about Australia...where I live.....and you know it.

In fact I edited my post to reflect that before you replied

You really are showing your true colours here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.